• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Yeah, I am glad they did this. The MCC came a very long way from the state it was in in 2014. What a turnaround, and kudos to 343.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This has been such an interesting journey. It's wonderful that Microsoft and 343 didn't give up on this. It never should have released in the state it released in, but who doesn't love a comeback? Now that all is said and done, I've got only good feelings about it all.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
Recently started playing through all games and they still hold up after all this time. Playing halo ce and 2 got me hyped up for Infinite

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It really is something special. It still blows my mind when I boot the game and have access to all the Halos. Being in a match of 3 one minute and then 2 the next feels magical.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the PC version had all the games come out at the same time. Finished Reach's campaign and want to play the rest.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My hope is that no developer makes the same mistakes when doing a similar collection in the future. Still though, as is right now MCC is in excellent shape and it will keep getting better from here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty great. I can play over six Halo games just like that. Can go from Halo 2 to Halo 3 to Halo Reach in an instant.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Package on Xbox is still missing two things that could make it even better too.
  • Custom Games Broswer
  • ODST Firefight
The browser was promised and firefight is a possibility, if they do it it'll likely be when ODST is ported to PC.

Skiptastic

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know that it will have backwards compatibility but I wonder if this will get an "official" re-release on Series.
"Buy Halo Infinite at launch (or launch window), get the Master Chief Collection free" is probably likely.

EDIT: A full re-release? I don't know about that. Seems unlikely.

EDIT 2: Now that I think of it, what they'll probably do is pack in three months of Game Pass for free with an Xbox Series X, and they can advertise that they are including "the entire Halo franchise including Halo Infinite for free" at launch.

Last edited:

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The constant updating and reacting to what was happening with the MCC has been great to see. Similar to the NMS stuff, knowing a dev is not just pushing out a game and moving onto the next, is refreshing.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Custom Games Broswer
  • ODST Firefight
The browser was promised and firefight is a possibility, if they do it it'll likely be when ODST is ported to PC.

I imagine we will get ODST firefight either when ODST launches on PC or sometime after all the games are on PC.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
It won't be unbrokered until probaby sometime in 2020. I'll be sitting out until then.

Such a shame its a complex fix, not gonna lose my shit over it as they've put in some work for MCC for sure.

I could barely hear the team dialogue. Small thing for some, but as someone new to Reach, want the experience to be optimal

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Probably be one of the first games I get on the SeX. I miss playing good Bungie games. Reach was their pinnacle.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Such a great collection and why I'm ok with sprint in the new halo games. Halo 2--3 will always be there when I want my classic fix.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
a fantastic score for a fantastic series. Hopefully they can get em all out on PC by the time Infinite rolls around. They said next games will be coming out faster due to them being already ported to console now they only have to worry about the PC version which can draw a lot from the Xbox One ports

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of "Same gameplay, new graphics" type remasters, it was always a shame that halo 2 anniversary was overshadowed by MCC's problems.

Aphotic

Oct 25, 2017
The other night I re-installed and played MCC multiplayer for the first time in ages and had a blast. I was happy to see even the menu designs are much improved. I'm kinda jonesing for some Team Snipers now...

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Best turn around in gaming this gen. Halo really feels like it is building momentum into the next gen and I am here for it.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
  • Custom Games Broswer
  • ODST Firefight

Oh yeah. It needs this. This would make the game literally perfect.

Oct 25, 2017
In terms of "Same gameplay, new graphics" type remasters, it was always a shame that halo 2 anniversary was overshadowed by MCC's problems.
It's crazy how a lot of people STILL don't know H2A is actually a thing, especially on the multiplayer side of things. I think once the PC port comes out that will change

Observable

Oct 27, 2017
I hope I get into a situation where I have time to play this again. It looks great and I'm glad they decided to basically redo it and make it playable on PC.

Oct 27, 2017
That's a really nice review. I hope more outlets are revisiting the whole collection on Xbox and not just focusing on Reach on PC.

The part where matchmaking times are longer if you are making very specific requests is important to note. But if you just want 4v4 or 8v8 all game types and versions of Halo, you'll match in seconds.

Redemption has been well earned. And they'll keep adding to it for a long time to come.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
if they want a 10/10 they need to add Halo 5.

otherwise i love MCC. glad it's on PC. well, only Reach ATM.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
It's also important to note that your matchmaking times will be way, way longer if you live somewhere that isn't in North America and Europe.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This didn't need a re-review. This needed a "why we gave a game that was fundamentally broken for years a 9/10 in the first place"

Of course the game is hitting top tier quality levels now, but man, I will never understand why anyone felt it was an almost perfect game at launch.

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
This didn't need a re-review. This needed a "why we gave a game that was fundamentally broken for years a 9/10 in the first place"
139035361828.png

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Of course the game is hitting top tier quality levels now, but man, I will never understand why anyone felt it was an almost perfect game at launch.

The game was reviewed before launch and the issues at launch were not expected.

Deleted member 18944

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game was reviewed before launch and the issues at launch were not expected.

The game was reviewed in a controlled dev environment at a review event by IGN if I remember correctly. The rest of us got our units sent to the offices or home to play and they even told us before launch that we would not be able to play the full multiplayer of all the games aside from the few playtests done with other reviewers that were organized.

And it turns out that reason that happened was because the multiplayer portion of the collection was completely broken.

IGN mentioned that the multiplayer was broken and STILL gave the game a 9/10.

Like, how does that scoring even work? Multiplayer is equally important if not more than the singleplayer.