• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like this deserved its own thread, especially given the sheer number of Easter eggs there are, so many of which myself and presumably many of others will have missed.

The video sort of encapsulates just one of the reasons I think this was such a perfect launch pack-in, not just because it's a fantastic game that is endlessly creative and charming, revolutionary too with the DualSense functionality, but also because it is essentially one giant homage to PlayStation and its history, from the things you collect right through to the Easter eggs and every facet of its level design.

The Easter eggs especially however, as shown in the video, make it seem like a real celebration of the platform.

OP
OP
nib95

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I searched high and low, no Gran Turismo reference... but there is an Omega Boost one. Maybe Kaz didn't want the brand GT referenced after all.

There's a Demon's Souls one IGN missed, where a Maiden in Black bot is levelling up another.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I saw this the other day after my platinum. I am just floored with how much references to PlayStation's history is in this, plus all the Artifacts. I really want a full Astro sequel this gen, that goes all out on PlayStation's history! Such an incredible game.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
It's also missing the Resistance one, even though it's right there in the Killzone clip!

I searched high and low, no Gran Turismo reference... but there is an Omega Boost one. Maybe Kaz didn't want the brand GT referenced after all.

Omega Boost? Really? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Where is it?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

0dVFQBZ.png

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018

I had no idea this game even existed.
Now i'm shocked that Polyphone Digital did something other than Gran Turismo, lmao.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
They show it a few times in the video, but make sure to hit all the bots that are references to other franchises as they all have unique animations once they're hit.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
I actually feel dumb that I played the game went past the majority of these and didn't know what they were despite playing most of the games. After viewing the video everything makes sense.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting to find a Kingdom Hearts reference (maybe a keyblade or something) but I realized they'd probably have to clear it with Disney.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, so the jet that I thought was Warhawk was actually "Air Combat" by Namco? Also, it lists "Bot Racer" as "Moto Racer", but I don't remember seeing EA in the credits. Are we sure about that one? It doesn't really look all that similar, besides just ending in Racer. I've never even heard of that game though, was it a big deal?