• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
Interesting, wonder if Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo will have a presence and if this is gonna become a yearly thing if it does well

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem certain whether it's one big event, like an e3 presentation style or several days of programming. Either way excited and hopeful for reveals

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
IGN are smart for capitalizing on that opportunity. E3 being cancelled definitely left a hole that needed to be filled.

Oct 26, 2017
Question is, where does Nintendo and MS fit in all this? Will they do their E3 presentation here or go full solo? NoA have former IGN folks ad did give IGN the exclusive reveal of Devil's Third on Wii U.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
This is wild. And actually ginormous. Makes you wonder how limited the digital xbox event will be. There are some HUGE pubs coming out for this. And not every game will be big daddy amazing but still. Crazy - I expect Kinda Funny to do it big on indies too

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Question is, where does Nintendo and MS fit in all this? Will they do their E3 presentation here or go full solo? NoA have former IGN folks ad did give IGN the exclusive reveal of Devil's Third on Wii U.

My guess is that they're big enough to do their own thing, especially since MS will probably reveal more about the XSX.

This seems great but companies that were going to have smaller presentations.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the hands on demos will work?

will publications like IGN get sent exclusive demos.
Unless the publisher is playing themselves

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
IGN should to try and round up publishers to announce their games in a single show run by them to try and one up ESA... but I guess this ain't it (name's awful too)

Oct 26, 2017
This is wild. And actually ginormous. Makes you wonder how limited the digital xbox event will be. There are some HUGE pubs coming out for this. And not every game will be big daddy amazing but still. Crazy - I expect Kinda Funny to do it big on indies too

A lot of huge publishers are not in this list.

No EA
No Activision
No Nintendo
No MS
No WB

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
So emmm about that digital E3 format that the ESA was preparing?? LOL.
Seems like basically this is the year where everyone understands they can do their own events.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
why would MS not get to show the games they would show?
stuff like KH3 got shown at every conference. There isn't a exclusivity thing that we know of.

for example I don't think Bandai having their own event means Elden Ring won't show up at MS's conference.
Especially if MS has marketing...

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
IGN already does huge productions around E3 with interviews and streaming all week. Makes sense to just do the same thing but without the ESA involved.
I'd expect Nintendo to join in somehow

Nintendo and IGN partnered for Switch advertisements last year so they still have a tight relationship

I remember seeing Brian Altano advertise Link's Awakening for an IGN/Nintendo ad before Lion King or something last year

No EA
No Activision
No Nintendo
No MS
No WB
Not everyone is involved but there's enough here to run a successful faux-E3 event

Last edited:

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019

No EA
No Activision
No Nintendo
No MS
No WB
2 of those are console manufacturers - meaning they're big enough to produce their own thing. EA has 85% sports games and no games in its remote future that the hardcore who watch e3 are interested in. Activision has remasters and COD. Again, don't need to show anything. IMHO - they have all the big publishers there.

notusingthis

May 31, 2019
sega and bandai! looking forward to a yakuza 7 western release date / yakuza remastered collection PC announcement and obviously elden ring!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
That's all well and good, but I need the next installment of the Devolver Cinematic Universe.

Long live the robo-Struthers!

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Looks like you got caught between the "no thanks" and "i'm good thanks"

Anyway, I doubt WB will be part of it.
They were willing to do it at E3, cuz the name still holds up, but an IGN event, with the amout of things they have to announce?
Nah, they will do their own direct.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
ehhh

not a fan of IGNs content so my hope is p low for this being good unless its literally E3 without a crowd

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Smart move, IGN. I'd imagine that the ones who were gonna do their own Directs or press conferences anyway are gonna go solo (Nintendo even has Treehouse Live they can do remotely). Likewise, I could see the likes of Capcom latching onto one of the Big 3 instead of this.

Oct 25, 2017

I expect them to be in both events, maybe some reveals in the Xbox one, demos in the IGN one, etc