• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Could you lay down a bunt against a MLB pitcher if you had 100 tries?

• Yes

Votes: 187 48.7%
  • No

Votes: 197 51.3%

• Total voters

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Inspired by today's great bunt debate on the Le Batard show do you think you could lay down a bunt if you had a 100 tries against a major league pitcher?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
maybe i dont fully understand the question, but i feel like in 100 tries i might be able to do it

i just gotta manage to connect like this yea?

giphy.gif

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Yeah. Assuming they are aiming in the box

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe i dont fully understand the question, but i feel like in 100 tries i might be able to do it

Instead of swinging the bat, you hold it in front of yourself with both hands and try to make the ball hit it before it hits your body at 110 miles per hour.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Remember you have to be fast enough to make it to first

And for some reason I feel like that disqualifies most of era

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno probably? I have no idea. Are they throwing an off speed pitch or a fastball? It's def hard but 100 is alot of tries. I think I can get one down by accident.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I tried bunting as a teenager once, and I got hit in the face by the pitch.

I did get my base at least.

Nov 9, 2017
I think I could lay down a bunt and keep it fair in 100 tries. I don't think I could do it and beat out a MLB level throw to first unless I got lucky.

I don't think I could hit a good curveball/slider but I bet I could get a few hacks on a straight fastball once I adjusted to the speed (not a legendary fastball like Randy Johnson or anything).

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
99% of these "yes" responses must be from individuals who don't realize they need to actually make it to first base.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Just lay down a bunt? Sure. I have played a lot of softball so it would be easy. There's a bit of technique but basically just hand eye coordination. It's not that hard.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Poll says lay down a bunt, not bunt for a single.
If you don't have the element of surprise and the defense is expecting a bunt, it's very difficult for even the pros to bunt for a single. Just making 100 attempts at laying down a bunt in a non-game situation is very different from getting an official infield hit.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Make contact and keep it fair, yes. Make it to first, highly unlikely.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I think I could lay down a bunt in 100 tries. Once you learn to not stab your bat at the ball it's all clear, be gentle. Now, I doubt I could bunt it well enough to beat a major league infield to first lol.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A successful bunt as in getting on base? Fuck no.

Contact? Yeah with 100 pitches I could probably get the timing down.

Envelope

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah op only stipulates you have to bunt, now make it to first, so yeah I could most likely pull that off at least 1/100 pitches

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Its an unfair challenge..if you're being pitched to 100 times, with no other conditions (men on base, etc) then there's no way ANYONE could get on base. Fielders will just play in knowing you're bunting and not having to worry about anything else other than a small portion of the field