• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The level of shitty grammar and poor wording in NeoGAF titles / discussion recently makes me wonder about all of you,

FFS:

"If you want an excuse to call out sick of work, drink this Baskin Robbins Shake"

should be re-written as such:

"If you want an excuse to call in sick to work, drink this Baskin Robbins Shake"

The word usage is "in" and "to", not "out" and "of", get it right if you are going to speak English in a proper manner. There are thousands of these examples recently and I worry that you all are doing too many drugs and hitting record levels of stupidity.

You could of been nicer with your post you know. but dont bother responding, I could care less anyway

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
They should make you sign a waiver that you understand it is utter overkill and will probably harm your wellbeing :')

Real

Oct 28, 2017
The level of shitty grammar and poor wording in NeoGAF titles / discussion recently makes me wonder about all of you,

FFS:

"If you want an excuse to call out sick of work, drink this Baskin Robbins Shake"

"If you want an excuse to call in sick to work, drink this Baskin Robbins Shake"

The word usage is "in" and "to", not "out" and "of", get it right if you are going to speak English in a proper manner. There are thousands of these examples recently and I worry that you all are doing too many drugs and hitting record levels of stupidity.

sounds like someone needs a Baskin Robbins™ Oreo™ Chocolate Shake

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC

FFS:

You seem way too worked up about this.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

FFS:

Chillax and have a shake mang

Also, out of curiosity, should it be Baskin Robbins' shake, or is like Basking Robbins Shake the product name? Like, "Adidas Dame 6 are sick shoes," versus "Adidas' shoes are sick" or Adidas's?

Help me out here

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Some people think sugar should essentially be treated as poisonous (at least in the way you think of consuming it) and some have said it's more harmful than tobacco.

But I've had a cigarette and I've had lots of sugar and I'd way rather have the sugar.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

FFS:

Maybe you should start off by first getting the name of this message board correct :)

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017

FFS:

"Call out sick" is an actual idiom, and the preposition used varies regionally. Chill out. https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/call-in-sick-or-call-out-sick

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
... that's my entire weekly bulk surplus. I feel like I'd balloon overnight if I drank this.

Doesn't beat uranium though!
y71wwyb8ghw21.jpg

e431f2b36a61e64c371229549e893985.gif

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017

FFS:

I find your post condescending. I know my grammar, that has been confirmed, by every English teacher with whom I've spoken with. People should'nt be worried about pedants, critiquing there posts; their not here to be graded, professor.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Jesus.

I feel like there should be age restrictions on shit like this. This has to be worse on your body than a beer

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Serious question, How does your body even react to 260 grams of sugar?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

FFS:

This may be one of the most frustrating posts I have read on era honestly. I feel like this forum just isn't for you, and for many different reasons. For starters, many users that post here are not fluent in English. I know, weird concept to you I'm sure. Another reason, some posters (like myself) post laying in their bed on their phone with one hand while eating Cheetos because this isn't a fracking classroom.

If one can understand the message and point being made, it's fine. Thankfully, 99% of people here aren't grammar nazis like yourself, so again, I'll continue to use era happily. Do me a favor and put me on ignore as I'm sure I've offended you multiple times with this post with my grammar and punctuation alone.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017

FFS:

What is with that comma you got there at the end of your first 'sentence'? Anyone who knows "English in a proper manner" wouldn't make such a blunder.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was bored so I did some research.

The idea that a 32 oz. Baskin Robbins milkshake has 2,600 calories seems to come from a Men's Health article in 2009 (article no longer available, but see a reference here: https://www.riverfronttimes.com/foo...late-oreo-milkshake-the-worst-food-in-america). It's possible this calorie count was accurate but there seems to be no way of knowing at this current time.

As per United States law, chain restaurants of a certain size (Baskin Robbins qualifies) are required to report calorie counts, but there's a lot of uncertainty there. Without doing "bomb calorimetry" (a test that does not seem to be required), estimates are done via a basic "4-4-9" method where each gram of protein, carbohydrates, and fat are estimated at 4 or 9 calories each, with a few modifiers. But that's not particularly accurate, and deviations of up to 20% are allowed by current regulations.

