• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Let's say you get an amazing job opportunity from the Russian government, and you live in USA or Europe, would you accept it? Without any restrictions?

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
Depends on what it is, honestly. Depending on the type of work I would have to also register as a foreign agent here in the US. Also, regardless of what the job is— or whether I accept it or not— I would probably be inclined to let the appropriate authorities know that I was being approached.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
No because the career I am currently pursuing I am positive is a better fit for me than any government job, let alone a government that is hostile to my home country.

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it was a remote job I could do from the US or some other country that's not Russia and I get paid $100,000+ a year then sure.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Depends what it is, but probably not. It would probably hurt my chances of working in the intelligence field or getting certain security clearances.

Then again, Russia is probably in need of non-Soviet city planners...

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
My mind says no, and I'd like to definitely say "no" but I've worked for high security clients in the past that I don't necessarily agree with on everything personaly and politicaly because I needed employment so I can't 100% say I wouldn't.

I certainly say no depending on it it's illegal or downright involved in something corrupt or something that I knew was wrong.

My dealings with clients I don't see eye to eye with was more regards saving lives than ending them. So I could justify working for them.

Oct 25, 2017
Like the actual russian government and I'd be a government employee? Hell no man, I'm not trying to be exiled to Moscow someday

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Most jobs in the Russian government, like any government, are mundane and non-political.
I don't think I'm terribly qualified to be a food safety inspector or a train driver, but I don't think there is anything morally problematic in taking those types jobs.
This is obviously depends on the actual job, there are of course many types of Russian government jobs that I will refuse to take on moral grounds, like being a cop

Oct 27, 2017
If the Chinese government offered you $1 million, hookers, a 1-week road trip with Keanu Reeves and the complete FF VII Remake collection on a PS5 Pro, would you accept?