• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird hearing Max Payne narrate it. Really looking forward to this one. Everything I've seen so far looks fantastic.

Dec 14, 2017
This is one of my most anticipated games next year, but I've decided to go on a blackout for it. Only seen the first 2 or 3 trailers and decided to not see anything until launch. Really like the indoor environments and the architecture so this video is so tempting.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Its all in-game engine footage.

The very first trailer of the game back at E3 in June was all realtime too. We've been wanting just feature the actual, real game even if that limits what we can show.
Awesome! I love everything Remedy, so I will be all over this. Take as much time as y'all need for it to be perfect!

I'll continue my praying for a Alan Wake 4K remaster as a pre-order bonus now #wishfullthinking

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
This game is visually striking as hell. Probably in my top 3 most anticipated for next year, love Remedy.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
When was this game announced? It's pretty rare these days for there to be a AAA-game I've never heard of.

see5harp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To be honest, I've finally gone back to Quantum Break, and some of the effects shit in that game don't even seem possible. It's ridiculous looking. So I'm definitely interested in this.

newgamewhodis

Oct 28, 2017
Brooklyn
Kinda looked like a clicker in the corner there at 0:42.

I didn't really like how expository that trailer was. I was hoping that Remedy wasn't going to try to explain the magic of the House too much. The mystery of Alan Wake drew me to it, whereas the obsession with explaining the intricacies of time travel in Quantum Break pushed me away.

But still, those visuals are something else, huh.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda looked like a clicker in the corner there at 0:42.

I didn't really like how expository that trailer was. I was hoping that Remedy wasn't going to try to explain the magic of the House too much. The mystery of Alan Wake drew me to it, whereas the obsession with explaining the intricacies of time travel in Quantum Break pushed me away.

But still, those visuals are something else, huh.

Well trailer just explained how they found it and what they think it is. We still don't know what caused it and what are consequences for interacting with it.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Ray tracing-based shadows and reflections are all well and good, but the improved global illumination is going to be something else.

Last edited:

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Day one, loved Quantum Break (and all Remedy games). But sure hope this one will have better performance.

vidaisonline

Community Manager at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Feb 2, 2018
thanks for the kind words everyone!

we're gonna be holding a livestream on twitch this evening, so stop by to find out more about the game, what the past year has looked like for control, and to see some in development footage of the game and chat with the devs!

ZglAeG8.jpg

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
This looks so damn good. Whatever Remedy does I'm in day 0.

Also, I didn't know this was a Die hard style setting lol

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
The House of Leaves influences have been talked about all over, but I'm getting a real FEAR vibe from this trailer.

If that was a source of inspiration then I expect good things!

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I was a little worried that the enviroments would be kinda samey but it looks awesome so far,very surreal.
I hope it is a very crazy game,twin peaks levels of nonsensical awesomeness.
Already in my wishlist,just waiting for the release date.
Btw,is this an action horror game?

Last edited:

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Low key one of the best game of 2019, I'm sure of it. Love the atmosphere and this trailer is perfect.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
100% day one for me. Looks absolutely gorgeous and I'll always be happy to play Remedy's sometimes insane output.

And very weird to hear James McCaffrey's voice, but I'll take it!

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Really cool trailer. Saw it on Youtube, then came here. I think this game has a lot of potential.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Wow

Their artists are flexing their creativity with this game and it shows.

Quantum Break looked awesome, but I'm glad that they are tackling some surreal themes with this one.

Budget seems bigger than I was expecting also.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Wait...maybe I just didn't get this from the other footage/trailers, but is this basically SCP: The Game?

MaLDo

Oct 27, 2017
Its all in-game engine footage.

The very first trailer of the game back at E3 in June was all realtime too. We've been wanting just feature the actual, real game even if that limits what we can show.

I will be totally honest:

This looks amazing. AMAZING.

But I'm still disappointed to not be able to play Quantum Break at locked 60 fps even with a high end computer.

Will Control be a game in which you have thought about 60 fps from the beginning or another experience designed around 30 fps?