• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Honestly the original post was thoroughly surprising to me. This is much more in line with what I expected, which is just sad.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
All these people in the media still pretending to see 'both sides' and not acknowledge the murder thats currently ongoing should be shipped to Gaza where they suffer the same fear of death and despair as the innocents there feel. Words are never enough like this in a situation where you're playing down mass murder.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck J2 global. Spineless cowards with their all lives matter bullshit.

Look at the current loss of lives on both sides of this 'conflict' and tell me - who is terrorising who?

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
This makes me respect the courage of the people that pushed for the original statement even more. They clearly didn't had support from the parent company so it takes a lot of balls to do what they did. Mad props to them!

Nov 4, 2017
Back in the trash you go, IGN!

tenor.gif

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The only cowards here are the senior management who made them take this down. Nothing but respect for the staff who originally pushed for this. People shouldn't be directing their anger at them.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
IGN Staff: Let's fight cancer and try and eradicate it once and for all.

J2 Global: Cancer has as much of a right to defend itself and survive.

LNBL

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Spineless cowards. Respect to the people that posted the initial story.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The real problem is that the staff really can't do anything and have to obide. Someone suddenly losing their job or resigning is surely not an option for most at IGN US like Imran mentioned.

I wonder how much support they would get if they as a collective would publicly boycott their employer. Probably not enough for the boycott to make sense even if it's at IGN.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
Literally throwing the editors under the bus for negative backlash by forcing them to walk back the statement.

I think this is a J2 Global call rather than a ground level ign decision. If i was an editor I would be fuming right now.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Mad respect to the staff who made it happen, but the higher ups who both sided this can get fucked.

Israel's PR campaign marches on.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They really thought 25k to Save the Children would make this all blow over lmao

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Given their original post's focus on charities for relief, I don't even see how anyone could begin to defend this without making the assertion that Palestinian civilians deserve to suffer indiscriminately. I just don't. It feels more pro-genocide than "Israel deserves to defend itself". You can't bemoan "human shields" and then claim that they're justified collateral.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Donation links for basic humanitarian aid stirred zionists enough to take it down. The zionist Israeli lobby has always dehumanized Palestinians in the west where this sort of thing has been more than common, it's expected.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Given their original post's focus on charities for relief, I don't even see how anyone could begin to defend this without making the assertion that Palestinian civilians deserve to suffer indiscriminately. I just don't. It feels more pro-genocide than "Israel deserves to defend itself".
Because it acknowledges explicitly or implicitly that Palestinians are the victims which means Israel is doing a bad thing
And if you're pro Israel you can't have that

teenaxta

Feb 13, 2021
IGN should be ashamed of themselves. if you lacked the courage to raise voice of the oppressed then you shouldn't have bloody tweeted in the first place. damn cowards.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Their first thoughts indeed is for their partners. Capitalist trash I wouldn't want as dirt under my shoes. What other side is there to hear? How great it is to segregate people??

Everyone working for this piss company should speak up and quit. Burn this fucking company down.

balb

Oct 30, 2017
Come on video game journalism censorship watchdogs, this is your time to shine

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
J2 Global execs can fuck off into oblivion.

Trying to "both sides" the situation when one side is performing ethnic cleansing is gross and pathetic.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Shoutouts to those who helped put the original article out, made it easy to see where to donate.

Fuck the higher ups or whoever for this new statement.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Communicate your grievances to J2 Global, the company that owns IGN, here.
www.j2global.com

Contact Us - Ziff Davis

114 5th Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10011 See all locations First Name Last Name Your Email Inquiry M&A OpportunityPress InquiryGeneral Inquiry Your Message

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I don't think J2 Global is going to give a shit if people contact them. Pressure has to come from those "partners": the rest of the gaming press (and press in general) and from their advertising partners. They have to realize they made their brand toxic in a public way.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
IGN is dead for journalism then. How on earth could any journalist continue with them when executives are willing to step over their editor to not only censor the message but retract it as well.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Supporting people in need is the same as picking a political side. ?
Do medics pick political sides now? do people that provide shelter to refugees?

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
they should have put in some anime titties in the original article, that would have activated the free speech brigade

The real problem is that the staff really can't do anything and have to obide. Someone suddenly losing their job or resigning is surely not an option for most at IGN US like Imran mentioned.

I wonder how much support they would get if they as a collective would publicly boycott their employer. Probably not enough for the boycott to make sense even if it's at IGN.

that's why you got unions

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
I'd love to know the identity of the person at IGN who thought turning off replies wouldn't look sketchy as all hell.

"Turn off replies and throw $25,000 at some random charity with 'Children' in the title, quick!"

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
User banned (permanent): dismissive commentary, prior severe ban for dismissing concerns around representation
Why they need to get political? Just.. don't talk about the subject