• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, is it limited to just the base game? Or can I mod it? if mods are allowed definitely Minecraft, it has so many different games within it. If not probably something like Stardew Valley or Civ, I can replay them a lot, but I'd eventually stop playing games sooner rather than later. The longest I've ever stuck to a single game was probably 8 months with Black Ops 1, not liked a CoD MP since either.

AshGambit

Sep 4, 2019
Rocket League, no question. It already stops me from playing other games I want to play as it is...

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Angband.

9f31f6cae4b17c09843ef74455f4944a.jpeg

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Satisfactory. Even better if I can make my own mods for it. 300 hour shift in early access so far... and I'm not happy with ANY of my factories.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
World of Warcraft, since they release new expansion every 2 years. Also I like both PVE and PVP, so there's a lot to do

Kehaan

Feb 27, 2019
Danmark
I would go with Minecraft. There is always many modpacks that does something new, so the game will feel fresh again.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Football Manager. Maybe something like Civilization VI, Xcom, Crusaders Kings 2, Skyrim or Stellaris.

Something highly repayable with the possibility to easily create a narrative.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Final Fantasy XIV. I'm already getting there anyway. I've completely neglected all of the other games I bought since Shadowbringers launched. Managed to squeeze in a playthough of one route in Fire Emblem when I had no internet for a week, but have otherwise played nothing but XIV for the last two months.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
To the people saying Dreams, what if this scenario applied to everyone; would that limit of people who can create content, combined with people who can create content on Dreams as their sole game, be limited due to the fact that they can't go back and play older games, or play new ones at all, for inspiration?

Like, in this scenario, Dreams would be full of games made by people who can't play other games.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming servers/population are plentiful...

FFXI without a doubt. Like, not even a tiny bit of doubt.

Oct 30, 2017
destiny 2.

which is also why i don't really play destiny 2 any more!

Chronus

Nov 2, 2017
If I can get access to mods, user content and map editors, probably Doom 2. You'll have content that lasts for multiple lifetimes.
If it's vanilla content only, most likely World of Warcraft.