• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Context: Godzilla has been rampaging and breathing fire, USA flies in to bomb his back with MOP 2 bombs in an attempt to take him down. This scene immediately follows as Godzilla screams in pain:

The scene really caught me off guard, I just replayed it over and over

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I remember my coworkers hating this movie and suggesting me that I skipped, but I decided to still watch and and ended up loving it. It's an incredible scene in an incredible movie

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a great scene, but I gotta admit the nerd in me kinda went Squeeeeee when the plan gets in motion or something like that, and the NGE music starts...

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the best ever depictions of the wrath of a kaiju in media. I especially love how Godzilla has to work its way up to the full on atomic breath like someone would revving an engine to life or starting an acetylene torch and just the depiction of the destruction on such an insane an impersonal scale. Just staggering stuff and Anno still has it.

AwareSnake

Oct 27, 2017
I saw Shin Godzilla on its opening day at my local IMAX. I still can't express how epic this scene was when it started. I can't count how many times I've rewatched the film, it is an all time great.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this scene, but otherwise I thought godzilla was the worst part of this movie. I was may more interested in the politics znd government response. Movie was like the opposite of the recent American ones where I wanted all the humans to just magically disappear lol.

Oct 30, 2017
it's a cool scene but i honestly cracked up in the cinema when satomi ishihara solemnly says "godzilla"

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
he does that thing with the lasers out of the back and it's like, 'ok, its almost over' but then he comes back with that laser our of the mouth and the destruction there is absolutely out of control.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing scene from an amazing movie. I love all the NGE music in the movie too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Never seen it. Context for what I'm watching?

tenor.gif

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I need to watch this due to the strong Evangelion vibes alone.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch the whole fucking movie, it's incredible! Why would you restrict yourself to one scene?

Go watch it people!

It's a billion times better than anything America ever produced. Ever. By far. Far and Away.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I liked this scene, but otherwise I thought godzilla was the worst part of this movie. I was may more interested in the politics znd government response. Movie was like the opposite of the recent American ones where I wanted all the humans to just magically disappear lol.

I disagree with your point on Godzilla but regarding your point about how the politics and the humans are more interesting compared to the US movies I also feel the same way but I'm not sure why.

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing scene and I hope it gets put on a streaming service soon. I adore this movie, and becomes incredibly relevant as the years go on, especially last year (and this year still if we're being honest).
But context makes the impact much stronger. How they got there, what makes this Godzilla much more menacing.
One movie i wish i saw in theaters when they had its run here in the states. If they ever put this in theaters again and do a US run I'd be there day one, of course Once we've truly gotten through covid

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Now that Anno has finally wrapped up EVA Rebuild, I reallllly hope he returns for a Shin Godzilla sequel.

That end scene is such a cliffhanger~

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I watched the movie back to back in the theaters because of this scene.

If only we could get the 4k release in the States. So frustrating it's JP only.

megabyte

Oct 25, 2017
I recently started working in emergency management and honestly, I felt like that gave me additional perspective when watching the film - like just a painful understanding of the satirized bureaucracy that is depicted that is sometimes not just satire.

On topic, this scene and score gives me chills every time. I fucking love this movie so much.

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
Idk, Godzilla just looks so dumb, like a sock puppet with googly eyes. I'll get around to watching it someday though.

Heroicpiglet

Avenger
Dec 22, 2017
It's purple, I like purple so this scene gets a pass from me. I can not stand the puppet monsters and paper city style in this film. These styles are from the past, let it die.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that scene in the OP is when I was like "Oh, shit just got real..." The sheer amount of carnage unleashed in like thirty seconds was incredible. Has any other Godzilla movie even come close to that level of complete destruction?

I was way more interested in the politics and government response. Movie was like the opposite of the recent American ones where I wanted all the humans to just magically disappear lol.
I let one of my co-workers borrow this a few years ago and when he returned it, he said "I think this may be my new favorite Godzilla movie." And it was exactly because of how it concentrated on the bureaucratic response.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best Godzilla movie in a long ass time.
EVA music, politics and a monster wrecking chaos because of what humanity has done.