• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
This is on their forums right? So It's user based. The whole outrage thing makes it seem like the staff is trying to make it lose. I really doubt they care if the community think it's GOTY.

Oct 28, 2019
I like how the only people that care enough to be outraged are on r/deathstranding. It's also cool to make a moderator on some forums out to represent the actual employees of Ign. Come on people this is reaching.

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
So they made a poll and deleted it because it wasn't going their way?
That anti Sony propaganda is strong.

Drencrom

Oct 25, 2017
SWE
It's really funny to me that some people are being so toxic and negative towards a game that's all about selflessly helping others, anti-violence and positive interactions with people.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I am the first in line to bitch about Death Stranding, but like... That's helluva petty. Like I don't believe people that like the game don't actually like it. That's assinine.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Weird. I enjoyed Death Stranding and it will probably be high on my list. Pretty childish response from the mod at IGN.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
I don't like Death Stranding for the same reasons listed by the mod, but why would you do a popularity poll and then get mad when a popular game wins it? How dumb can they be?

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Is IGN's GOTY made by popular choice? If they didn't want Death Stranding to possible win, why did they put in the list?

This is all really strange

No, IGN GOTY isn't popular choice. This is just the audience poll for the community/readership GOTY.

Originally the poll didn't include DS at all ( since it's not part of IGN's best of 2019 ) - but IGN added DS to the poll later after they had complaints that DS wasn't there. And now the poll is gone altogether.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Just one more reason for me to never use IGN anymore, it's getting worst and worst each year.
And this is a community vote, why would such a huge amount of people ironically vote on DS?

Really? You ask this question? Even in this forum, ppl got shit for not liking the game, and reviewers not liking the game / "bad" reviews were torn to pieces. Please. Of course people were voting for DS, just because.

The real lesson here is: Public voting always sucks in such cases. It's just like with Metacritic user reviews ... just even less to do with basically a few clicks.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
It's dumb because even that moderator admits the game is divisive. A divisive game is loved and hated, not just "mediocre".

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If you think this is salty just wait once Dorito Pope hands GOTY award to Death Stranding.
The passive agressive tweets will be glorious.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
I like how the only people that care enough to be outraged are on r/deathstranding. It's also cool to make a moderator on some forums out to represent the actual employees of Ign. Come on people this is reaching.

Imagine the madness that the people who participate in a fan forum for a game are outraged about the game getting shafted

It's been posted like five times on /r/games but gets removed every time.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Personally I would've taken the entire thing down after people started claiming it's rigged and started a campaign to mass vote for a specific game lol. At that point the whole thing is worthless.

If I was in charge there I would think that after people called to arms in favour of DS online, there are indeed people voting for it just for the memes and sticking it to IGN. Can't really fault them. This isn't any different than people being upset at 8.8 Zelda reviews or anything like that.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
welp if you don't like the possible results of a user's choice poll... don't make one.

Jun 26, 2018
I'm guessing this is all on the IGN mod who's being a weirdo about it, and not like IGN's actual staffers? Are IGN Mods staffers? God, that sounds like a horrible job.

Oct 28, 2019
Imagine the madness that the people who participate in a fan forum for a game are outraged about the game getting shafted

It's been posted like five times on /r/games but gets removed every time.
Probably because it's misleading and not that important. Most people wouldn't care. It's a fan poll on a forum. Again it's reaching. This is like people trying to get outraged over an Era poll.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
This appears to be just some jerkoff mod on their forums, not something any of the staff are doing.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Today I learned that one mod on the forums = the entirety of IGN.

Didn't know they had a hivemind thing going on there but, eh, you learn something new everyday.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care for Death Stranding and yet still this looks pathetic on IGN's part. I'm surprised it continues to receive any clicks at all.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Pretty misleading title when the person in question is just a forum moderator, who I doubt is even paid.

But you knew what you were doing.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

Fuck that site.

I voted for RE2 BECAUSE Death Stranding wasn't an option when I voted.

THEN, they decide to add it and I couldn't even change my vote.

NOW they remove it because it's winning?

Fuck that site.
That's hilarious, lol.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Omg...

This can't be real. Is that hate for the game and/or Kojima THAT strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.