• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
It looks a bit like DLC for the first game, tbh. I dunno. The machines look amazing, but I'm wary of whether the open world stuff will be worthwhile, or just more generic stuff, like in Zero Dawn. Those side missions were a big 'ol waste of time.

EDIT: Gonna leave the above unaltered (for posterity), but I'll also add this: I don't mean to ruin anyone's excitement for the game. If you're hyped for it, that's completely understandable. In the future, I'll be more considerate.

Last edited:

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
This the first mention of an in-universe board game? I live for this kind of this shit lol I feel like I'm just gonna get constantly distracted in this game

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
It looks a bit like DLC for the first game, tbh. I dunno. The machines look amazing, but I'm wary of whether the open world stuff will be worthwhile, or just more generic stuff, like in Zero Dawn. Those side missions were a big 'ol waste of time.

Damn what kinda DLC are you playing?

Anyway good to be getting some more previews...will have to watch this later.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Disappointing that R3 reveals climbable parts of the world, it's more handholding and I prefer the joy of exploration and discovery without that. Sure I could just not press R3 but the game will be designed around using it.

Everything else seems to be shaping up like a major improvement though.

Kavalier_Clay

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 16, 2021
Looks good, I just can't take anything Jonathan Dornbush says seriously. The IGN console watch series of vlogs is just too cringe worthy and his bias is just overwhelmingly baffling at times.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

You just made this post in the Elden Ring thread:

My solution is to simply skip Horizon. Don't really mind if I catch flak for this, but it'll likely be a generic, style over substance sorta game anyway. The first was merely alright, with tons of issues.

You are just blatantly trolling.

AhiKuma

Banned
Sep 28, 2021
Easily game of the year. Besides God of War Ragnarok nothing else looks like it will compare from a quality and entertainment standpoint.

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España

There might be more previews now

I'm ready

21-B724-FE-80-CA-41-D7-A6-FC-9514782-DDCC7.jpg

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

People are allowed opinions.

I have to say the standout is still the graphics, and not sure I like the glowing gold markers for climbing things, seems regressive compared to what I expect from open worlds. Something like BOTW or Assassin's Creed where you can climb anywhere should be the standard.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate Ableist Joke

I recommend going to the optometrist because you are going blind. This looks absolutely incredible!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017

I'm not sure what to tell you, if that's what you believe. I played tons and tons of hours of the first game, getting the Platinum and everything. I'm just finding it difficult to get excited about the sequel. It looks good, but I'm also hesitant. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, if they do end up tightening up the open world activities, but those were my main contention with Zero Dawn.

OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
This the first mention of an in-universe board game? I live for this kind of this shit lol I feel like I'm just gonna get constantly distracted in this game
It was casually mentioned in the pre orders info as a bonus item to have for the mini game, but we dont really know what the game is yet.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 version look freaking good. Guerrilla are tech wizards.
Seems like they improved most things, players complained about. Shaping up to be great!

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Gotta say the ever present fog kills the sense of scale in this game for me. It already was like that in the first game.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
People are allowed opinions.

Those sure are some "opinions" 🙄

I have to say the standout is still the graphics, and not sure I like the glowing gold markers for climbing things, seems regressive compared to what I expect from open worlds. Something like BOTW or Assassin's Creed where you can climb anywhere should be the standard.

Yeah those glowing markers should be way more discrete. I know we don't need to use them but still they could've done a better job imo.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not sure what to tell you, if that's what you believe. I played tons and tons of hours of the first game, getting the Platinum and everything. I'm just finding it difficult to get excited about the sequel. It looks good, but I'm also hesitant. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, if they do end up tightening up the open world activities, but those were my main contention with Zero Dawn.
Genuinely curious why you would platinum a game that you say is "merely alright, with tons of issues"? I loved Zero Dawn but never got round to getting every trophy.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
Easily game of the year. Besides God of War Ragnarok nothing else looks like it will compare from a quality and entertainment standpoint.

really? i get it is fun but it seems more of the same, again this feels more like fast food gaming than anything that should be consider game of the year or anything moving the medium and entertainment forward.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
awww yeah. can't wait! i'm not gonna watch much of this, I'll probably minimize the video and hear what they think lol

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Skimmed through the video, game looks great! Has anyone ever talked about how long it will be? Horizon 1 was great, as there was just enough to do but it did not overstay its welcome. One of two open world games I got the platinum trophy for (Ghost of Tsushima being the second).

Oct 20, 2021
Holy shit, this game must have been expensive as fuck.
It looks absolutely stunning. I'm getting Witcher 3 vibes.
Yeah, I'm now fully convinced it will crack 90 on Metacritic.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

You're not wrong, I feel similar about the first game (didn't get the platinum tho :P). I would rate the first game as a 7/10 personally; and I'm sure I will play Forbidden West but I've not seen anything yet that makes me want to get it Day 1. Altough saying it looks like a bit like 'DLC' is not doing it justice, I disagree on that.

Zep

Banned
Jul 12, 2021
Okay that fine and seems as valid to me. But the first comment where you say this could be DLC is absolutely trolling.