• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bohex1984

Oct 27, 2017
After a whole day like

HorribleCoordinatedKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It would be like that one reality show where they cancel it after a single episode then forget to actually tell the people involved.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
The Truman Show existed in a time where it was a novel concept. With the ubiquity of cameras you can watch people just live their lives on twitch or youtube pretty easily and you have tons of options. I don't think any Truman Show-type setup would be viable given the production costs.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
what i always found the most interesting was the idea behind editing the Truman show in real time. of course, that's why kristof's character works as such an effective father figure, but i mean the real mechanics of it. making live feeds of an ACTOR living his "real life" into a television show loved by millions would be hard enough, but a guy who doesn't even know he's getting filmed? how do you make that engaging?

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how many times do you think they had to cut away because Truman got fed up and just started jerking off

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
do you like watching someone work at a computer for 8 hours a day? and then play video games and watch movies? lol I don't think I would make it past the pilot

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
As a disabled person it would Maybe be a hit with the "we feel sorry about you" crowd

It would most likely be like a videogame stream but with no pre-schedule time for when or how long I will play and the game could be anything from my backlog, but the other stuff I would be more normal with only workouts and talking with People and some hospitals visit

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Yep, that was the whole point. A TV station adopted a newborn and decided to make a show all about him, right from the beginning, in an idealised world that's nothing like real life.

If I was in that same situation, the show will probably never get cancelled, since I can be a bit oblivious sometimes.
I also think that was sort of the point of the film, too. Truman didn't have a clue until things started to go wrong, the first, of course, being the light that fell.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Dropped due to the network thinking they were given various copies of the exact same episode. Basically, it's Endless Eight all over again.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
No one could watch a show that depressing for more than a couple of minutes. (Unless it's chronic depressive me.)