• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought his posts were mostly anti violence. As in cops shouldn't be killing the protesters at the insurrection.

if that's the case, it's a tame take and not remotely controversial. If there's something else I'm missing, I apologize for missing it.

Screenshot-20210208-190909.png

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Clicked into that thread like "oh it must just be console war BS," clicked on to the final page and thought I ended up in the wrong thread. Yeeeeesh

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Both-siding white supremacist treason is certainly a take, and I guess there is a defense force on ERA for anything and everyone.

Kongroo

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, CA

That's a shit take.

I do wish more people would qualify their dislike of a person instead of drive-by posting hyperbole like "yikes" "fuck this guy" "trumper"

Why can't y'all just say he had a shitty take? I get it. That's a reason to ban someone. But stop framing it like the person is an iredeemable piece of shit. It makes this forum look beyond stupid when it reacts the same way towards a person with a bad take as it does for genuinely evil people.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a shit take.

I do wish more people would qualify their dislike of a person instead of drive-by posting hyperbole like "yikes" "fuck this guy" "trumper"

Why can't y'all just say he had a shitty take? I get it. That's a reason to ban someone. But stop framing it like the person is an iredeemable piece of shit. It makes this forum look beyond stupid when it reacts the same way towards a person with a bad take as it does for genuinely evil people.

this right here. When he's back, educate him. This shit isn't needed.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to say the guy was on the right side of those capitol arguments, but I'd hardly say he came across as a Trumper. More like he's anti-violence but ignorant of the nuance and context of these US-based situations. He would have better off not saying anything if he's not up to snuff on what was going on and why it was such a critical moment in our country.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not going to say the guy was on the right side of those capitol arguments, but I'd hardly say he came across as a Trumper. More like he's anti-violence but ignorant of the nuance and context of these US-based situations. He would have better off not saying anything if he's not up to snuff on what was going on and why it was such a critical moment in our country.

Except he seems to have a lot of opinions about BLM and the start of the discussion was him pushing back against the idea that BLM would have been met with overwhelming force.

Which isn't guesswork. They were pepper-sprayed, tear-gassed, beaten, and dispersed. On live television.

Nah, he knows exactly what he's doing. It's a wordier version of "Just asking questions."

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Except he seems to have a lot of opinions about BLM and the start of the discussion was him pushing back against the idea that BLM would have been met with overwhelming force.

Which isn't guesswork. They were pepper-sprayed, tear-gassed, beaten, and dispersed. On live television.

Nah, he knows exactly what he's doing. It's a wordier version of "Just asking questions."
I wasn't aware he talked a lot about BLM. My apologies, then.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
User Banned (3 Months): Inflammatory False Equivalences Around an Insurrection Over Multiple Posts; Inflammatory Accusations, Accusing Others of Being "Trumpist". Prior Ban for Dismissing Concerns of Representation
As an outsider, his take on the situation is pathetic. The overwhelming majority of BLM protests were peaceful and most of the violence was committed to the protesters.
Maybe, as an outsider, he didn't know how did those protests go, if most were peaceful or not, it really depends on how you receive that information. I also remember seeing quite a few videos showing violence associated to those BLM protests.
I live in Catalonia, Spain, we have had some political trouble here, including protests, the overwhelming majority peaceful and depending on where you see that information it just seems it is the opposite. In fact a political party now that we are a week away from voting , is comparing in their tv spots, those peaceful protests with the pro trump attacking the American institutions.

My point is that he really didn't justify anything, he just did a bad comparison, and people are really judging and defining him without further background or proof. In fact that is a very Trumpist way of doing things, imo.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wasn't aware he talked a lot about BLM. My apologies, then.

None needed. I've only read what you have read of his, regarding BLM property damage and the like. He seems informed enough to somehow compare the two.

Treason to undo democracy is a very different thing than protests that get out of hand to DEMAND democracy (or its benefits).

He can't be aware of BLM and the Capitol attack and not see that. The only other possibility is antagonism.

IMO.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I guess all I'm seeing is an outsider seeing a ton of violence in the US and that he's anti-violence.
Well I am an outsider, as in not living in america, as well. I think his comparison and other things he said were absolutely wrong on so many levels. I was shocked when I read them. How can someone even compare BLM protest asking for more human rights to a riot that some would say was straight up terrorism? How can a terrorism act be compared to driving without a license?

He is an adult and sorry even a child should know these examples are straight up baffling.
Some tried here and on twitter. He didn't listen iirc.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes....their HR or whomever does their vetting is shit.

I would love to see more tech analysis but not from the likes NXG. Surprised he only caught a 2 month not a perma there, here's hoping he doesn't come back.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Well I am an outsider, as in not living in america, as well. I think his comparison and other things he said were absolutely wrong on so many levels. I was shocked when I read them. How can someone even compare BLM protest asking for more human rights to a riot that some would say was straight up terrorism? How can a terrorism act be compared to driving without a license?

He is an adult and sorry even a child should know these examples are straight up baffling.
Some tried here and on twitter. He didn't listen iirc.
I don't think he compared that, though. I'm not native English, so i may be mistaken, but he just compared violent events, without further intention.
I agree his comparison wasn't good or adequate. But you cannot also jump into conclusions and accusations i see here just because he did a bad comparison in a very tense moment for many.

And i think he tried to explain himself, why he wrote that, instead of saying he was wrong, but people already had their verdict and also didn't listen.

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe, as an outsider, he didn't know how did those protests go, if most were peaceful or not, it really depends on how you receive that information. I also remember seeing quite a few videos showing violence associated to those BLM protests.
I live in Catalonia, Spain, we have had some political trouble here, including protests, the overwhelming majority peaceful and depending on where you see that information it just seems it is the opposite. In fact a political party now that we are a week away from voting , is comparing in their tv spots, those peaceful protests with the pro trump attacking the American institutions.

