• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018

IofMzDLU_400x400.jpg

Shocking.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I'll stick with DigitalFoundry on this sort of thing and not give that jackass any clicks.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
That's a shit take.

I do wish more people would qualify their dislike of a person instead of drive-by posting hyperbole like "yikes" "fuck this guy" "trumper"

Why can't y'all just say he had a shitty take? I get it. That's a reason to ban someone. But stop framing it like the person is an iredeemable piece of shit. It makes this forum look beyond stupid when it reacts the same way towards a person with a bad take as it does for genuinely evil people.
I agree. "Yikes" or "That's certainly a take" posts are just as annoying as posts that say "^This^" because they contribute nothing to the discussion and it feels like patting yourself on the back for simply acknowledging that a take is bad. Makes this place feel like Reddit where there's an unspoken agreed-upon lingo that garners popularity because it's the "proper" response. If you have something to say, type that shit out so the lurkers can learn something from this discourse.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
Eh. I didn't read the entire thread linked (his running to NeoGaf at this point doesn't help) but was never a particularly huge fan of his work beforehand regardless of his politics. This is obviously a subjective thing, but imo has a tendency to ramble and mash his words together, it can make listening to his videos a chore at points. I feel Alex & John are more relaxed and just sketch out what they're going to say a little more succinctly, as well Alex takes pains to explain the details of certain features better - NxGamer tends to rattle off a list of rendering terms without actually explaining what they mean.

It helps to have another outlet that's going to do deep dives as DF can't cover them all, but based on their work over the years DF is still going to be my primary source for these types of comparisons. Doesn't mean they're flawless, they can miss things - in this video for example, apparently the PS5 has dual reflections in some cases where the PC/Xbox versions don't.

Otoh, in his video he compares the 2070 (he calls it a '2070 super', whereas previously in the video he states it's an overclocked 2070, 'so it's closer to a 2070 super' - that's uh, highly debatable when the 2070 super is 15-25% faster than a 2070, an overclock does not give you that) to PS5/Series X and states that they have superior RT reflection performance comparing the fps in photo mode - but we know (from Alex) that the console versions are running the reflections with shorter ray casting and checkerboarded res, settings which you simply can't match on the PC. A minor point to be sure, but I think Alex tends to be more accurate with that kind of stuff.

boredandlazy

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Whether people think he was treated harshly here or not, if he jumped straight to Neogaf and is fine with the discourse there... Nothing more really needs to be said.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. "Yikes" or "That's certainly a take" posts are just as annoying as posts that say "^This^" because they contribute nothing to the discussion and it feels like patting yourself on the back for simply acknowledging that a take is bad. Makes this place feel like Reddit where there's an unspoken agreed-upon lingo that garners popularity because it's the "proper" response. If you have something to say, type that shit out so the lurkers can learn something from this discourse.
Eh, when you call people that were fearing that the country could come to an end on the 6th "hateful", and run off to gaf, I don't feel bad about it.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
There's bad takes and then there's both sidesing a coup attempt and BLM. He can fuck right off with that shit. There's been plenty of time to learn over the past year and his "take" wasn't some one off dipping his toe in shit. The guy is garbage, plain and simple. How about he go put in the effort to go redeem himself on his own without anyone needing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Babadook

self-requsted ban
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Yikes. I'm done with this disgusting, political censoring website. Bye Reset! The Marxist symbol is appropriate.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit that reply to Alex... His replies in general. I had totally missed that. Those were the absolute worst fucking takes.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
It makes sense, IGN and the guy who said a 500$ PC with GTX 1060 is as fast as a PS5
Gamersnexus is usually pretty good, i think what people miss about that review is it's based around 120fps, which the "full fat desktop ryzen 2's" in consoles show they are in fact cut down & struggle to compete with desktop cpu's, when it comes to GPU bottlenecks though, the GTX 1060 can't even beat the One X.
$500 PC isn't beating PS5/SX in 95% of real world scenarios, so the title is very click baity.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Gamersnexus is usually pretty good, i think what people miss about that review is it's based around 120fps, which the "full fat desktop ryzen 2's" in consoles show they are in fact cut down & struggle to compete with desktop cpu's, when it comes to GPU bottlenecks though, the GTX 1060 can't even beat the One X.
$500 PC isn't beating PS5/SX in 95% of real world scenarios, so the title is very click baity.
Yeah and consoles aren't even 4 months old. Year 3-4 gonna do wonders.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Providing someone has brought this up to ign i'm sure they will deal with this within the week. Those expecting companies to do a deep dive fbi background check with every potential hire are delirious. Unless you specifically find that thread on nx gamer here it's hard to find.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
User banned (permanent): Dismissing concerns surrounding acts of terror; account in junior phase
How are all these political 'conversations' not shut down/banned by the mods, or at least moved to a different section of the site. If you want to talk about politics go to a politics forum. Last I checked this is a gaming forum for gamers to talk about games. Could care less what the guy does or doesn't believe, his content is great.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Providing someone has brought this up to ign i'm sure they will deal with this within the week. Those expecting companies to do a deep dive fbi background check with every potential hire are delirious. Unless you specifically find that thread on nx gamer here it's hard to find.
I doubt it, they kept that plagiarizing dude on staff for more than five seconds after that story broke, so this might take awhile.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
How are all these political 'conversations' not shut down/banned by the mods, or at least moved to a different section of the site. If you want to talk about politics go to a politics forum. Last I checked this is a gaming forum for gamers to talk about games. Could care less what the guy does or doesn't believe, his content is great.

Buddy do you know what website you posted this on?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I doubt it, they kept that plagiarizing dude on staff for more than five seconds after that story broke, so this might take awhile.

No they pulled his review and froze him as a worker while they reviewed the situation. You can't put down your employees point blank based on allegations. Doing so is an invitational to get sued in the future.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
Buddy do you know what website you posted this on?

Oh I'm well aware. I didn't post that out of naivete. I think most people genuinely come here to talk about games and would welcome a crackdown on the political crap. It's crazy how blatant/pervasive it's gotten. All these sad political/ideological witch hunts have little to do with the hobby of gaming. We can do better.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Oh I'm well aware. I didn't post that out of naivete. I think most people genuinely come here to talk about games and would welcome a crackdown on the political crap. It's crazy how blatant/pervasive it's gotten. All these sad political/ideological witch hunts have little to do with the hobby of gaming. We can do better.

This forum was founded on the "political crap." Everyone who has an issue with it should leave. They will not be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.