• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of surprising considering Hollywood is generally LGBT friendly for the most part. I mean her career image has only been helped since coming out and talking about this. Then again her image needed quite a bit of rehab after weird shit like having an affair with Sanders, and constant rumors about her being a not nice person, so I'm sure she was getting all sorts of "advice".
Eh

Hollywood may act like they're some progressive paradise and I'm sure a lot of actors are at least socially liberal they're also have their biases some of that is because of money
Why is this thread mostly replies about explaining why Marvel isn't anti-LGBT instead of the discrimination K-Stew has had to deal with which is what the article is about?

Marvel isn't the victim here.

Case in point....
Then it would help if the OP had used a title like this from the article...

"Looking ahead: Kristen Stewart on her fluid sexuality, directorial debut and finding the freedom to be herself."

...which is a title that would help generate and focus discussion on Kristen Stewart and what she has had to endure, instead of the quote about a Marvel film which gets posters wanting to discuss Marvel instead.
No one on Era actually reads anything beyond the title

Also Fanboys

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
FFS, she doesn't even say that Marvel said this to her. That's not even the point.

She says there was a time that someone told her to knock it off the same sex public affection so she gets bigger roles. She compares it now, where people ask her to make movies about being gay. Then shakes her head and calls Hollywood a popularity contest.

But people are so worried that Marvel did something shady that they immediately attack her without even reading the article.

Why doubt that someone said that to her? For what reason wouldn't we believe her?

It's completely believable.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is like two pages of nonsense, when what's most likely to happen is following a successful debut weekend for Charlie's Angels (which I'm super excited to check out), someone from Marvel will probably offer her a role in something lol.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Wow, indeed.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I do applaud you for channeling all that "You wanna go? PM me, braaah" energy into penning more of your own imagined scenarios, not proving I ever said "Fuck You" and/or insulting you.

Also, it's interesting that you seem to be the only one here incapable of reading what I actually wrote and interpreting it correctly. Pretty sure everyone else reading all this sees exactly what I said/meant.

Literally no one but you is hung up on my post. Think about that for a second.
You're hung up on the wrong things. I never said you said fuck me, because you didn't, but let's not pretend you're weren't being dismissive. I'm still waiting for you to realize that out of all those guys I "insulted" when I said "Fuck those guys" you were the only one who felt the need to respond? And then not even with an immediate clarification, but that catch phrase of yours.

Why have you still not said it doesn't matter if she had receipts, actual marvel exec or no? If I'm so incapable of grasping what you're saying why don't you clarify? Reiterate. Repeat what you mean instead of that catch phrase. You say everyone sees what you said correctly except me, so what's the harm? I wonder if it's the opposite.

If you read what I said to you after catch phrase round 1 and you agree it doesn't matter if it was a real Marvel exec or not then I actually didn't even insult you, you got called shady at best

🤔🤔🤔🤔So why so fixated?

That energy's not imagined son, this shit is all day. I just don't want to waste the shit on you.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is like two pages of nonsense, when what's most likely to happen is following a successful debut weekend for Charlie's Angels (which I'm super excited to check out), someone from Marvel will probably offer her a role in something lol.
I propose every article posted requires a test to see if people actually paid attention

Oct 25, 2017
Uh yeah, the title should not be changed at all, we kinda need to own this behaviour and learn from it. I admit I am only reading it in bad faith (not having bothered to click through to the story itself) and had no idea Stewart is on the circuit because of a new film. That's on me.

Not sure we want it closed either, that'd be worse.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
It seems like a fitting response for internet tough guy nonsense.
Dude, I wrote paragraphs explaining my issue with what you said. If we really are on the same page you could've just clarified that in the post.

Instead, you liken me to a fucking dog. Think about that. And then you edited it out to make it seem like you didn't, but I saw it.

