• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Alright that DT'd Judgment Cut is fucking awesome. The number of enemies on screen is a welcome increase, too.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Hearing Bury the Light during gameplay is doing things to me man. I don't know how to handle these emotions right now.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
What are the visual modes for this again? I dont think I can even play this at 30fps

From what I remember, the RT modes are native 4K 30fps and 1080p 60fps, and the non-RT modes are native 4K 60fps and 1080p 120fps. No idea why they have to quarter the resolution the double the framerate - that might make some sense with RT, but not without.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
So SDT actually is his SDT while regular DT is for his doppelgänger.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely shocked that they are just remaking DMC3 vergil. LIke, I know the animations and even moves will be new, but like...the entire point of seeing action game characters in new games is to have a new move set to play with. Dante got more weapons than Alistair and Ifrit. And even if Beowulf and Gilgamesh were Ifrit inspired, they weren't just "Ifrit again".

The actual game looks good obviously, but come on, give the poor boy something new. He didn't even canonically get to keep those weapons in the actual game that he received them.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, the same weapons and nearly the same moveset from over a decade ago
7JRdVOJ.gif

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Good Idea to make his Devil Trigger only usable by filling up Sin Gauge. That means you can't spam Judgment Cut End in every Encounter

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played a single DMC game but have this preordered so I can play after DeS and Miles. It looks really good.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Looks awesome. Loving the increase in enemies on screen, the action looks as excellent as ever. Would love to get it day 1, but I'm a sucker for Capcom physical releases so I gotta wait just a little longer for it...

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
The enemies are not picked by the reflections? It reduces their impact a bit... But I guess that's needed for 60fps.
Neither Vergil or lighting produced by the slashing effects which is weird as it will means that this RT is not an actual realtime RT but a prebaked solution. Locking all the content to next gen feels weird now.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
I'm genuinely shocked that they are just remaking DMC3 vergil. LIke, I know the animations and even moves will be new, but like...the entire point of seeing action game characters in new games is to have a new move set to play with. Dante got more weapons than Alistair and Ifrit. And even if Beowulf and Gilgamesh were Ifrit inspired, they weren't just "Ifrit again".

The actual game looks good obviously, but come on, give the poor boy something new. He didn't even canonically get to keep those weapons in the actual game that he received them.
No, they're remaking DMC4SE Vergil, who had recieved a fair overhaul. This is more a refined version of that.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Vergil contemplating future life decisions right in front of an enemy.

Savage! Sick Skills!

FORSAKENED, I AM AWAKENED!

Smoking Sexy Style!

I fucking Judgment Nutted.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this dude ever gonna get different weapons lol

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Vergil could get his own campaign. There's plenty they could work with, especially with how the base game ended

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Watched it, and the legendary dark knight mode is probably what I'm going to do. Looks insane :)

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Briefly looking at it looks more or less the same as DMC4, tho not quite as fast and intense (turbo will probably fix that)

Looks fine but I'm glad to wait for the PC DLC for now

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017

They're iterating on DMC4 SE Vergil, which itself iterated on DMC3SE Vergil (and even had a small hint of DmC Vergil in it)

He never really gets any new toys yeah, but he definitely gets new shit to do with them every time he's included.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Devil May Cry Musou mode literally.

Those demons about to having orgy with Vergil in that room, lol.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Neither Vergil or lighting produced by the slashing effects which is weird as it will means that this RT is not an actual realtime RT but a prebaked solution. Locking all the content to next gen feels weird now.

RT includes the ability to select between the number and types of elements that can be displayed as part of reflection. To save on performance, dynamic objects, it seems, fall beyond performance budget here in DMCV.

Oct 25, 2017
Loading times PS5 vs PS4.

I played DMC5 on PC so this PS4 Pro footage is absolutely disgusting. I was already a little annoyed by how many loading screens you have to jump through to get from menu to level and back, but good god this is intolerable. Crazy that Capcom made these UI decisions.

The game still has a 50 second startup time on PS5... Capcom needs to do something about that. Since they won't, this game looks like a prime candidate for the benefits of quick resume.

I'll also be interested to see how raytracing affects the entire rest of the game, because the environment art takes a huge dive after that first stage. If it's just reflections, I'm not even sure where they'll show up. Opting for higher framerate seems like the obvious choice once you've gotten your puddle reflection kicks.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
So if you play without raytracing (dont want 1080p or 30fps) it has actually no improvement over Xbox one x ? It was native 4k60 already ?

DMC5 on One X / PS4 Pro had some drops at 4K. You'd get some graphical improvements too, I suppose.