• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Looks like there's a pretty decent variety of enemies, which is really important for this type of game.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I think I'm just going to accept that this game isn't for me as I already have Destiny and MH World for that. What I really want is another Mass Effect style game from BioWare, which this definitely isn't.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm just going to accept that this game isn't for me as I already have Destiny and MH World for that. What I really want is another Mass Effect style game from BioWare, which this definitely isn't.
The combat feels/looks very mass effect like, but yea this definitely isn't a mass effect seqeul.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Also, why is that radio chatter effect so heavy handed? I hope there's an option to disable that, it's incredibly annoying.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
That last boss fight looked cool especially with the offensive weapons for maximum eye candy explosions.

Looked awesome.

I was trying to pay attention to difficulty a little and every time they switched to a different player they all were very low health and getting harassed by enemies.

I can imagine that the difficulty setting wasn't that high which is a good thing as they have so many different settings for mission replay-ability and loot quality.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is the mission those other youtubers hinted at also as more "challenging' so far we IGN and first and general youtubers had the same missions only uploaded later.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Also, why is that radio chatter effect so heavy handed? I hope there's an option to disable that, it's incredibly annoying.
IIRC on one of the dev streams it was stated that repeat runs of the game's dungeons/missions/whatever will have the chatter reduced, seeing as you already know the story and what to do.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Waiting on a 20+ minute showing of a dungeon on hard or tougher difficulty.

this

i am tired of this run of the mill standard gameplay, i want to see something more exciting which shows strategies or tactics in a hard encounter, what can we expect in this regard?

everything they showed was like standard MMORPG grunts getting destroyed while doing not much. i really hope the higher level stuff requires tactics or good synergies between the team members

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It would be great if they released a video of a team just getting overwhelmed and SMACKED after a bit haha

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I get that part, there's just something about the overall package that does absolutely nothing for me. I wish I could put my finger on it.
I think Anthem is a perfect example of "try the demo and see". I am a lootwhore by nature, so the loot in Anthem and the build possibilities just strikes a cord with me. Ultimately it depends on how good all of that is and if I keep playing it.

Skyw3rd

Oct 30, 2017
The number one thing I was to see about this game is how it runs on a PS4 Pro and not some $3000 computer. Other than that I like everything I see.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
In terms of the enemies, I hope people were saying the same things about Borderlands, most of Destiny's enemies, The Division, and even other loot games like Diablo where most enemies are a complete pushover and typically just stand there or charge at you. The only challenging enemies in these games are the elites and bosses... and the boss in this video looks amazing with so many adds and AoE effects all over the room and weak points that must be hit with some precision to even put a dent in him!

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
IIRC on one of the dev streams it was stated that repeat runs of the game's dungeons/missions/whatever will have the chatter reduced, seeing as you already know the story and what to do.

What I mean is can the "radio effect" be disabled from the start? I don't need ear piercingly terrible radio effect emulation in a future-based TPS.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
People are way too critical of this game, many have already made their mind up that this game is not good. Same trend in every thread, another game which gets panned is Days Gone for some reason.

I think the game looks a lot of fun, I'll buy provided it's not too grindy.

Oct 25, 2017
People are way too critical of this game, many have already made their mind up that this game is not good. Same trend in every thread, another game which gets panned is Days Gone for some reason.

I think the game looks a lot of fun, I'll buy provided it's not too grindy.

This is a GaaS. It will be a massive time sink to get the full experience and I'm skeptical it will be worth the time. Not saying it sucks.

That's the problem with these on-going games designed to be played indefinitely. Most people don't have time to devote to multiple of these at once. You best believe it will be extremely grindy. That's the type of game it is.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, that Ninja robot gameplay is the first time this game has looked like it could be fun to play. The other ones just seem too clunky & boring, from what I've watched. Not that heavier robots can't be fun, but how they've looked like in Anthem has been pretty boring.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
I think I have to admit that my gaming tastes have changed so much that I want more than just walk shoot, walk shoot walk shoot. That footage looked so, so boring.
Is there more to the game than that (asking seriously)?

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I dislike how there were parts when flying down reduced heat, but stopping jets and free-falling doesn't.
So counter intuitive.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
The lore in Destiny has always been interesting, the storytelling and delivery in game of said lore has been trash until forsaken
Idk I thought The taken king's story was pretty cool since it incorporated the raid and it had quests, they did a fine job with forsaken but man it was heartbreaking not to hear nathan fillion again.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Idk I thought The taken king's story was pretty cool since it incorporated the raid and it had quests, they did a fine job with forsaken but man it was heartbreaking not to hear nathan fillion again.

Well yes true enough. Bottom line though bungie haven't been great at delivering story in game for the most time. If BioWare wants to succeed, especially since they are going pve only, they should really double down on story like FFXIV does.

Man yeah really! And to me it was very easy to hear it wasn't him in the role anymore.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah and... yikes. Nothing about this latest footage indicates that they have improved on very mediocre combat design from earlier build.
Looks to have way more depth and variety than pretty much anything else in the looter shooter genre while also playing super smoothly and looking outstanding. We'll see with the demo/full game though. Other loot shooters are limited by their setting in the case of the Division or arbitrary design decisions in the case of Destiny.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that looked pretty good. Zerg rush style enemies and the boss at the end was actually a fairly serious threat.

Oct 25, 2017
I love the idea of this game. mech suit iron man looter shooter, but the actual combat gameplay looks way too close to crappy mass effect combat for me to get super amped about it.

destiny has it's issues, but the reason it works is the combat design is so good.

Ravic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Explosions looks cool and the flying is kind cool. But IDK, something feels generic, can't really put my finger on it.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
For a loot shooter they haven't done very well at showing off interesting and unique loot. They've shown some rather boring UI listing some different equipment, but I'm starting to become concerned about loot.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is the mission those other youtubers hinted at also as more "challenging' so far we IGN and first and general youtubers had the same missions only uploaded later.

Seems to be. In the IGN footage, that's the closest I've seen someone playing come to death.

For a loot shooter they haven't done very well at showing off interesting and unique loot. They've shown some rather boring UI listing some different equipment, but I'm starting to become concerned about loot.

That's another thing. Haven't seen too much for what is seemingly a looty mcshooty. If the pursuit of the lewt ain't there, then that's a pretty big blow to longevity.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is what I was thinking...have those tuber vids come out yet?

Van Bur3n This is a bit pedantic but I saw someone go into a downed state on either Datto's or Arekkz's videos. The streamer revives them, but it's over with little fuss so fairly easy to miss. It was in the very first "easy" mission I think, with only a few enemies in an outdoor area. I assume something weird happened or they got shot while they were in menus or something.

Loot wise - I don't think the loot will be interesting in the way Destiny's is (unique look and affects), I think it will be interesting like Diablo 3's is (unique set bonuses and getting the perfect combination of 4 random perks). I think the cool look and effects will come from cosmetic item drops as opposed to specific gear drops.

IMHO Anthem will be a third person version of Diablo 3, it's not a third person version of Destiny.