• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
For them to imagine Magikarp being served like that implies that some form of fish or other meat is part of the popular diet. We've seen non-Pokémon fish at least, so maybe they eat that, or maybe there really are just off screen regular animals.
to be fair, they were imagining that while they were stranded at sea and staring at james' magikarp

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Pretty sure there are still real animals in the Pokémon world even though it's seldom mentioned so no.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I eat animals so yeah. :(

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Didn't the anime have a scene or something like "Farfetch is almost extinct because people can't stop eating it"?

Edit: It did! I knew my memory wasn't failing me. Here's the full quote: "Farfetch'd, a Wild Duck Pokémon. Farfetch'd makes a delicious meal, especially when cooked with leek. Because of this, Farfetch'd is nearly extinct." from Episode 49

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
There's too few vegetarians here.

Pokémon are clearly intelligent creatures with grasp of language, culture and even scientific method.

So no. I wouldn't even train them.

Sean Mirrsen

Banned
May 9, 2018
I mean.

I wouldn't hunt them, or butcher them, much like I don't the normal animals here. But if an industry exists where Pokemon meat is available, I wouldn't necessarily turn my nose up at it.

Even here, in some parts of the world people eat dogs - the closest thing we have to an "intelligent companion creature" (besides cats). And some people keep a lot of the otherwise edible or harvestable animals as pets - horses, turtles, rabbits, lizards, ostriches, etc., and they love them and train them. You wouldn't catch me dead eating horse meat, for instance (even though it's sold around here), but aside from how hard or expensive they are to get the other kinds of meat I'm open to trying - I just have no particular attachment to those species of animals. If I were living in the Pokeverse, saw some Pokemeat on sale, and the Pokemon in question wasn't particularly appealing to me, I wouldn't think much of it either.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tropius sprouts Bannanas from its neck. Thats another reason why it's the best Pokemon.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
If I were living in the Pokeverse, saw some Pokemeat on sale, and the Pokemon in question wasn't particularly appealing to me, I wouldn't think much of it either.

When they have tear ducts used for social cues similar to people im not messing with that. Been conditioned for decades to think of them more like weird little people.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the creature's intelligence does not factor into me biting it or not. I respect them all equally so they all go in my belly.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
There's no chicken Pokemon that I can think of, and Tauros looks tough and gamey. I don't eat fish so none of them for me. Same with duck and other birds.

So probably not.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
There's no chicken Pokemon that I can think of, and Tauros looks tough and gamey. I don't eat fish so none of them for me. Same with duck and other birds.

So probably not.

Although its final evolution isn't very chicken-like in appearance, isn't the Torchic line supposed to be chicken? Starter is a synonym for appetizer.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
No...

how-to-evolve-milcrey-into-alcremie.jpg

Look at this disgusting pervert, it wants to get eaten. Taking advantage of my hunger to sate their dirty fetish.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the anime have a scene or something like "Farfetch is almost extinct because people can't stop eating it"?

Edit: It did! I knew my memory wasn't failing me. Here's the full quote: "Farfetch'd, a Wild Duck Pokémon. Farfetch'd makes a delicious meal, especially when cooked with leek. Because of this, Farfetch'd is nearly extinct." from Episode 49
The first season had guns, that shit doesn't count anymore.

For the record, the anime takes place in a vegetarian society. The games just do whatever.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I mean, how many young children that get set out into the wilds don't come back? Figure there's gotta be a far bit, not all pokemon are nice, especially reading the 'dex. I especially like the swimming one that drinks all your blood after stabbing you.

GET THEM BEFORE THEY GET US.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's a Pokemon that carries around its own seasoning, people in the world definitely eat them and there's no doubt they eat each other.

I probably wouldn't, though. They have language, that's taking things too far.

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
probably

maybe not my favorite ones but some of them, much like i would not eat a dog or a cat but stuff like cows,sheeps, horses and chicken is fair game

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Here's a better question:

Why isn't humanity fucking dead in a world where wildlife wields different levels of insane cataclysmic powers?

Everything this side of a Magicarp can destroy an armed unit.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
The seafood looking ones for sure.

But I'd be more concerned about what a fucking nuisance Pokemon would be on a day to day basis if we lived in that world. Sure we would have tamed Pokemon as pets or for work purposes, but there would still be massive amounts of Pokemon's that could be huge and burn down forests and cities just roaming around on their own.