• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
If you work for Google ans you are impacted by their news, you can ne interested by this.

I'll try to add more.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Feels real rough that people are being laid off before even shipping anything. These teams are being laid off not because of any failure, but because higher ups have changed their mind. Entire situation could have been avoided had senior management thought things through before committing to a strategy they'd later abandon.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Glad to see other companies reaching out. Hope those impacted manage to land on their feet as much as possible.

Deleted member 11173

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, at least Microsoft gives something 3 good old fashion attempts before killing a product. (Sorry Microsoft Band, you only got 2)

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Compulsion Games (Montreal)

The Initiative (LA)

Sony Santa Mónica (LA)

inXile (Irvine, California)

Bethesda Game Studios Montreal (Montreal)

All those are hiring and close to the studios Google has closed down.

Jan 4, 2018
Bethesda has a studio in Montreal

jobs.zenimax.com

ZeniMax Jobs

ZeniMax creates and publishes original interactive entertainment content for PC/Mac, previous and next-gen consoles, and mobile devices.

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Sorry to all who are impacted. It's not much, but here are Airship openings

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Feels real rough that people are being laid off before even shipping anything. These teams are being laid off not because of any failure, but because higher ups have changed their mind. Entire situation could have been avoided had senior management thought things through before committing to a strategy they'd later abandon.

Yeah what the fuck is wrong with these people. Just let the devs complete a game. How do you just give up with a project, after less than 2 years. Do these execs have ADHD or something.

Mar 27, 2018
Google really is building quite a reputation for themselves. Since all the employees are already being let go, I dont feel bad in rooting against Stadia. I don't know why anyone in their right mind would pay $60 for a game on their service, when chances are pretty good that they'll lose focus and shut down the entire project in the next 3 years

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Awesome thread love seeing this stuff on social media, best of luck to everyone affected by this and everyone looking for work any reason.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah what the fuck is wrong with these people. Just let the devs complete a game. How do you just give up with a project, after less than 2 years. Do these execs have ADHD or something.
It's Google's Promotion culture. Pitch a cool new product, work on it for a bit, launch, get promoted, fuck off and let the product die. It's bad when it affects me when I get burned on yet another Google product but it's way worse when peoples livelihoods get thrown under the bus.
Don't use Google products.