• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of this whole thing, it annoys the shit out of me that those who don't like DS assume that those who do only like it because Kojima's name attached to it. Dumb for a Mod to just outright claim something like that especially when it can't be proved.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking wow

Our review was obviously supposed to shake the world's mentality on the game and it hasn't syndrome. Sit down IGN and fuck off. A review site telling people not to give their perspective opinions on games. How perfect.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Is this is an actual IGN poll or something set up by a mod on their forums? Because there's a huge difference if it's just a mod being weird rather than actual employees of IGN.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Come on now the mod has nothing to do with the way IGN handles the poll. This is ridiculous to try and conflate the two.

Kadab

Oct 25, 2017
ub1smht.jpg

RossoneR

Oct 28, 2017
They should care about their reviews where where mediocre popular titles re given 9+. And not care about what users think. Respect it and do ur job.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
reminds me of when what's his name (the IGN nintendo guy) flipped his shit because Okami beat out Twilight Princess. i was embarrassed for the guy

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
They could have reasonable excuse to not put DS on their list just by saying its review score didn't meet their GOTY criteria... something like only games with 8.0 or above score could be nominated.

But of course they didn't due to their poor marketing / communication team.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need to let this guy go if they want to save what's left of their reputation.
IGN is bigger than most sites by a hefty margin.

Gaming sites shouldn't have Goty polls period. Fanboys are just going to vote on their system of choice. So Sony fanboys are automatically going to vote for Death Stranding, even though they played better games.This is on stupid fanboys, not IGN. Though, IGN shouldn't have made the poll in the first place.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably because it's misleading and not that important. Most people wouldn't care. It's a fan poll on a forum. Again it's reaching. This is like people trying to get outraged over an Era poll.
Pretty misleading title when the person in question is just a forum moderator, who I doubt is even paid.

But you knew what you were doing.
zO8332n.png

Can you guys not read or something, it's not on the forums, the poll was in the article, it was removed by staff.
The non-staff moderator mocking people is unrelated to that, it's just extra.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death stranding winning goty at the game awards will be glorious. Just like when god of war won. Salt levels will reach heights never seen.

Plum

May 31, 2018
A moderator represents the site even if they're not paid.

IGN has 700+ paid employees yet a single unpaid moderator of their relatively disconnected forums is enough for people to go "UNPROFESSIONAL BUNCH OF PETTY FUCKS DON'T KNOW JOURNALISM," as if the entire site had suddenly declared war on Death Stranding. It's ridiculous and just reeks of internet flame war culture where everything is a battle between 'us' and 'them'.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
They could have reasonable excuse to not put DS on their list just by saying its review score didn't meet their GOTY criteria... something like only games with 8.0 or above score could be nominated.

But of course they didn't due to their poor marketing / communication team.
I think the poll was just people voting on the games they selected as nominees for their internal GotY award, but people started getting upset over no Death Stranding, so they added it in later.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
The mod will get reprimanded by official IGN staff, he'll apologize or just leave his function and the world will go on. There are no site wide conspiracy against a game a lot of people woking there love. To think IGN chooses to use its official position to shit on a game is delusional and doesn't make any sense.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think DS fans are the worst thing to have come out of the game, but this is quite amusing. Good on IGN for proving time and time again why they're the laughing stock of game journalism.

tenor.gif

Gibordep

Nov 1, 2017
Some years ago I watch IGN the daily news basically because of Naomi kyle but the site just turn to be ridiculous..

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
This is on their forums right? So It's user based. The whole outrage thing makes it seem like the staff is trying to make it lose. I really doubt they care if the community think it's GOTY.
Isn't the poll on the front page? If so that's definitely not controlled by a community members.

Edit: yea, the poll was on the website, not a forum/community run poll. Their GotY article even reference it.

Last edited:

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Pretty misleading title when the person in question is just a forum moderator, who I doubt is even paid.

But you knew what you were doing.

You think you're being clever and this makes a big difference but you're not, and it doesn't.

A mod is still part of the team and represents the website, there's no way around that, and the article/poll wasn't by a mod anyway.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
I somehow doubt it won legit. Was probably bombed after rabid fans realized IGN omitted it from the inital list.

Feb 5, 2018
The amount of hate boner IGN has for DS is frankly hilarious. Ever since that review I knew something was up with them.

And that mods argument "If Kojima's name wasnt attached it would be ignored". I VERY much doubt that. If DS was an independent title it likely would have been less scrutinized. It is the fact that it is a Kojima game that it is polarized, on top of the split gameplay feelings

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, when IGN first released their GOTY picks, DS wasn't on there. Did they change the original list to include more games, then remove DS because too many people were voting for it?

Madness if so

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the situation with the mod, but from what it seems it's that this was an official poll created by IGN staff on their main page that then was subsequently removed by them. Not like just some random forum poll like you'd have here. Regardless of what the mod says (which I'm unaware of if they're a volunteer or a paid rep of IGN. One is worse than the other but they're still repping this site), that's the real horse shit.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of this whole thing, it annoys the shit out of me that those who don't like DS assume that those who do only like it because Kojima's name attached to it. Dumb for a Mod to just outright claim something like that especially when it can't be proved.

Hey listen, I just passed 100 hours with the game yesterday and looking at about 20 more hours before finishing. If I put 120 hours on a game it's either because I love it or it's got Kojima's name on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.