• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BuddyJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The power to make people feel the psychological damage they give others.

Or make people feel more empathetic.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The ability to alter probability to whatever degree I wish, and nothing else.

Wouldnt altering probability to whatever degree you want just be an equivocation of Omega level reality manipulation.
You could alter the probability of anything to be 100% so the chance of all the pigs in the world suddenly growing wings and being master pilots would be 100% as such it would be so.

I always liked Bishops power of taking hits and converting that into other forms of energy. And Sebastian Shaw has a similar power. Wonder if that would be considered omega level. Also, now I'm wondering who would win a fight, Bishop or Shaw.

As both of them arent Omega Level them fighting each other would lead to one overloading....who overloads first loses.
They cant absorb unlimited amounts of energy.

On Topic

Teleportation.
Not Omega level but hella convenient.
5ZRtejW.gif

Secondary Mutation - Mynd zy

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I think it would be cool to have psionic powers that are intrinsically connected to emotion/empathy. I've seen characters where emotion/empathy can inspire them or make them stronger, like Eleven in Stranger Things, but it isn't entirely dependent on the subjective experience of those states. River Tam of Firefly maybe? Dr. Manhattan?

Like, if you're angry, you could make fire, and when you're happy you can make water/light -- but can't do those things when those emotional states aren't being experienced. Or be able to see/perceive strong emotions in others, and (with consent) be able to tap into it and utilize it for different effects. Like channelling the emotions of a lot of folks at once could move mountains or create pocket dimensions or reverse time or some shit.

Basically if emotional labor/energy was a superpower.

I'd imagine that the way it's expressed would be heavily dependent on one's personal/cultural symbolisms -- people from different cohorts (age, class, gender, ethnicity, etc) might have very different manifestations for similar emotions. I think the expression of one's powers could also change over time as their feelings and associations change over time as well, influenced by the world around them and how they've navigated it up to that point.

In theory someone could do practically anything with these abilities, but since no one has omniscient self-awareness and omnipotent self-control, it's an unlikely scenario at best. The power is given its shape by the limits of your being a human self, like light passing through a lens.

Much like casting your first patronus in Harry Potter, you might have a pretty good hunch what it'll be, but you don't know exactly what form it'll take ahead of time. Using this power involves an element of faith that you know who you are in any given moment, or that you have intimate trust in the people around you, or that you've made peace with possibly fucking a whole lot of shit up. Maybe all three.

Like, anger to me post-2016 is different than it was before, so the psionic manifestation of it would also have changed. Or maybe it became easier to tap into hate and fear, while inter-/intrapersonal reservoirs of hope and justice seem fewer and farther between.

The kryptonite for this power would probably be stuff like getting tranked with xanax/lithium/etc, getting emotionally burned out all the time, being easily manipulated because one's emotions are on full display when using one's powers, and a consistent desire to go full troglodyte a la Luke Skywalker at Ahch-to.

If I had powers like this I'd probably try to sink an egregious ton of discipline into mindfulness and meditation. I'd get a therapist and a cat, obviously. I'd make my home into a mental health bomb shelter of sorts. I'd keep my social circle pruned and tended like a fuckin' bonsai tree. I'd smoke a bunch of weed, exercise/get outside a lot. Garden. Live as chill and low-key as possible in-between periods of intense focus and complex interpersonal interactions and harrowing life choices.

...which is pretty much how I already live in a nutshell, lol. Give yourself fantasy superhero levels of self-care whenever possible. :)

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I don't remember Dani Moonstar labeled as an Omega-level mutant, so hers. Her ability to psionically project the fears or desires of her targets is pretty useful (and broken). I also wouldn't mind acquiring her gifted Valkyrie powers to round things up.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Again, ANY power can technically be Omega level....it's a designation of power potential, not the type or nature of the power itself....for example, tou can be a low level telepath (Sage)...high level Alpha telepath (Xavier)...or Omega (Jean)

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Generic: Prehensile tail and/or feet. Plenty of times I wished for an extra hand and my balance is good enough to pull it off without any mutant enhancement.

Non-Omega: Telepathy, just the ability to read minds not implant thoughts

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

No it isn't. Empath can do this and he's nowhere near omega. Also, what is the point of asking what powers someone would want, telling them to be honest but then adding boundaries?

Anyway, I would go with: Teleportation, regeneration, phasing and total obfuscation (think invisibility that also cannot be picked up by electronic devices and also allows you to remain completely silent while in motion). If I could only pick one, then likely regeneration. This would allow me to live, and learn a lot longer than average and also allow me to take way more risks on activities that I would never dare in real life.

Last edited:

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Based on my current physical traits I'd be similar to Bakugo from MHA I think - excessive sweating that has some sort of explosive or chemical property I could harness.

That or just something really lame like being able to raise the temperature around me by 4 degrees Fahrenheit or something. Nothing useful, but still enough to have the Sentinels gun me down.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Teleportation or the ability to phase through objects, assuming safeguards that prevent me from being bifurcated by a wall.