My point is that he really didn't justify anything, he just did a bad comparison, and people are really judging and defining him without further background or proof. In fact that is a very Trumpist way of doing things, imo.
You don't need to attend some sort of seminar to know that the BLM protests were about institutionalized racism and the storming of the capitol was an attempt to violently obstruct a democratic process powered by, you guessed it, institutionalized racism. At the very least a person should educate themselves before wading in with their hot takes.
These are not issues where you can take a middle stance on and claiming a harsh stance against that attitude is "Trump like" is obnoxious.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
That's a shit take.

People tried that (including Alex of DF no less!) and he literally tripled down. What more can be done at this point?

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
He didn't just double down in that thread and on his Twitter he quadrupled down.

He was unrepentant and chatting absolute shite. There is no 'educating' him.

Damn shame seeing people caping for him.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he compared that, though. I'm not native English, so i may be mistaken, but he just compared violent events, without further intention.
I agree his comparison wasn't good or adequate. But you cannot also jump into conclusions and accusations i see here just because he did a bad comparison in a very tense moment for many.

And i think he tried to explain himself, why he wrote that, instead of saying he was wrong, but people already had their verdict and also didn't listen.
People didn't listen because he didn't say he was wrong. There is no middle ground to fighting fascism and racism, and a coup attempt to destroy the country.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Sorry, but no. He doubled down and even said this in twitter in regards to the resetera discussion. He even tried to say it's just console wars in resetera iirc.

Sorry but, believing his comparisons are bullshit and his whataboutism in regards to the riot and BLM, doesn't make anyone a console warring as he suggeted. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt either, because he said a lot on twitter and here that this isn't just bad wording or whatever. By the way, I am not saying he supports trump or anything. I don't know who he supports, but his views are weird.

Perhaps it is a langue barrier, which you and I have, too. But would you double, triple, ... down on it? Or even use the excuse all bias or fanboys?

Last edited:

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but no. He doubled down and even said this in twitter in regards to the resetera discussion. He even tried to say it's just console wars in resetera iirc.

Sorry but, believing his comparisons are bullshit and his whataboutism in regards to the riot and BLM, isn't console warring as he suggeted. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt either, because he said a lot on twitter and here that this isn't just bad wording or whatever. By the way, I am not saying he supports trump or anything. I don't know who he supports, but his views are weird.

Perhaps it is a langue barrier, which you and I have, too. But would you double, triple, ... down on it? Or even use the excuse all bias or fanboys?

Ewww...

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
You don't need to attend some sort of seminar to know that the BLM protests were about institutionalized racism and the storming of the capitol was an attempt to violently obstruct a democratic process powered by, you guessed it, institutionalized racism. At the very least a person should educate themselves before wading in with their hot takes.
These are not issues where you can take a middle stance on and claiming a harsh stance against that attitude is "Trump like" is obnoxious.
As i said before, i don't think he was comparing blm protests with the attack to the capitol, AT ALL.,but he was comparing violence actions and police reaction to such violence.
Not a good comparison and not the best moment, I agree there, but i think he just shooting was not necessary. Which is, at least in Europe, the very last option (at least on paper) by the police or any other security forces, when compared with the US where weapons are, unfortunately, a common thing so things can get complicated much easier than here in Europe ( on paper)

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry but, believing his comparisons are bullshit and his whataboutism in regards to the riot and BLM, isn't console warring as he suggeted. I don't give him the benefit of the doubt either, because he said a lot on twitter and here that this isn't just bad wording or whatever. By the way, I am not saying he supports trump or anything. I don't know who he supports, but his views are weird.

Lol oh, he straight up went to gaf. Shows exactly what his view points are.

Calling people that against coups "hateful".

Yiiiikes 😬😬😬

Jun 15, 2020
I did not know about his insurrection comments until this thread, I'm guessing IGN didn't either. But I sure hope someone there sees this!!!!

Oct 27, 2017
That's a shit take.

Agreed. Yes he seems misinformed about the reality of each protest, but it's unlikely he's trying to push any radical agenda. I'm not even saying that it's about having sympathy, there's just a difference between a misinformed person and someone who wants to be an asshole.

Edit: You know that thing where you initially assume everyone is jumping to the wrong conclusions but then you find out there was some real basis for it, yeah that happened to me in this thread. The NXG guy said some stuff you can't really misinterpret.

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
As a subscriber, after reading the thread OP I was like:

YAfwVxQ.gif

And then I saw this post and went on to explore the following thread:

And was like:

AHKfPii.gif

And now I am like:

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As i said before, i don't think he was comparing blm protests with the attack to the capitol, AT ALL.,but he was comparing violence actions and police reaction to such violence.
Not a good comparison and not the best moment, I agree there, but i think he just shooting was not necessary. Which is, at least in Europe, the very last option (at least on paper) by the police or any other security forces, when compared with the US where weapons are, unfortunately, a common thing so things can get complicated much easier than here in Europe ( on paper)

in the face of everything being posted towards you you seem so damn sure it was all just a misunderstanding for some strange reason

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Yes he seems misinformed about the reality of each protest, but it's unlikely he's trying to push any radical agenda. I'm not even saying that it's about having sympathy, there's just a difference between a misinformed person and someone who wants to be an asshole.
I mean, he called people that are against the altright "hateful". Seems cut and dry.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017

What a hill to die on. insurrects and anti democracy militant white trash are equivalent to people demanding equality. Anyone who is sane would see an issue with such statement. Apparently not this dude. His twitter posts indicate that he thinks he hasn't done anything wrong. Big yikes.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017

Oh wow. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.