• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'd totally go to British Columbia but I heard it's pretty damn expensive to live there so...I dunno lol

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Canada would be my first choice if only because it would be closer to my family than traveling overseas.

I've always been really interested in Japan as well, but the language barrier would be rough to just up and move there. I'd want to spend some trips there and learn some ahead of time before moving there.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Japan. Only country where I don't feel like I actively experienced racism, although the Nigerians in Roppongi can get fucked. It was actually cool being black in Japan.

Second would be Belgium, since my girlfriend is from there and convincing her to move to the US was hell.

Darksol

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Lived in Japan for many years, and have no problem going back. Also wouldn't mind Germany, New Zealand, etc.

Helmholtz

Feb 24, 2019
Canada
I guess probably the USA, as it's closest to Canada where I live. But personally, I never want to leave this country.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Personally would love to raise my daughter in Spain for a significant number of years. I don't expect this to actually happen as my other half isn't for it. Might get away with spending 2 months of a few summers with her over there, idk if they have kid courses over the summer I could put her in.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Being limited by language, I'd pick Canada, Ireland, or New Zealand. Canada seems like the easiest change.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Living in Québec (Canada), if I ever move out it will be Denmark, Sweden or Noway. Getting a bit old to learn languages tho, I guess. Might be hard.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
4 options, all different benefits....
Canada, Thailand, S. Korea, or Japan.

for me personally, can't go wrong with any of em

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Korea. I'm American but I already live there for most of the year and planning on completely moving there eventually. . I can't think of any negatives that are worse than living in America. The only thing I ever miss in Korea is cheap tech prices, and Atlanta hotwings.

but korean wings are lit.

and yea....tech prices in korea, oof

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
I live in Greece. If you Îżnly take climate and people into consideration:

Israel, Western Turkey, Cyprus, Southern Italy, as long as the place I live has sea nearby. Alexandria, Egypt too.

Australia as well, because of relatives.

Have lived in Germany and UK so I would not mind living there but I am not used to the climate.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I came close to pursuing New Zealand. I work in software development and so I think I could have found something. But sadly the pandemic happened.

kitler53

Oct 15, 2020
i visited and love many corners of the world but i don't think i'd want to live in a place that didn't speak english and their primary language. i'm too old to try and learn a new language.

1. australia or new zealand. from the outside looking in they seem like chill cool countries.
2. canada. i love snow.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
London, Britain (UK) - have family and connections there

Dubai, UAE (have family and connections there)

or back in my hometown of Kothamangalam in Kerala, India

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Finland, of course!

Curious to see so many mentions of Sweden and Norway, but almost no interest in Finland.

Oct 27, 2017
Canada.

I've been there a few times, and already have friends that live there, so I wouldn't be starting from scratch. Plus it is close enough that I could cross the border to the US to get stuff that isn't available in Canada.
I'd hate the winters there though.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
I am seeing a lot of Canada, and I already live there haha. For a few years I think Japan or France would be fun. Long term I think New Zealand seems amazing.

Dogstar

Oct 29, 2017
1 - Republic of Ireland, it's a feasible move and not too far away, culturally it's quite similar to Scotland. There is some Irish blood in the family already on my grandmother's side. Being back in the EU is also a big factor.

This, probably. I live in a lovely part of the Westcountry and away from the madding crowd and the worst of English 'culture'... but, I hate what we have become overall as a nation. Ireland seems like a great place, and it's particularly stunning along the west coast, which is where I would choose.... and it's still in the EU. It could be a case of 'the grass is greener' though.

Japan has a lot of appeal, as it's so very different, but the language barrier would be a huge stumbling block as would the urbanisation. I'd certainly love to visit one day.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
A big issue for me is family, now that we have a child... it's hard to move away from her grandparents, and as they get older, we'll have to take care of them. So I think moving to another country is not really feasible for us between now and like 2050 (and then it'll be "well.. our kids are in America..").

But if I had like my own private Lear jet that could jetset around the globe ... I'd love to move to:

- New Zealand
- Australia
- Ireland
- Germany
- Northern Italy
- Belgium
- Sweden

For cities in Canada:
- Vancouver
- Toronto

I'd be up to move just about anywhere if we could

Oct 27, 2017
Fellow UKer here, and have also thought a lot about this. Ideally I'd love to live in Sweden, however due to language barrier I am also more than happy to live in Canada!

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Finland, of course!

Curious to see so many mentions of Sweden and Norway, but almost no interest in Finland.

That's because you Finnish are different

J/K, I love Finland, only country in the world when you can canoe for miles in (relative) wilderness and stumble upon a public sauna to use after a hard day of rowing. Absolutely winning country. But the whole of Scandinavia, I couldn't deal with your winters. I'll stick to visiting in the summers.

I've stayed in Switzerland for a while and it's bonkers if you enjoy nature, but we had a hard time really connecting with the Swiss. Could be us, but I think Swiss people can be hard to really get to know.

If there's one country I'd love to live for a while, it's Italy. Winning combination of nature, climate, culture, food, variety.. I just don't speak the language that well. But really, Italy is something different (for me).

I also wouldn't mind hanging out in Oregon for a while.

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would prefer to stay in US since I love this country and the earning potential for my career is highest here. But if I was forced to emigrate, then Canada, UK and NZ would be on the top of my list. I am sure I would have no trouble gaining entry with my career. I would prefer to live in an English speaking country. Western EU countries don't sound bad either.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Definitely somewhere in Scandinavia.

Login • Instagram

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Taiwan. Low cost of living, amazing food, the HSR lets you visit just about anywhere in country in a single day & air fare is cheap to Japan/Korea/Singapore/etc.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Probably Finland. Beautiful country, their government seems to be decent, interesting language, and disc golf is huge there.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
New Zealand would be awesome, would be closer to my wife's family there.

I work for a company in Austria, and I've visited there twice so far and enjoyed it. Would have to learn German though.

Canada I have extended family in, and if I moved to Ontario I'd be close to family on my side.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
As a German who works in online marketing, with decent capability in English I think Canada and Ireland would be good options.

TortadeJamon

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Ireland, most likely. My current company has a branch there and I'm looking to relocate once the pandemic ends. No idea where I'd like to live long-term, though.

Yes

Oct 28, 2017
Fellow UKer here, and have also thought a lot about this. Ideally I'd love to live in Sweden, however due to language barrier I am also more than happy to live in Canada!
You'd manage. English is basically a mandatory language to learn in school (in the whole?) nordics. Tho it's not like everyone's an A student. But as you live there you'd learn the local language at least to some extent.

I once went to Scotland and it didn't feel like I was coping with my English. The dialect was something else. Loved the place.

I'm really thinking about moving to Spain for a year-ish. Not something that might happen in the near future but at some point maybe. That or Germany.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan. I lived there for 3.5 years already, have family in law there, love the food, and expect that with the declining population that cost of living should be stable if not decreasing over the next few decades. It's also safe and convenient to get around in.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
Of the ones I've actually been to, New Zealand. Impractical in terms of seeing friends family when it's an expensive and LONG flight, but I absolutely loved my time there and the people I met.