• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Topics.

• Yeah.

Votes: 62 18.9%
  • No.

Votes: 266 81.1%

• Total voters

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
"I am a cold, calculating person who has put together this group of sinister individuals hellbent on conquering all and destroying the Justice League. Hey folks, can i invite this purely chaotic clown person to our group? He surely will aid us in our PLANS."

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Far more dangerous to not invite him. He'd be crashing the party if he doesn't get an invite.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
6kru1xfiiis31.jpg

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Arguably the best Mark Hamill's Joker laugh.

Also i wouldn't invite the Joker into the group if i were Lex. If he really needs to be in the group, i'd let him run interference and distraction instead of being in with the main plan.

Oct 25, 2017
Far more dangerous to not invite him. He'd be crashing the party if he doesn't get an invite.

That reminds me of this page from Infinite Crisis. The mastermind of the plot opts not to let The Joker in on his plans, fearing he'd be too much of a wild card. When the plans go belly up, Joker catches up to him, and....

6lfrybag.jpg

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I mean Batman has plot armor up the ass because he is just a human so it wouldn't matter if they hired multiple joker's.

I like to believe in a modern day legion of Doom dictated on film, with a competent lex luthor not played by eisenberg, the joker would be excluded. If anything you kill him first so that way he doesn't fuck up your plans in the future.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Refusing Joker will only end up with him involving himself anyway. Rather have him included in some capacity than let him come out of nowhere later

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
A Joker who's in on your plans, but is being a pain is still a better option than a Joker who's mad at you for keeping him out of all the fun. The former can be managed, the latter is a problem.

So plan for the Joker doing something weird, and ask him to join. Better to have him where you can see him, after all.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Joker is a massive wild card

he could do or undo any of your schemes

he is chaos

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
A Joker who's in on your plans, but is being a pain is still a better option than a Joker who's mad at you for keeping him out of all the fun. The former can be managed, the latter is a problem.

So plan for the Joker doing something weird, and ask him to join. Better to have him where you can see him, after all.
Pretty much. He's going to mess up your scheme either way

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
No. Because he is overrated and doesn't add much to a team with Brainiac, Cheetah, Bizarro and so. He is outclassed.
Of course he is popular and that gives him the same "stupity aura" that Batman has when everyone around him turns idiot to make him look good or "wildcard".

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
No you kill him. He's maniacal even by maniacs' standards. He won't work for the greater good of any group. Just have Gorilla Grodd mind control him into leaping off a cliff or something.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's better to have him on your team to keep him busy and under watch than leaving him alone to potentially screw up your plan

Matarick

Nov 11, 2017
Only if Felix Faust can put a spell on him to keep him in line. With an intellect like Lex Luthor, I wouldn't mind have some of Joker's blood or DNA samples to study him. Maybe I can talk shop about chemistry.
Maybe have Joker go to Apokolips to wreck some things and get some sweet tech.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017

Literally the first thing I thought of before clicking thread as well.

Did the Joker just killed Two-Face?

No.

Alexander Luther. Basically an alternate universe version of Lex without going into too much detail. He shut out the Joker from being part of his grand evil scheme while including most other rogues. Basically he worried Joker was a wildcard and couldn't be trusted. Image is from last page of the story and is a sort of surprise ending

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Time and time again it is shown villains will avoid joker. And he doesn't mind unless you offend him, like when the time the literally invited every supervillain but joker for Libra's party.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. And then I kill him, because I'm not dumb enough to allow Joker to roam free.

Even in the most recent Justice League, Lex invited Joker and Joker only stuck around until he got bored.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. And then I kill him, because I'm not dumb enough to allow Joker to roam free.

Even in the most recent Justice League, Lex invited Joker and Joker only stuck around until he got bored.
Well no because that makes Lex less stupid

Joker quit because he had Batman who laughs who is too crazy even for him and Joker for once gives good advice and straight up told him to not trust the dude

Lex didn't just invite Joker he invited Super joker

(TBF he put him in super prison but Snyder made batman who laughs borderline villain sue and characters are aware of it)

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
That reminds me of this page from Infinite Crisis. The mastermind of the plot opts not to let The Joker in on his plans, fearing he'd be too much of a wild card. When the plans go belly up, Joker catches up to him, and....

6lfrybag.jpg

The smart thing to do would have been to kill the Joker when you still had control of pieces as powerful as Prime, Black Adam, Sinestro, and Earth 2 Superman.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
I think you could do whatever and the odds of the Joker taking offense or letting it slide would be even either way. If you're gunning for Bats then Joker would obviously feel some kind of way about that.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Ultrahumanite plus Lex for the brains, Grundy for muscle, The Shade and Cheetah for finesse...Lex already invited Star Sapphire, who is by far the most powerful, and can also be highly unpredictable. If he's watching her, and keeping an eye on Ultrahumanite and Cheetah (Shade being easily controlled with money, and Grundy being predictable), Joker would be both unnecessary and a massive liability. The group already has enough headache potential.

Clancy Brown Luthor anticipates Mark Hamill Joker doing exactly what he did: either ignoring the whole thing, or getting jealous and needing to show up the LoD for underestimating him.

Jesse Eisenberg Luthor would invite any variation of the Joker first, and they'd build the LoD together from the ground up.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just trying to imagine how insufferable it would be to watch Eisenberg's Luthor and Leto's Joker meeting.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
In that particular episode, Joker was the only reason the Legion of Doom even knew Batman was coming. He also ended up being correct that it made more sense to kill Batman immediately than wait and allow him to come up with some kind of plan. Clearly, Joker was more sane than Luthor that day.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
If I was Lex Luthor, I'd probably be arrogant enough to think I could keep him on a leash, and an agent of chaos is very useful when you need to keep the heroes distracted from your important plans.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
As Infinite Crisis showed, I think Luthor knows that Joker is an unpredictable wildcard if he doesn't at least keep a check on him, so he would affiliate with him to a degree.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I would create like a Batman celebratory
Gala to bait the joker out, and as soon as he crashes the party, all the high society guests are actually robots and they blow up killing the joker.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018
You invite him because he'll be pissed if you don't, and because he'll be able to keep Batman occupied. Obviously the most practical choice would be to kill him but that isn't happening.
I get the feeling people seem to not like the Joker much here. Why?
When he's written poorly he's insufferable as a villain. Plus the whole "AGENT OF CHAOS" can just get annoying after a while especially since Joker isn't unpredictable at all. You know he's going to stab everyone in the back, you know he's going to go for the biggest body counts, it's what he does.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
You invite him because he'll be pissed if you don't, and because he'll be able to keep Batman occupied. Obviously the most practical choice would be to kill him but that isn't happening.

When he's written poorly he's insufferable as a villain. Plus the whole "AGENT OF CHAOS" can just get annoying after a while especially since Joker isn't unpredictable at all. You know he's going to stab everyone in the back, you know he's going to go for the biggest body counts, it's what he does.
When do you think the Joker is written poorly and when he is written good?