Any sort of space manipulation really, my favorite category of abilities in fiction.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I want to be Mystique basically. Be anyone, live longer, heal faster.
(Not the gross scaley movie version though)

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Healing would be nice, as long as I could also use it on myself and it worked on genetic shit.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The ability to flatten myself down to nearly impossible to measure and/or percieve sizes.
I wouldn't be very useful in battle but I would be indispensible in recon or stealth.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
First option: Teleportation.
Second option: Transforming abilities, like those T-1000 has. It would be cool to turn my hands into tiny pliers or any kind of screwdriver i need to work on my electronic projects.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I'd want to be able to absorb matter through one hand and accelerate it by burning energy from my body, and then expell that matter from my other hand intact. So like, pick up a ball bearing, burn some fat stores, and then fire it like a gauss rifle out the other hand stupid fast.

HeavenlyOne

The Fallen
Nov 30, 2017
Your heart
I'd like to ability to shape-shift. I'd be able to modify myself to fit my ideal image and stop aging.

Same. I don't want the illusory type where you have a true form, I want to be able to permanently change my form at any time.

If that's too powerful, then I'll go with telekinesis and levitation, so I'd never had to come into contact with any surface in a public toilet.

Also, a super dong.

User: LakeEarth
Codename: Macro
Power: Possesses an indestructible, 6 metre long macro-phallus. Can be used as a whip, demoralizing both enemies and allies.

Paertan

Oct 28, 2017
I would want healing. Myself and others. And I want to be able to use it even when I am not really hurt and draw energy from myself. Like eat a lot of chocolate. And "heal" myself and burn the calories. (got the idea from a book where a mage does that)

Poyunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All the standard ones have been said like teleportation or power absorption.

So I'll do the one I always thought of as a kid. The ability to pull fictional characters into reality and insert real people into fiction.

Your choice if the fictional characters retain their powers or not.

OP
OP
Zombine

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
All the standard ones have been said like teleportation or power absorption.

So I'll do the one I always thought of as a kid. The ability to pull fictional characters into reality and insert real people into fiction.

Your choice if the fictional characters retain their powers or not.

This is dope af

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The power to make people feel the psychological damage they give others.

Some people are well beyond saving and even the penance stare will do nothing.
main-qimg-b7908d5ad105ea53fc4b1e7d2f9b7388

Forge

Hes broken and not even Omega level.

Not really that broken.
He can figure out how things (technology) works or should work.
Its a good power when tied to a genius who likes technology.

But if you are pretty slow, its just going to fuck with you.....youll see the answers in every piece of technology but never be able to actually make anything.
His genius intellect isnt part of his mutation, its the tech intuition thats a mutation.

But indeed in our universe it would be a hell of a power to have.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'd want it to be telepathy or something cool.

It would really be an abnormally hairy ass.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are well beyond saving and even the penance stare will do nothing.
main-qimg-b7908d5ad105ea53fc4b1e7d2f9b7388

Not really that broken.
He can figure out how things (technology) works or should work.
Its a good power when tied to a genius who likes technology.

But if you are pretty slow, its just going to fuck with you.....youll see the answers in every piece of technology but never be able to actually make anything.
His genius intellect isnt part of his mutation, its the tech intuition thats a mutation.

But indeed in our universe it would be a hell of a power to have.
So when Xavier asked him to upgrade cerebro to back up anybody who died on the X-men. That had nothing to do with his mutation?

POX-5-spoilers-1.jpg

Nah chill. That shit is broken.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Mystique

Shape-shifting would allow a total freedom from the constrictive gender norms. There would be no problems with hair loss or weight gain either, or any physical issues one might have. Not to mention, a prolonged life and healing factor. The latter would cure the nerve damage I have, and probably come handy on hangover days. Hell, I wouldn't even have to shave on a regular basis, as I could just transform into a shaved self in the morning. On top of all those, no need to worry what to wear, just go naked and imagine whatever you want on yourself.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I would really like the ability to teleport. It would change so much.

Invisibility would also be nice, but it wouldn't wildly change my life as much.

Akira or Chronicle-like Telekinesis would also be great.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So when Xavier asked him to upgrade cerebro to back up anybody who died on the X-men. That had nothing to do with his mutation?

POX-5-spoilers-1.jpg

Nah chill. That shit is broken.

I never said that?
Did his Tech Intuition help him figure out how to upgrade Cerebro? Absolutely. Was it the only reason he was able? No.
We know Forge is already smart as fuck tis why power blockers dont affect him nearly as much as they do other members of the Xmen, he would still fuck you up cuz hes just smart..........really the mutation just helps him along. He still isnt at Stark or Reed Richards level even with the mutation.

The power alone isnt broken but giving it to someone who likes technology and is already a genius makes it super powerful.

The power alone when asked to upgrade Cerebro would have done nothing his intuition would have given the person an idea of what it does but he would need to actually already be clever to figure out how it works and how to upgrade it.

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
Not a mutant ability, but whatever the hell John Constantine can do. So Scarlet Witch?

Last edited: