• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
why focus on this and not gameplay, content, side quests(will there be ruby and emerald, when, golden saucer, mini games, chocobo breeding.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the whole gaming culture is trash bullshit. You people are on a gaming forum right? So does that make you trash?

Theirs plenty of trash in many aspects of hobbies and whatnot, gaming isn't the sole trash of humanity.

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
We have been knew this. She is has a sporty design now. These guys are thirstbuckets for real. That is why I was so happy when Tifa wasn't revealed yet.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Is this a real thing or more like let's take 3 tweets from nobodies and get some clicks out of it?
It's a big enough thing that multiple articles were written about what was a mistranslation, only for an actual translation to come up but those articles were already fuel for the fire for the "SJW are censoring EVERYTHING" crowd.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
We're talking about the stupidest among the stupid, nobody with an operable amount of intelligence reacted this way

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
FB-IMG-1561061436598.jpg

I know.. I know... never go to 8 chan.... just outlining... gamers are trash.

I am pretty sure that that is joke, a very poor joke but surely a joke. No one is that fucking stupid to call for slaughtering of employees over boob structure augmentation.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"are sports bras even in the lore" is the most hilariously bad contention with a design decision I've ever seen

Vyrak

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It's a big enough thing that multiple articles were written about what was a mistranslation, only for an actual translation to come up but those articles were already fuel for the fire for the "SJW are censoring EVERYTHING" crowd.

Again, you say this but I don't really see much evidence of it. One of the biggest anti-SJW dumbasses on youtube did a video on the remake and he seemed like he couldn't care less.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the whole gaming culture is trash bullshit. You people are on a gaming forum right? So does that make you trash?

Theirs plenty of trash in many aspects of hobbies and whatnot, gaming isn't the sole trash of humanity.
I mean when prominent alt right figures literally target the gaming community for recruitment purposes and ofc the gamergate event and the fact that multiple publishers have to come out each year to talk about toxicity in gaming and their efforts to fight it, then clear there's something about the gaming community that is especially rotten as a result of multiple factors. To quote an excellent OP:
The point is admitting there IS a problem. The point is coming to grips with a cancer that is slowly killing our communities. Problems cannot be actively fixed without first acknowledging a problem exists. Disease cannot be cured without first identifying the underlying cause. To believe otherwise is to live in a state of denial and a passive form of consent for the evil that people commit under the cover of willful ignorance. The first step we all must take is recognizing what shared history brought us to this point and where that point is. No, not all gamers are bad, but we already knew that.

Resetera is literally one of the most hated forums in te gaming community as a direct result of us not tolerating so much of the shit that happens in the gaming community, and yes that includes the "casual/diet" brands of racism, sexism, homophobia (aka people who say the n word and call things gay but they're "not racist/homophobic" cause it was just a heated gaming moment) but even on a site like this, a thread about toxicity in gaming gets filled with posters who openly say that they enjoy toxicity.

Yiepekaiyei

Nov 20, 2017
Brazil

Do you realize this forum is a small percentage of the gaming culture, right? That this is a liberal forum too? Gaming culture is trash outside safe places like resetera. I mean, did you check the old forum? It's full of sexist people now, like the owner

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I see criticism on average gamers being embarrassing, which they are.. but I feel like this inaccurate reporting and translation by websites should also be roasted. This past E3 was rife with bullshit headlines and assumptions.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why people had issue interpreting restrict. That seems perfectly clear. This is pretty silly.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Tifa is still incredibly sexualized so I don't know what they are outraged about. It's just pathetic.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Again, she is still well-endowed up there.

It's hilarious the reactions about her getting toned down. Comically sized boobs would make it a crazy distraction.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"Bras were never explicitly mentioned in the original game so I refuse to acknowledge their existence." Is essentially what they're saying. Wow. By that logic, I guess no one in the FF7 universe wears underwear, or socks.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
People are shit, and I'm baffled

I bet that some people were only excited by the Remake's announcement because of the jiggle physics, I swear to god

Deleted member 47076

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 25, 2018

Well... I think the difference is this forum generally doesn't tolerate the kind of 'gamer culture' that most gaming sites seem to. And I don't think anyone is saying that other hobbies don't have bad communities.

Gaming is very popular, lots of people talk about it on the internet, and it is mostly about controlling/experiencing a fantasy... so inevitably 'gamers' are particular about what they want - sometimes it's pervy like in this case. It's different than something like chess culture.

Oct 26, 2017
People showing their asses by saying Tifa has small breasts now, rofl.

These complaints are incredibly cringeworthy.

Last edited:
The most insane thing about this stupid outrage is that if remake Tifa wasn't wearing a sports bra and her tits looked exactly as these fool imagined they should, all the "fanart" of her would still render her chest about two times bigger anyways.

They're getting mad for no reason.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah her chest size is still -very- generous and a sports bra makes a ton of sense. They did a great job.

Its all so stupid.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean not going to lie, I'd really like to see the textile industry notes in certain JRPGs because I'd like some explanation on how impractical armor/dress for women is.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Okay that petition of free Tifa's breasts, I'm laughing, because its so, so sad.

With all of the stuff going on, sometimes this stuff blows my mind. Oh no the digital boobies, how will we ever cope if they are not depicted in the right way?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It's actually fully embarrassing that this is even a point of conversation for certain types of people.

Unless scientists can figure out how to generate sustainable energy from cringing, y'all need to stop talking about a fictional girl's breasts. My god.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Tifa is still incredibly sexualized so I don't know what they are outraged about. It's just pathetic.
Frankly, I feel like it's a result of internalized flanderization as a result of two decades of fanart and cosplay portraying the character incorrectly. Sorta like how Cloud's flanderization would lead one's first thought about the guy to something along the lines of this him being like this:
Cloud-looks-down-cloud-strife-1899261-550-310.jpg