• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What kind of trivial side-character would you be?

• Humble townsperson

• Curmudgeony guard

• Eclectic salesperson

• Foreboding foreshadower

• The fan-favorite recurring character

Results are only viewable after voting.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
"Got some rare things on sale, stranger!"

"Heh heh heh... Thank you!"

"Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!"

Deleted member 37739

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 8, 2018
A malfunctioning robot that hangs around save points:

"You know last time I used that one, it corrupted my data."

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
If you see a girl with long hair, Run. Don't ask questions; Just. Run.

Something that would seem completely random and make it sound like a big threat is coming up even though it likely won't happen.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
c1c.jpg

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
"Why is it so fucking cold?"

Probably my catch phrase at this point.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
'Do you get to the cliud district very often...oh...what am i saying, of course you dont'

Or just simply

'Fuck off poindexter'

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Let's say I was a working man in the game, being busy with my craft like a blacksmith. The player interacts with me to browse my wares and services, without buying anything. "You are leaving, but the interruption is staying right here with me"

Last edited:

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
Let's be honest: our generation would be represented by NPCs completely ignoring the player character because they're focused on their smartphones

dtamago

Feb 1, 2019
"and remember kid, if you don't make fun of your depression, you are not making it functional."

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
"A man who has never eaten his daily bread in sorrow, has never tasted real life."

From the mouth of the village elder, left surveying the remains of his war torn village, with melancholy in his eyes.

Painguy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
California
"̵͉̞͍̝̜̇̌̊́̈́̀̿̀́̉.̵̛̛̪̩̳̥̳͉̗͉͍̭̜͙̮͓̈̐.̷̨̠͇̝͇̒̆͛.̷̭̘̺͛̅̿͛̂̇̒͌͊͝ļ̶̡̛̛̝̭̞̫̈̈́̉̽̃͊̿̾͐̌̒͝ǒ̴̧͗͂͊̎ǫ̴̙̫̳̝͎͓̦̤̅̽̈́͊̓͆k̷̮̦͙̳͚̗̘͓̼̍̊̄́̄̉̄́̿s̵̢̲͍̘̘̩͇͐̾̐̈̃͗̈́͊͛͗̕͘͜͠ ̸̨͙̹̺̼͑̈͊̋͋͠ͅl̸͕̓̏̍̑̓̿̐̐̈̕͝ͅi̸̢̨̘͈̼̳̖̗͔͉͉̘͈̼̔͌͐̓͗̉͆͂́̚̚͜͝͝k̷̢̜̦͓̣̙̑͆̿͠ȩ̷͚̣͚̼͉̬̮̜̼̭͓͊̔͋̅͠ͅ ̵̨̢̛͚̘̙̞̣̀́̈͐̉̔̚ͅh̶̻̳̤̼̥̘͎̊ͅḛ̶̰̺̀̓̉̌͗͆͑͋͊̂̚͜'̵̘̯͆̍̋͂̍̓͐̅̓̓̓̿͊̆͠ͅs̵̜͕̈͑̌̽͌̋͐͆͘ ̵̧̡̩͇̹̘̈́ͅḑ̴̟̹̮̱̻̘̃̆̾̇̽̆̆̈͌̎̚͝e̵̡̡̜̫̫͚͍͓̙͓̞͖͂̾͊̓̀̑̎̚͜a̴̢͚͔̬̝͇̥̤͙͖̬̍͑̿͑͛́̒̽͐͘͝ḓ̴̼̩̠̀͌̏̊̄̈̽̾̽̋̈́̚͠͠͝"̶̢̡͔͙̞̥͔̦͙̰̿̍̎̽̏́

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
Early game
"Do you see that mountain? You can't go there, at least you shouldn't."

Mid game
"Ah, I see you caught a mountain frog. Here, take this." *hands over a small hair dryer*

Mid game after hero triggers above
"I don't have any more hair dryers."

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
My one liner:

"Hey! Did you ever get to check out that old barn house in the back? Yeah, heard that place has some hidden secrets."

Second batch of favorites
OP
OP
Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
TissueBox has a knack for this:
"Last night, I heard some creepy noises coming from the woods. It sounded like a really sinister snarl... or maybe it was just my husband snoring."
"Don't forget to save your game whenever you see one of those sparkly lights. You'll usually find them in front of towns, dungeons, or before a big confrontation. By the way, I'm 6 years old."

If you see a girl with long hair, Run. Don't ask questions; Just. Run.

Something that would seem completely random and make it sound like a big threat is coming up even though it likely won't happen.
*In Russian* You've been hearing stories of the man with one eye? Someone who survived says that he has a horn in his head, and fights like a man possessed by a demon.
Let's be honest: our generation would be represented by NPCs completely ignoring the player character because they're focused on their smartphones
"Sorry, I only chat with people on my friends list."
"and remember kid, if you don't make fun of your depression, you are not making it functional."
"I'm sitting here by the woods waiting for a stray cat to adopt me. I hope it likes pets!"
"A man who has never eaten his daily bread in sorrow, has never tasted real life."

From the mouth of the village elder, left surveying the remains of his war torn village, with melancholy in his eyes.
"To get to West City, head north past South City from here."

I like this one because you can definitely tell that this is an off-beat RPG like Mother. I like the ones that specifically evoke a certain style or genre just with the dialog.
Early game
"Do you see that mountain? You can't go there, at least you shouldn't."

Mid game
"Ah, I see you caught a mountain frog. Here, take this." *hands over a small hair dryer*

Mid game after hero triggers above
"I don't have any more hair dryers."