• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
This game went from completely no interest at reveal to curious and will play after yesterday's re-reveal. I like how they've built in story elements to an online game. Seems like a neat experiment. One thing Obsidian's people know how to do is write good narratives.

Nov 23, 2018
The environmental and first-person weapon graphics are smooth. Having this available in preview and allowing the community to shape the game and narrative is pretty awesome. Good to see Xbox Game Studios be in a position to utilize Game Preview.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I haven't watched this yet but I have to say that I find it really refreshing that the Youtube comments on the video are all extremely positive, something that almost never happens with gaming videos on Youtube and in general has not really been a thing with this game in general.

I really think this game could really be a big hit especially when Series X and Lockhart come out as a solid family friendly first party co-op game that anybody can enjoy

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
The environmental and first-person weapon graphics are smooth. Having this available in preview and allowing the community to shape the game and narrative is pretty awesome. Good to see Xbox Game Studios be in a position to utilize Game Preview.

Agree. I believe Microsoft has under-used the preview program. I like seeing games developed hand in hand with the community. By putting a game in Preview, it sets better expectations with customers.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested. The robot? Maybe not so much, but everything else seems right down my cat alley.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
To me "graphically" it looks like Sea Of Thieves, Bleeding Edge, Fortnite etc
5daa028e7721ae5d74817a68_dqLNOFNwqI5qonP2gsu1hsZC3zS4fwTtYuHidjGxrbFHesRCUqI6jmPjhTUqVX-OUL60EjwGQIO-V-qSo29hnCDrMn1yDjYkGg5Mgh1av4NzJWSCeSHwVD0NQERjmJ7E1T5yXymM.gif

Mar 11, 2019
From a gameplay side of things this looks like pre-alpha. Otherwise when they further give the game some more time to add the dynamic weather that for example could affect the word/gameplay or make it a bit more action orientated and revamp the current very basic gameplay loop it could be a fun game primary for younger audiances.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
My dream game, a Honey I Shrunk The Kids survival game. It looks amazing. I also think they nailed the art style, it looks like an animated movie.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought this was some kind of preview for The Last of Us 2's new super difficult mode lol

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
From the ten or so minutes I watched, I'm actually quite interested in this.

Does it have NPCs/quests/story, though?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
No offense, but that is one of those criticisms that doesn't really say much, I feel? It's a setting that you rarely ever see used in games, with a more casual and friendly take on what is usually a very hardcore and unforgiving genre. Doesn't sound so bad, no?

What are ya talking about? There's dozens of open world games with backyards!/s

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
That looks...kinda amazing?!

I was def down on it when it was announced (wasting Obsidian's valuable resources), but yesterday's trailer coupled with this extended gameplay really turned me around.

This is looking like Day One material all told.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
This looks kind of cool, I hope the environment is diverese

Now I know what this reminds me off -> subnautica
I don't know why and if it makes sense but it's like that. That reminds me that I still hope subnautica gets fixed on Xbox..

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
The light filtering through the blades of grass when the sun came up looked nice.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
bug smoothies, huh?

I think it looks pretty nice and hope you'll be able to avoid the big red mid-screen "wrong tool for harvest" prompt. I'm also curious if and how they are going to vary/expand the explorable world. Hopefully there's enough variety from the get-go

also lol at that Dark Souls death screen

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I really like the unique setting and the end game of trying to navigate through your own back yard just to get back to your own home! Seems really cool to me.

I just wish it wasn't Early Access etc. I'll just patiently wait until the final release I guess.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not that interested in survival games but the setting looks interesting enough.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Ooo. I was lukewarm on it when they revealed it but after watching the video, I'm liking it more and more.

I like the "Honey, I shrunk the kids" motif.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really like the unique setting and the end game of trying to navigate through your own back yard just to get back to your own home! Seems really cool to me.

I just wish it wasn't Early Access etc. I'll just patiently wait until the final release I guess.
That's what I plan on doing, waiting until final release. I'm not really into survival games, but this looks interesting enough that I plan on trying it, and I want to make sure I get the best impression as possible.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
That question at 2:42 lol. Hadn't really looked at the game previously, seems neat though it's kinda just meeting all my expectations of what a survival game does, also weirdly getting some The Forest vibes from the way it seems to play.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
What's with the "oh yeah" every time you build something?! Please tell me that's not gonna be in the final game.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping the preview would be releasing in spring but eh I'm still interested in the pc version.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
i'm... actually interested in this? not typically into survival games but i love the setting. i'll be willing to give it a go when the full release comes