Who is trying to be the internet tough guy? Did I not offer to take this to PMs to keep it off the thread? Check yourself, cause it seems to me you'd rather just try to argue because you ignored everything I said

Dec 12, 2017
Dude, I wrote paragraphs explaining my issue with what you said. If we really are on the same page you could've just clarified that in the post.

Instead, you liken me to a fucking dog. Think about that. And then you edited it out to make it seem like you didn't, but I saw it.

Who is trying to be the internet tough guy? Did I not offer to take this to PMs to keep it off the thread? Check yourself, cause it seems to me you'd rather just try to argue because you ignored everything I said
I have maintained that YOU seem to be the only one here to take issue with my post. It requires no further explanation because it speaks for itself.

What was edited? I haven't edited anything. I used "grrr, rawr, grrr" to frame how you have been aggro, asking to PM to go back and forth. Then saying things like, "I think you are scared" and whatever else. It is all here in this thread for everyone to see.

The truth is, I never said what you think I did and rather than put your pride aside and acknowledge it, you tried to flail your way out of it.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
I have maintained that YOU seem to be the only one here to take issue with my post. It requires no further explanation because it speaks for itself.

What was edited? I haven't edited anything. I used "grrr, rawr, grrr" to frame how you have been aggro, asking to PM to go back and forth. Then saying things like, "I think you are scared" and whatever else. It is all here in this thread for everyone to see.

The truth is, I never said what you think I did and rather than put your pride aside and acknowledge it, you tried to flail your way out of it.
It really doesn't. Because if you didn't mean what I think you mean you didn't need to respond in the first place. But the fact is, people saw those posts and thought people were doubting, and you clearly lumped yourself in that category of doubters with your response to that insult. You put yourself in that, which is interesting to me because because if we were on the same mind of the issue you shouldn't have felt insulted at all, you could've just replied to Siggy P and then left it

I'm aggro towards you because you came at me which makes no sense if you actually agree with me. There's nothing to be insulted over unless you disagree. But you say you don't

At no point have you come off this high horse of yours. It's funny you say pride cause I could easily say the same thing about you. We could have ended this ages ago if you wanted to definitively state your position. But instead of that you want to spend paragraphs going in circles.

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the title is deliberately misleading and clickbaity. Really hope the OP changes it.

Making it about Marvel is dumb because in context "Marvel movie" is standing in for "major pop culture property".

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who had members of my own family not believe me when I told them I'd been verbally bashed and called a "faggot" at a restaurant, kindly step the fuck back with this BS.

My family has come around since then thankfully.

what? uh, I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

Believe women is a political slogan that came from the MeToo movement, so I just thought it was curious to use it in the context of an LGBTQ issue.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
An update:

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/kristen-stewart-gay-superhero-1203327460/

Nor does she think the roles she's offered have changed since being an out queer actor — and she cited Marvel only because she was illustrating "it was literally just a big conglomerate-y type thing."

"I'm sure they would love to hire the gay kids to be superheroes," Stewart said with a laugh.

Sitting next to her was Mackie, who is perhaps an expert on Marvel, having played the Falcon since 2014's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," and will take over the Captain America mantle in next year's Disney+ series "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier."

Asked what superhero Stewart should play, Mackie said, "That's a very good question."

Stewart interjected, "A gay one!"

Mackie then continued the joke, saying of his own dealings with Marvel, "It's been a really wonderful, eye-opening experience to where I've been able to work with many —" he then turned to Stewart — "gay kids."

When asked whether there was room for a gay superhero on "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier," Mackie said, "I think [Stewart] should be the gay female Falcon Captain America" as Stewart affected a superhero pose.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
And this is why when Dave Chappelle says LGBT people run Hollywood you know he's just a Queer basher who doesn't know shit.

I can't wait for Charlie Angels! Stewart looks like she's going to absolutely shine there

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017
So, from the quoted portion, I guess the obvious was true with her meaning Marvel only in the sense of "big corporate pop culture" and not Marvel in any specific sense.