• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations, you're a member of the Jedi Order. That means you can use The Force; Get a sweet lightsaber; And, that's right, you're very own personal life coach who will determine your ultimate upbringing and advancement within the Order and whom you will call Master. Of course, getting the wrong master can lead to dire consequences up to and including:
Your Master causing you turn to the Dark Side; Your Master turning to the Dark Side themselves; Or your Master just displaying a callous disregard for your life because, "all is as The Force wills it." So if you get trapped in an underground cave, they may not try too hard to rescue you.

For me, while I love me some Luke Skywalker, he doesn't seem like the best teacher. And Yoda just feels like a dude to stuck up, you'll ask him for some extra rations and he'll likely go off on some condescending "wise" speech about how hunger is all just an illusion while you're still sitting their hungry. And Obi-Wan is like being raised by your older brother. I think I'd personally go with Master Plo Koon.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dude just seems like a perfect balance of a Jedi who gave a shit about others and their emotions, but also was stern enough of a role model to not just acquiesce to your every demand and essentially try to be your best friend or brother. Sure, maybe Qui-Gonn would be the next natural pick, but seeing how Obi-Wan applied his teachings is a mark against him. Also, he never freed Schmi when he had the chance, so fuck that Space Hippie.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Qui-Gon seems to have a pretty good balance between individual action and working within the system, plus judging by Obi-Wan's comments it wouldn't be boring.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Jolee bindo because he's a decent fighter, but doesn't have time for pretentious jedi order bullshit. I believe he would be a reluctant but insightful master.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough, Ahsoka Tano or Anakin Skywalker.

Every other major jedi in the films is so blindly adherant to the religion of the light side of the force, they ignore the suffering in the galaxy that they were supposed to protect, and lost connection with the force that would allow them to sense something going wrong - which Anakin (and through his teachings, Ahsoka) was still able to sense, and if the other jedi had recognized it, it could have been shockingly easy to pull Anakin back from the dark side in episode 2 and early 3, but the jedi are a prideful bunch, so that was never really an option. Sure, the prequel trilogy was terribly written and that Anakin was gross, but going off of his clone wars iteration and the bits we get from the original trilogy... yeah, that'd be better.

OP
OP
BossAttack

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Oddly enough, Ahsoka Tano or Anakin Skywalker.

Every other major jedi in the films is so blindly adherant to the religion of the light side of the force, they ignore the suffering in the galaxy that they were supposed to protect, and lost connection with the force that would allow them to sense something going wrong - which Anakin (and through his teachings, Ahsoka) was still able to sense, and if the other jedi had recognized it, it could have been shockingly easy to pull Anakin back from the dark side in episode 2 and early 3, but the jedi are a prideful bunch, so that was never really an option. Sure, the prequel trilogy was terribly written and that Anakin was gross, but going off of his clone wars iteration and the bits we get from the original trilogy... yeah, that'd be better.

The Jedi are supposed to protect the Republic, not the entire galaxy. Imposing their will on the entire galaxy is what leads to fascism. Not that the prequel Jedi didn't need reforming, but Anakin was the extreme end and wrong.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Depa Billaba shows up in like, a handful of issues of the Kanan comic as his master during his padawan days, but she's the best. The perfect balance of self-sacrificing and self-aware. Very candid, even with him as a kid, and pretty unorthodox for a Jedi. Knows that getting so entangled in the Clone Wars was a mistake, she's just too late (and lacks any influence) to do anything about it. Like an Anakin without the turning-evil-and-killing-a-bunch-of-kids.

CMOxS4i.jpg

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
light-of-republic-cover-2.jpg

Everything about Avar Kriss so far would make me want to learn from her. Her connection the Force is incredible & I feel like she's the type of person who gets her point across with a simple glance & it's understood she is in control of the situation. Think it'd be fun as her Padawan. She a calm, quiet presence about her that lets you know not to cross her.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a typical response but Qui-Gon. He's probably the most balanced and isn't afraid to see through some of the bullshit of the council

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'd just stay at home and look up Youtube tutorials on how to do Force shit. I can't afford to get into Padawan loan debt.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anakin seems pretty cool. I'm slowly making my way through clone wars and him and Ashoka are fun.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm forgetting someone major and obvious, but probably Qui-Gon. While Qui-Gon appears superficially stearn, it's obvious that he has deep affection for people and for lesser creatures. While movie reviewers have pointed out his obvious flaws, I still feel the most personal connection to him. You could tell young Anakin immediately trusted Qui-Gon, and there's good reason. When the whole council rejected Anakin, Qui-Gon stands up for him and says he'll be his master. That's the thing about people like Mace Windu, or Yoda, or young Obi-Wan, you get the sense they wouldn't have your back and stand up for you. But despite facing punishment for insubordination, Qui-Gon stood up to the council and declared he'd be Anakin's master no matter what.

Now the thing about Obi-Wan is that everyone just immediately envisions prequel Obi-Wan as their master. But what about old Obi-Wan from A New Hope? Old Obi-Wan had warmth and humanity that young Obi-Wan didn't. Young Obi-Wan was just uptight, strict, would abandon you for the sake of sticking to the rules, and was prone to poor decisions. But old Obi-Wan was quite the opposite, and could be an okay master.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'd quit the Jedi basically as soon as I am able. I don't need any of their bullshit.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Plo Koon is probably the best you can get from a traditional Jedi. Kind, patient, willing to admit his own faults.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Kyle Katarn. Dude seemed chill enough to be a decent enough Jedi master whilst being more down-to-Earth unlike some of those stuck-up, holier than thou arseholes. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Obi-Wan

Kyle Katarn.
When an enemy is out of range of a lightsaber, he isn't out of range of a blaster.

Also, he would probably drink natty lite. fuckin' kyle.

This poster knows what's up.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
Qui-Gon seems the most chill and would be cool with bending the rules. And he seemed ahead of the curve in what the Order and being a Jedi should be.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
Ahsoka Tano or Kit Fisto.

Ahsoka would be just a genuinely good master with unique perspective from not being a Jedi anymore.

And well, Kit you just know would be a little reckless...and not adverse to a cantina visit or two.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The Jedi are supposed to protect the Republic, not the entire galaxy. Imposing their will on the entire galaxy is what leads to fascism. Not that the prequel Jedi didn't need reforming, but Anakin was the extreme end and wrong.
But you said fuck Qui-Gonn for not imposing will.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Anakin seems like the most fun and the least dogmatic though you'd have to deal with the casual war crimes. So probably Ahsoka.

This scene displays it well.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Legends Luke would be a fair bet, but Luke post ROTJ and before he uh got real fuckin' depressing (so, think Mandalorian Luke) ain't a raw deal.

While he might not have experience teaching, you got a guy eager to pass on knowledge, he is probably the top dog of the remaining force users we know about at that era and at that point in his life the most connected he's ever been to the force as he's in his knight errant quest to restore the Jedi order, so just by osmosis and tagging alpng you could pick up sone real spiritual chops

Plus, at that point he's far from infallible because he's Luke so seeing him inevitably fuck up humbles you