• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
A Castle, so I can finally be the Scottish Laird that US women see to think I am. y'all got funny ideas about Scottish dudes, I blame Outlander.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Would move to Japan and get a nice penthouse suite kinda place in Tokyo, one in Osaka and some rural country home. I'd get a personal Japanese tutor and live my best life. And buy a Nissan GT-R.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Two unrelated things:
- A gigantic botanical garden with various biomes and different types of gardens
- A three story arcade

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
Invest? In company shares, people, philanthropy, and art. Stuff that gives me a return/keeps me wealthy, and things that help others on a wide scale.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I'd purchase a mall and convert it into a massive recreational sports park, separating skateboarders and BMX riders.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
All major industries and then hand down the ownership to the workers.

... Or an equipped modernized zen style home nestled into some forested mountain.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Easy...a really nice, totally extra mansion/estate/compound. Easily 20 million. Huge grounds, a mini forest, legit wings, 12 bedrooms, 20 bathrooms. Gated, private security. If I had the money, I'd build it myself of course. Need an architectural firm, construction people, overseers to manage the process and make sure all the permits are good. Lots of solar panels and windmills on the grounds (away from the views though). Maybe I'd be able to rely most on non polluting forms of energy?

Private chefs.

First class tickets (I don't like private jets) to all the super nice and tasty restaurants in the world.

Boutique doctors on call.

White shoe law firm on retainer.

A really nice greenhouse on grounds. Well, two or three of them, with different weather sets so I could grow a variety of foods.

A private militia and a private firefighting crew.

A small army to take care of the house and grounds.

Vicuna all the things.

Bespoke clothing. Maybe not a personal designer JUST for myself, but rather a close line to someone who would design and make clothes.

A private beach island outfitted with some bungalows, running water, electricity. Preferably in tropical waters, like maybe Hawaii's climate. Elimination of all mosquitos and biting bugs/animals on said island. A healthy artificial reef (if necessary) and a thriving tropical sea life population.

Lots of education. No need to get degrees, but would probably try and take any class I wanted at a decent state school. UCI, UCLA, UCB, UCSD. Audit them if necessary, and just take the classes I wanted for the hell of it.

An army of private tutors for myself and my children.

I've always said to myself that if I was mega rich I'd build some climate change bunker out in rural New Zealand, stocked with so much fucking rice and beans and other food that should hopefully last. And then, near that bunker, I'd have a sick evil villain-esk mansion perked over a cliff.
Like this shit:
SE0XdaEg9vuwfhzyxTYrIfO3vt1_yY3B50ZF2lBOI5Q.jpg

Can you imagine?

one good earthquake...

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Buy out the pinball hall of fame and move it to Toronto.

12132396_web1_PINBALL-JUL31-18_RB_002.jpg

I will also be getting a big multi floor building made to house them all in with decent spacing around each table. Still would let the place be public, I'm not evil. :)

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
I would buy all the confederate statues just to smelt them. Then use the metal to build an actual iron giant.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Buy out the pinball hall of fame and move it to Toronto.

12132396_web1_PINBALL-JUL31-18_RB_002.jpg

I will also be getting a big multi floor building made to house them all in with decent spacing around each table. Still would let the place be public, I'm not evil. :)

I've always told my wife that if we won a huge jackpot, I'd open a barcade just for fun. All the games would be free and sell drinks at cost.

AppleBlade

Nov 15, 2017
Connecticut
The Knicks and the Jets and try my best to deliver championships to my tortured teams.

I'd also buy Sega and make a comeback to hardware with a system that bridges the gap between PS5/XSX and Switch.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i want one of those old-person bathtubs that you just sit upright in

b1cb8528fbfc9cce32ffe41c110bcb66.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Something shitty I'd like to do is buy a bunch of gold in an MMO and crash a certain market of items in-game. Just to see how far I can go. Make everything extremely cheap, etc.

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I've always told my wife that if we won a huge jackpot, I'd open a barcade just for fun. All the games would be free and sell drinks at cost.
Yeah barcades are always fun but of the few local ones I wish the machines had somewhat better upkeep on them. :( There use to be a pinball cafe here in toronto that really took care of their machines but sadly couldn't make the business work as a cafe. =/

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly I would find a small neighborhood and just start upgrading houses with all sorts of energy efficient ways, solar panels, insulations, efficient appliances and see how efficient I could make a small subdivision

Metalmucil

Aug 17, 2019
I would spend SO much money hooking my favorite underground/defunct bands up with expensive studio time just so they could make amazing albums no one would buy but me.

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'd start several companies and present myself as a tech visionary, paving the way towards a glorious future for humanity.

I'd buy whatever politicians I needed to buy to make this happen, construct factories with massive taxpayer subsidies or virtually tax-free, and produce iterative products that look really cool while little dudes on the internet sing my praises and brag about their stock. I'd present myself as a Visionary dragging a recalcitrant humanity into the future and my products as the necessary stepping stones to deliver them the stars.

At the end of all of this, in 25 years or so, I would invite prominent politicians, statesmen, and celebrities to a massive multi-day celebration of humanity, arts, and science before I reveal the culmination of my life's work to the world:

I'd decloak a giant laser, hit a button on my phone, and carve my name on the Moon.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Various arcade cabinets. ITG2, Soul Calibur 3 AE, Third Strike, Puzzle Fighter II, Tetris the Grand Master 3, IIDX.