• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I've really enjoyed what I played. The only thing that drives me nuts is the UID# in the bottom right and no way to disable it, because I'm concerned about burn-in.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Honestly well deserved and legitimately has me hooked. BotW 2 hype gradually decreasing the more I play.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
So is the game actually deserving of said scores according to you folk on Era? The gatcha F2P stuff put me off, but I must say, it looks gorgeous and fun.
If you want a one sentence summary of what the game is like, I would say it is an excellent traditional game at base and can be played as such, but it also has predatory gacha gameplay loop layered on top of it.

And it is kind of reflected in the comments.
The positive comments tend to be about exploring the world, climbing and gliding around, doing quests and talking to the NPCs.
The negative comments tend to be about endgame dungeons (abyss) and daily/weekly missions (battle pass).

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
why is this site obsessed with this game
You know why.

I played it for a few days when it launched. I searched something online for it and it took me to the official Reddit page. Yea, not sure if I want to be associated with.... that....

I ended up quitting after Act 1 when the F2P trappings became blatant as hell.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
So is the game actually deserving of said scores according to you folk on Era? The gatcha F2P stuff put me off, but I must say, it looks gorgeous and fun.

I can see a 9, it's an 8+ from me so a 9 sounds fair.

It's a very fun game with a great world to explore, great combat mechanics, and an entertaining story.

Performance, dungeons, and that it's very incomplete storywise due to the type of game it is are the cons imo.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
Part of me wants to try it. But I refuse to play it with the Gacha mechanics baked into the game.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't started it yet but plan on doing so this weekend, how's the voice acting?

The English dub is serviceable IMO. Not winning any awards, but it's got its charms. Main story stuff has a lot of VA, although a fair amount of side content is silent. There are also Chinese, Korean and Japanese dubs if any of those float your boat, but I can't comment as to their quality.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't make it past the first 10 mins. As soon as that little whatever it is starts talking and refering to herself in the third person constantly I thought fuck this. Funny cos there was a time when "Kay" never bothered me at all. I guess I'm all old and grumpy these days

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
it's a very solid mobile title, but i wonder how bad gacha will end up for casual players

would suck to not be able to do all the story content & dungeons bc you rolled poorly

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Which area? I haven't unlocked everything yet, but I unlocked most things.
I didn't say it was perfect, I'm looking forward to play it on PS5 for that reason.
7nwhIJj.png

This mountainous region between Mondstat and Liyue is particularly bad. But it's almost never smooth and it's a shame that the performance hasn't been addressed at all. They could easily alleviate a lot of the performance issues by dropping the resolution to 1800p or 1440p. This game has no business being 4K with this level of performance. And with this art style it would still look gorgeous at a lower resolution.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Deserved, it's incredible what they've done with this game. So beautiful, so fun, and I can't wait to see what's next (they have plans already in place).

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely of high quality. Wish it had cross progression with ps4 as well. Nevertheless glad it's doing well

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
The horror!

You know why.

I played it for a few days when it launched. I searched something online for it and it took me to the official Reddit page. Yea, not sure if I want to be associated with.... that....

I ended up quitting after Act 1 when the F2P trappings became blatant as hell.

with what that?

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Well it's been a trash year filled with boring derivative garbage like avengers. Anything that stands out in the sea of mediocre AAA deserves a decent score.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Are only little anime girls playable in this? -______-

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
it's a very solid mobile title, but i wonder how bad gacha will end up for casual players

would suck to not be able to do all the story content & dungeons bc you rolled poorly
Probably not a problem, at least for the story content. In Mihoyo's previous game, Honkai Impact 3rd, they gave high level trial characters to players for the later story chapters, so anyone can clear them regardless of their level, gear, or permanent roster. I am told this is standard practice in recent gacha games with a main story progression.

Are only little anime girls playable in this? -______-
You can choose boy or girl for the main character. Of the characters given as part of the story, 2 are female and 1 is male. Of the whole in-game roster (not including main character), 14 are female and 8 are male.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
It's really good. I got a hell of a deal, so many hours of entertainment and I didn't put in any money, nor do I plan to.
By now though, login in for the daily mission grind is whatever. I can't do much either, because the resin system just sucks. But in a way, being locked to only being able to play 30 minutes a day isn't so bad, haha.
I look forward to exploring future areas.

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Playing it on mobile currently. It's pretty fun to play, and the game looks good even if the settings aren't maxed out. Voice acting is great as well.

Haven't really went far into the story (AR15 only) so I don't know if not having a 5 star character will become an issue yet.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
The game is beautiful and the music is wonderful, but I'm really hoping that playing it on PS5 will fix the l-o-n-g load times and the awful LOD pop in.

Jun 23, 2019
A lot of people are mad that this game is good despite being a ripoff of BotW. Someone earlier this week on Era actually got upset and said it's not fair and that Nintendo should sue Mihoyo for copying them. 😂

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I feel the the resin system and the way it gates so much of the content keeps it from being great, but it is a f2p game and something like this should be expected. Still I have enjoyed my time with it so far and will play till it feels like the game is punishing you for not spending money.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Y'know how people criticise things for being "style over substance"? This game to me feels like substance over style. It seems like mechanically and content-wise it's a really solid title, but aesthetically and creatively everything about it feels utterly derivative, generic and devoid of personality.

Eila

Oct 27, 2017
I've been at it like 6 or 7 hours and it's not gripping me. It gets better?
Have you gone and explored the map? Do you enjoy doing that?
I found the main storyline very bland, specially the first few questlines. But then I started exploring the world and fell in love. The map is packed with shit to unlock.

MadraptorMan

Oct 27, 2017
Niigata, Japan
I wish I could get into it, but I don't like the character-switching aspect at all. Call me old-fashioned but I like to have an attachment to the character I'm playing.