• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
You have an opportunity to replay any game you've previously played and experience it as if it was the first time you've ever played the game, which game would it be?

Note that as the first time you've ever played the game, this would preclude any knowledge or references you may have about the game, and all of your knowledge on this game will be exclusive to what you will get to rediscover on this new play through.

Which game have you previously played would you choose to be your own chance to completely re-experience again anew? Why?

Last edited:

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us: Part II

If any game made me want a brain wipe so I could experience it all again, it's this one.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Xenoblade
Okami
Breath of the Wild
Super Mario Galaxy
Bayonetta
Persona 4
Persona 5

But gun to my head would probably be Xenoblade

Dec 23, 2017
I don't know honestly not too many games have that type of affect on me. I usually play and move on. Maybe some of the wrestling games from 5th gen.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I mean I just want to re-experience SOCOM again. And just have a definitive one and play it for the rest of my days while waiting for Final Fantasy to come out.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I'll do for just the consoles I actually owned or my family did at one point.

NES: Zelda II
Genesis: Aladdin
64: Ocarina of Time
PS2: God of War 2
GameCube: Super Mario Sunshine
PS3: Batman Arkham Asylum
360: Gears of War 2
PS4: Horizon Zero Dawn

I think these would be the ones I would most want to "experience as new again" off the top of my head.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man .. what I wouldn't give to have this kind of an experience.

Some of the games I would love to have the feeling of playing for the first time again:

Resident Evil
The Last of Us
Persona 4
Final Fantasy 7/9
Crono Trigger

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
God of War.
tumblr_o8s9f5S3lx1rey868o1_500.gif

Mastermind

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For some reason, I immediately thought of Motorstorm. It doesn't really rank high with me but it was enjoyable.

Coltd99

Nov 1, 2017
Nier Automata or Bloodborne for me. If I could replay the whole series it would easily go to the Metal Gear series

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Witcher 3, love the game but the experience at release on PS4 wasn't a great one. Would have played it on a PC instead.

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Portal 2. Only game I've felt compelled to complete in a single sitting and the perfect sequel.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outer Wilds or Nier: Automata

First thought was WoW, but I think that was a time and place thing. I don't think I could have that experience again.

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Dragon Quest XI
Dragon Quest V
Pokemon R/S/E
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Fire Emblem: Three Houses

PMD would probably be my #1, it's just so good.

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
The Return of the Obra Dinn, without question. The satisfaction of putting all of the disparate clues together to put names to positions to faces was probably the most satisfying 8 hours of gaming I've ever had, and it's impossible to replicate on a replay.

LonelyGay

May 18, 2019
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

I remember binging that game when I was a teenager, and beating it around 8AM in the morning, and being bleary eyed when the credits rolled. I felt like it changed me as a gamer, whether that was true or not. I'll always remember, and wish I could experience something like that again in gaming.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Frostpunk

Thankfully the final DLC is scheduled for Late July. Im thirsty for another campaign. I love this game.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
At first I was going to say Dark Souls 3, but... the real answer is Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

The final stretch of the game, the true ending route, was something very special indeed. And this time I would go in completely blind, since I already knew some plot points the last time.

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
Either Skies of Arcadia or Cave Story. For the first game, I want to feel that magic of discovery again. For the second, I want to revisit the intimate, poignant details of the story.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... if I could transport myself back to, like, that era and mindset like magic? Probably Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. GTA:SA was the first GTA I ever truly got in to. I owned GTAIII but never really played it. In college at the time, if I started playing the game someone would inevitably come by and want to play it instead... take turns, and they'd just go around blowing shit up or wreaking havoc. I skipped owning Vice City.

It wasn't until GTA:SA which I think I got at a discount going into the summer that I decided I was going to really sit down and play through the game... I played it that summer 2005, and got obsessed with it, absolutely loved it. I got so into the missions, side missions, story, everything about it. This was like pre-internet-ruins-everything, so there were so many urban legends and myths, I spent hours "looking for big foot" just like everyone else. I really loved the game. It was also a time in my life where things were pretty easy... I had just turned 21, I had a stupid cake summer job during college where I didn't do anything, I had a job lined up after the summer so this was basically just a time to relax, drink beer, play videogames. I had a girlfriend but she lived an hour away so we were only together sometimes, so I could really focus on the game. It was a good time.

That got me obsessed with all of the GTAs. I went back and replayed GTA:SA an VC on PC whenever those came out, and for a while I'd play GTA:SA every summer for a few years after that.

Resident Evil 4 was another fun one to play through. a buddy of mine and I beat it over a spring break, drinking beers each night and motoring through the levels. We didn't know what to expect with it, I hadn't played a Resident Evil game since RE1 on PSX, and so this was maybe... close 6 or 7 years later, maybe longer, and so I didn't have any expectations for how bat shit bonkers that story was and the crazy narrative turns, so we loved playing it. I remember my folks were away on vacation that week and I was house sitting, and my friend and I just marched through the game over a week drinking beer. Was a lot of fun.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
It's Xenogears by a long shot. It's my favourite game of all time and the best jrpg I have ever played.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
The Witcher 3, there aren't many games that when they're over I feel like I've lost something. That game made every game after it for a long time feel like just a waste of time.

If I could chose a franchise then the Mass Effect Trilogy for the same reason but x3