• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
I really love my job, so I wouldn't stop doing it. Once I hit 40 or so I'd buy our dream home in New Zealand, but I would absolutely keep working.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
At least five years, probably.

Having a lot of money probably makes working easier anyway, because you know you can quit at any time and it's not an issue.

Oct 27, 2017
5 years min - 10 years max.

Invest a solid chunk of it to generate generational wealth, and then fuck around with side projects for the rest of my life.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Can I quit, take a little time to look for a job, then get another one? Or does it have to be continuous employment?

I mean, I'd probably stay at my current job and pay them to change my job desription to something less stressful but still being around people I like (also working from home most of the time).

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
So I get $5m and I get to move my job from part to full time? I'd work for years because I love what I do. I just wish I could make it full time. Then I'd donate 4 of the 5 mil a year to local schools.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Five million??? One year would probably be enough. I'm not sure even sure i could spend half of that in my lifetime.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
work for a year, put money into some kind of investment portfolio, and live off the interest

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
If I was earning $5M a year doing whatever I wanted for work, I would probably keep working for a long time - because I'd be able to do something low-stress that I am passionate about, rather than being stuck working a job I hate for very little pay.

yeah pretty much. That said, I would guess that i would work for a couple of years and start investing in real estate / investments and start generating passive income asap

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'd probably work seven to ten years, then retire to travel with the husband and to raise my children.

No clue what I'd do.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably go for about 5 years; if I were really motivated, I'd shoot for 10.

Even 5 years should ensure I have enough money for my loved ones to take it easy and it would allow me to do some major traveling while I'm still young.

Jun 24, 2019
With that kind of money I'd work for 5 years and during that period, run a side business to make more money.

With the accumulation made I'd invest, donate to charity, fund science and travel around the world. Live a comfortable life.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I love my job, so I would do it until I die unless something else more exiting comes along and I am already wanting to do that for the 45k euro a year I earn now, so I would gladly take a 5 mil a year and invest a little bit of it into projects or donate most of it to people far more deserving of it than I am.

cubicle47b

Aug 9, 2019
Probably 3 years. After taxes and living off 3-4% per year that should be around $225K-$300K a year. That's more than enough to do basically anything you want (within reason).

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'd work forever given those conditions. If only to be able to donate the funds I don't invest or need into worthy charitable causes.

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
imma work and actually hire people because indie dev is fun but soulcrushing sometimes

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably work for as long as I could.

Even if I get more than I need myself, I could use the money to help others.

I don't really mind working as long as it's not in some hellhole. I'm okay with my current place. I suspect I'd get bored out of my mind if I retired too early anyway.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
...ANY job i want ?
damn i would work a long time then xD

I don't NEED more than 1 year (hell, with the dollar to platymoneys conversion i would be fine with less than 3 months) but fuck, i would work full time much more

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like my job and it doesn't require me to work crazy hours. I like my boss and I get satisfaction from the results of my work at the end of the day. I don't see myself stopping for quite some time. Maybe I'd retire at 50 or something.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Full time job? I take my old arcade job back for 5 mill

Work there til i say time to travel the world all year long