• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
do you feel you would still be able to enjoy the films on the same level?

How different do you feel the experience would be? Do you feel there would be too many plot holes? Lack of character development? Or do you feel it'll still be a well-rounded experience regardless?

Do you have friends or acquaintances that have only done this? What kind of feedback have they given you?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Avengers 1? Yeah sure. Easily.

Age of Ultron? Eh... less so, but still doable.

Infinity War? Probably not, but you could still get some enjoyment.

Endgame? No way.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I would say they're still enjoyable, going by cinama scores and box office success. When you have these last two Avengers films making at least two billion each , they have to appeal to more people than the fans who have seen every movie. I'm not sure how they pulled it off with so many characters and cameos, and having an ambigious Avengers interquel with Captain America Civil War but its really impressive the broad appeal.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
There are a good handful of MCU films I haven't seen, or don't remember very well, and a lot of little things in Endgame went over my head or were things I had to make assumptions about that my friends later confirmed.

Real glad I watched Age of Ultron a week before Endgame lol it put a lot into context

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Same way I'd feel if we went 2 seconds without a new MCU thread here - an empty and joyless existence

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
What I loved the most about endgame is how much the happenings of Civil War and the accords bled EVEN MORE into the early central storyline of the movie. Once again taking a niiice big dump on the people claiming nothing of note or importance happened in CW. Trying to make that claim after IW and EG makes you look like a fool now.

silentg

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
My brother and his partner are huge MCU fans. They're still incredulous I've only seen 4: Iron Man 1 and 2, Guardians 1 and Ant Man 1.

Might catch up over the summer

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
You'll understand the story.. but you'll be missing out on a ton of jokes and character moments

Endgame is a surprisingly character heavy movie

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I really enjoyed the first Iron Man and I adore the GOTG series. Other then that I catch the Avengers.

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but then someone would jump in and compare it to TLJ and then the circle would be complete.

damnit, I'm my own worst enemy.

tenor.gif

OT, I've noticed that while the first two are pretty much fine as standalone experiences, it's when you get to Infinity War that you realize that if you haven't caught up by then, it feels like you're missing something.

Still a lot of fun.