Regardless, a 32 oz. Baskin Robbins Chocolate Oreo milkshake today only seems to be 1,440 calories, according to their official website. This is a bit more in line with what I'd expect. I don't know if the original image was ever true, but it does seem implausible.
Of course it's fake, but it's so much more fun to pretend it's real.

Would you drink the forbidden milkshake

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017

FFS:

Well...I mean you apparently don't even know what site you're posting on at any given moment, so.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I was bored so I did some research.

The idea that a 32 oz. Baskin Robbins milkshake has 2,600 calories seems to come from a Men's Health article in 2009 (article no longer available, but see a reference here: https://www.riverfronttimes.com/foo...late-oreo-milkshake-the-worst-food-in-america). It's possible this calorie count was accurate but there seems to be no way of knowing at this current time.

As per United States law, chain restaurants of a certain size (Baskin Robbins qualifies) are required to report calorie counts, but there's a lot of uncertainty there. Without doing "bomb calorimetry" (a test that does not seem to be required), estimates are done via a basic "4-4-9" method where each gram of protein, carbohydrates, and fat are estimated at 4 or 9 calories each, with a few modifiers. But that's not particularly accurate, and deviations of up to 20% are allowed by current regulations.

Regardless, a 32 oz. Baskin Robbins Chocolate Oreo milkshake today only seems to be 1,440 calories, according to their official website. This is a bit more in line with what I'd expect. I don't know if the original image was ever true, but it does seem implausible.
It's discontinued but apparently did exist: https://web.archive.org/web/2009011...tion/product.aspx?Category=Beverages&id=BV276

the current oreo milkshake is a significantly different product (it's an oreo cookies n cream milkshake not a chocolate oreo milkshake). it looks like they put half a cup of hot fudge in the chocolate oreo milkshake, lol.

Last edited:

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
that's quite a bit of fiber! so is this a shake that's good for you, right? poop all the calories right out.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

slow-twitch

Oct 25, 2017
Serious question, How does your body even react to 260 grams of sugar?

I've had this happen after post-run binges.

Assuming a healthy individual (no diabetes, etc), the body's response is called reactive hypoglycemia.

The pancreas creates a lot of insulin to handle the blood sugar surge.
The adrenal system sees this as a trigger event and ups cortisol and epinephrine (fight or flight response). At that point you can have a short euphoria or awareness boost.

Some minutes later, the insuline response is so powerful that blood sugar becomes dangerously low (hypoglycemia).
Homeostatis is disrupted for some hours, you have all the symptoms of hypoglycemia and rebound from the acute stress response. If you really ate a lot of sugar it's possible the digestive system is over its processing limit, adding bloating to the general malaise as you pass half digested food in the digestive track.

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I've had this happen after post-run binges.

Assuming a healthy individual (no diabetes, etc), the body's response is called reactive hypoglycemia.

The pancreas creates a lot of insulin to handle the blood sugar surge.
The adrenal system sees this as a trigger event and ups cortisol and epinephrine (fight or flight response). At that point you can have a short euphoria or awareness boost.

Some minutes later, the insuline response is so powerful that blood sugar becomes dangerously low (hypoglycemia).
Homeostatis is disrupted for some hours, you have all the symptoms of hypoglycemia (potentially dangerous) and rebound from the acute stress response. If you really ate a lot of sugar it's possible the digestive system is over its processing limit, adding bloating to the general malaise as you pass half digested food in the digestive track.
Wow really appreciate the response

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's discontinued but apparently did exist: https://web.archive.org/web/2009011...tion/product.aspx?Category=Beverages&id=BV276

the current oreo milkshake is a significantly different product (it's an oreo cookies n cream milkshake not a chocolate oreo milkshake). it looks like they put half a cup of hot fudge in the chocolate oreo milkshake, lol.

It was also 36 ounces. That's enormous. Most people won't drink more than 36 ounces of water in a day. That's ONE serving of milkshake. Bruh...