• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The way the characters are introduced. The big budget presentation. The flashbacks. And knowing how everything ends and what happens to these characters. Seeing Jin's mercurial possessiveness, Jack's early substance abuse issues, Charlie's cowardice, Shannon's self centeredness, Sawyer's racism, and how they eventually grow out of these.

And while representation is a big topic today, the show was really diverse for a 2004 major prime time show.

I was bummed out how it ended, but what a show.

You don't have to recommit to watch the whole the thing, but I just caught the Pilot gain on Hulu. What great memories and nostalgia.

Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched the whole run last year and so much of it still holds up. I put the pilot on in a whim and basically got hooked to all six seasons over the course of four months. It looks great for the most part and has an excellent balance between characters and plot. Season 4 is one of my favourite runs of anything: the new characters are instantly likeable, and the Constant and the Shape of Things to Come are two of the most satisfying hours of TV.

I was deeply disappointed with the final season when it aired, but felt it was a decent ending this time around. Once you know the conclusion to the flash sideway mystery and are not putting so much stock in how it comes together, the rest is reasonably satisfying. While the mystery doesn't quite come together, I think the character arcs are true to the earlier seasons.

The show was a big part of my life when it aired so I was really glad to fall in love with it again. One of my favourites of all time alongside Mad Men, Twin Peaks, Dekalog.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoyed the whole show, but yeah, that's an all-timer pilot. Dunno if I'd put any since then above it.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Sayid was the best character for me and sad how it ended for him. Still redeems himself at the end but it was rough to see him be a bad guy towards the end. Same for Jacks sister and lock.

Damn last few seasons was a total like wtf why!!

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I rewatched the whole run last year and so much of it still holds up. I put the pilot on in a whim and basically got hooked to all six seasons over the course of four months. It looks great for the most part and has an excellent balance between characters and plot. Season 4 is one of my favourite runs of anything: the new characters are instantly likeable, and the Constant and the Shape of Things to Come are two of the most satisfying hours of TV.

I was deeply disappointed with the final season when it aired, but felt it was a decent ending this time around. Once you know the conclusion to the flash sideway mystery and are not putting so much stock in how it comes together, the rest is reasonably satisfying. While the mystery doesn't quite come together, I think the character arcs are true to the earlier seasons.

The show was a big part of my life when it aired so I was really glad to fall in love with it again. One of my favourites of all time alongside Mad Men, Twin Peaks, Dekalog.

Yeah, I think a big reason the ending got many upset was because so many people have spent years making their own fan theories, and the show not doing that must have been really disappointing. But since I marathoned the show and didn't catch up until right as the next-to-last episode was airing, it all seemed really natural.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Was Lost the show that really introduced "near film" production values for genre shows? I think HBO had already kind of started the whole "prestige TV" thing before then, but really only in dramas. I'm trying to recall if Lost was the first show where I thought , "This is broadcast TV and it's almost movie production values."