• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 5, 2018
First to preface this although more interesting than remasters remakes are often pointless and unimaginative, even though I know this I do have a title that I would like to see done in the current generation,

For me it's dragon age origins, if done faithfully it could easily be the best of the series, the original was delayed which lead to them creating it with older tech by the time it got released and while the game has a lot going for it I doubt it's visual style is one of the things most people would rate,

I wouldn't want the story or paths to be sacrificed nor the characters however, also I would like all the dlc to be added too.

So to those who read this I pose the question, IF you had to have a game receive a remake which one would you choose?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Ocarina. From the ground up. Made exclusively for the next iteration of the Switch. Also, stealth release on PC a year later.

(Let me dream)

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I would love to see FFVIII getting the VIIR approach. It's not my favorite FF but i feel like it's the one whose universe had the post potential.

Character arcs for Zell, Selphie etc. The return of the junction system trying to fix what was broken, a way to explaining better the deal with the Gardens and Norg...

The possibilities are infinite.

Oct 27, 2017
Goldeneye 007, switch at least and cross platform with PC, Xbox, etc

cross play, 4-8 player local and online. Would be a dream come true. Same physics, just better graphics

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
83201-colony-wars-playstation-front-cover.jpg

Colony Wars for PS1. The game could be a great space shooter in VR, keep the multiple story paths if you suceced or fail certain missions and sell it at a reasonable price. It's not a full space sim but it's slower paced than some arcady stuff out there and I reckon it could find an audience.

Also have a bit more on how the League Of Free Worlds has an enigmatic figure leading it like with the Tsar's Earth Empire. That always bugged me at the time, not sure if they elaborated on it with the sequels.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Left Alive. A proper realization of that "MGS with a few big open-ended levels and survival mechanics and mechs and Shinkawa art" concept with a big budget and enough development time would make for an excellent game.

So much potential hidden behind an undercooked, seemingly underfunded game.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
I would love some sort of Jak and Daxter reboot. A ground-up retelling that combines the three games into a cohesive universe and setting.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Full-on remake by the original devs with some creative liberties? Dark Souls. I'd like them to flesh out / finish Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith and Ash Lake. Preferably also fix up other stuff like the "lost annals" thing and do something about Capra Demon's arena.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Just one game to remake? Hmmm. 2D artstyle suffers a lot translated to 3D, so Baldur's gate 2, Alien Soldier or Warcraft 2 would change too much for my taste.
Maybe Ground Control? That one could benefit a lot from beefier CPUs.
Or Sacrifice, even better!

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough OP I would actually pick Dragon Age 2. There is a ton of potential in that game and with some more polish I think people would come around on it.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Probably Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. The campaign still plays perfectly and visually it still looks quite nice to me, but it'd still be cool to see it updated. Though the main reason I'd like a remake is so that Spies vs Mercs can have another chance at life. I'd especially love it if they added some of the Pandora Tomorrow exclusive maps like Cinema.

Persona 3 (needs a definitive edition) and Resident Evil 3 Remake (no sarcasm) are other games that popped to mind before I settled on Chaos Theory.

Edit: The Skies of Arcadia suggestion is a really good one. That'd be amazing with improved visuals, lower encounter rate, and an overhauled combat system.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Resident Evil - I'd like another remake of the first game in the style of the RE2 remake, with new Jill.

The Simpsons Hit and Run - Give me a fully realized and explorable Springfield and keep the humor in season 3-9 territory. A remaster may be more desired here, as we've lost some voice actors and characters in the original game.

TMNT arcade game collection

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
MGS3.

Go back to the idea of the jungle being an open world sandbox where you have to find your own way to Groznji Grad. Sprinkle in more bases and encampments, make the boss fight areas bigger so you can trigger them from a multitude of angles.

And Mass Effect 1 with the ideas of Andromeda implemented and refined.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Knights Of The Old Republic - New fighting system, fuck it make it like jedi fallen order, and new graphics. You can keep the exact same writing and voice overs

Metal GEAR Solid 1- Same as above but you dont really need to change the combat

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Mine have already been mentioned so I'll list some lesser known.

Second Sight
The Last Express
Prisoner Of War
Monkey Island

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 2 would be pretty legit as a 3D game. It'd be nice to see a 3d Fallout RPG again, seeing as Bethesda hasn't made one since 2008, and hasn't published one since NV. And I'd love to tackle Fallout 2 with survival mods and to get a whole new perspective on that world.

As long as it's nothing at all like Fallout 4.

Last edited:

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Ultima VII - a full remake could be remarkable. But an absurd undertaking that will never, ever, happen for a ded franchise.

Syndicate - a modern crpg/rts hybrid in the style of the original could be great imo.

Metal Gear Solid 3/ MGS series. Just too inaccessible. Xbox bc on series/one x or PC console emulation is the only way to really play MGS3 at a locked 60, which is a travesty. Whole series needs a remaster for modern consoles imo, or at least a basic rerelease of the bluepoint remasters on PS4/5 and PC. Demon's Souls style QoL and graphical improvements to 3 would be a dream, eg it's camo system/switching outfits.

Honestly, every good PSX/PS2 game. Quite sad how inaccessible such an incredible back catalogue is on modern hardware. I don't want remakes, just make them more available. Esp the ps2 gen. Sony desperately need a Virtual Console style bc program.

Oct 27, 2017
in need of a "definitive" version tier — Persona 3.

"doesn't need a complete remake, but would benefit from being remade in modern engine tier — MGS (all except V) & Persona 4, DMC 1-3.

guilty pleasure tier — JSRF & SSX3.

"because technically the remake isn't actually a remake" tier — Final Fantasy VII

Last edited:
OP
OP
Multievolution
Jun 5, 2018
Fallout 2 would be pretty legit as a 3D game. It'd be nice to see a 3d Fallout RPG again, seeing as Bethesda hasn't made one since 2008, and hasn't published one since NV. And I'd love to tackle Fallout 2 with survival mods and to get a whole new perspective on that world.

Hmm? What about Fallout 4? Oh you mean that weird Vault-Boy-themed action-adventure Fallout spinoff, right? You're talking about Skyrim with guns, aren't you? The one that feels more like Far Cry than Fallout, yes? I mean sure, it's an RPG, in the same way that GTA San Andreas is an RPG I suppose. Which is to say, you can call it that lol...
You're definitely not bitter at all, no not one bit, why would you even say that? Not a ounce of bitterness detected, move along,

Jokes aside I can sort of see what you mean about fallout4 but to me Skyrim is every bit a RPG as any other, is it the best? No it's got a fair few flaws and some questionable decisions but it's definitely an RPG.