• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup it's a great podcast, Yipes would be great as a radio host tbh.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Disappointed it's not about the discount grocery store
_GYCFNAi_400x400.jpg

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just listened to the first ep, I love both Yipes and Chris Matrix. But I really don't understand the depth of dislike for Fanatiq using a one button dash in MvC2. Did Fanatiq ever find Yipes/Chris Matrix level tournament success in MvC2? And if not doesn't that kind of prove that it's really not all that big a deal? Didn't players do similar things in SF4 with changing the start button action to be something else to make certain techniques like P-linking easier to do? Is that super frowned upon as well or not really in the same league?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to the first ep, I love both Yipes and Chris Matrix. But I really don't understand the depth of dislike for Fanatiq using a one button dash in MvC2. Did Fanatiq ever find Yipes/Chris Matrix level tournament success in MvC2? And if not doesn't that kind of prove that it's really not all that big a deal? Didn't players do similar things in SF4 with changing the start button action to be something else to make certain techniques like P-linking easier to do is that super frowned upon as well or not really in the same league?
It's just one of those old school fighting game mentalities. Using key inputs like that is tournament legal now if the game allows it.

And Fanatiq was more of a money match monster than a consistent tournament player.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Disappointed it's not about the discount grocery store
_GYCFNAi_400x400.jpg

No Frills was a generic brand sold at Pathmark, a grocery chain in the Tristate area. If you grew up poor in New York, like Yipes and Matrix, you ate No Frills at some point. I know this because I grew up listening to Wu Tang.

"Sugar water was our thing, every meal was No Frill. In the summer, free lunch held us down like steel." - Ghostface Killah

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Just listened to the first ep, I love both Yipes and Chris Matrix. But I really don't understand the depth of dislike for Fanatiq using a one button dash in MvC2. Did Fanatiq ever find Yipes/Chris Matrix level tournament success in MvC2? And if not doesn't that kind of prove that it's really not all that big a deal? Didn't players do similar things in SF4 with changing the start button action to be something else to make certain techniques like P-linking easier to do? Is that super frowned upon as well or not really in the same league?
It's because yipes and co are arcade bred. Therefore that shit is frowned upon/lazy. P-Linking with the start button was also frowned upon but it is what it is.

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
It's just one of those old school fighting game mentalities. Using key inputs like that is tournament legal now if the game allows it.

And Fanatiq was more of a money match monster than a consistent tournament player.

It's because yipes and co are arcade bred. Therefore that shit is frowned upon/lazy. P-Linking with the start button was also frowned upon but it is what it is.

Ahh gotcha gotcha

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Season 2 has been fire so far. Last three eps have been Sanford, Idom, and Shine. All must listens.

The Shine one had me dying laughing today.

The following moments in Shine history were discussed:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I keep forgetti g to update the first post =_=
I will get around to that after work later today

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I've caught a few of their episodes. It has got a real comfy vibe to it.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Is MvC2 regarded as the best in the series?

The way they describe it reminds me of the discourse surrounding the Smash series and Melee.

I enjoyed the game but it seemed crazy imbalanced. I'd day Ultimate was my favorite.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
How am i just hearing about this?! I followed the FGC during the era of MvC3 and SF4 and he's one of the GOAT personalities.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
This podcast is so good. Yipes and Matrix are so charismatic and the stories from most of the guests are so compelling that even if you don't follow the FGC you should listen.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea Yipes had a podcast. Will definitely be giving this a listen just for how fun it is listening to Yipes talk.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is a great listen as someone with 0 knowledge or experience in the scene. Thumbs up

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spooky episode was really good

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Love all the episodes I've listened to so far. Henry Cen's come up was fascinating. Can't wait for Smug to be on this.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was so good. I was laughing my ass off especially during the BBW bit. Continues to be one of my favorite podcasts.