• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Have Nintendo maintain good relations with 3rd party party devs, especially in the n64 era and not have Rare be bought by MS

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to save Dead Space, even with a time machine? I'm not sure...

I'd show Monolith Soft a copy of Xenosaga Episode III before the first game came out.

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would advice the change the default layout of sony's controller & following the traditional style whitout having a broking dpad & having the analog sticks on the right place.

Another thing : Nintendo to keep rare for their franchises & buy shares from EA & Rockstar. I'm not into those games , but fifa & gta are important for the mainstream market.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'd convince Sony the DVD player in the PS2 was a bad idea and save the Dreamcast.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd convince Epic to drop the Epic Games Store so I didn't have to wait until Summer 2021 to play Tetris Effect on Steam.
/who am I kidding, they'd sell the exclusive rights to like GOG or something.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Don't promise the PS Plus version of Driveclub and delay the release date of 6 months.

Maybe it can save the team and the franchise...

bunikerrim

Oct 3, 2019
Hit Sakaguchi with a stick until he forgot the idea of making a movie, then leave before he wakes up leaving behind a document called "Final Fantasy XI: The Totally not Online Game"

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Probably warn Bungie before their work on Reach that their dreams of independence and creating Destiny isn't the thing they are hoping it would be.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Gonna loophole the hell out of this and say that since Facebook makes games they're a gaming company, and the "change" I make is that Facebook never existed.
You're welcome.

Muad'dib

Banned
Jun 7, 2018
Go back in time and show Sega Japan how much they fucked up with the Sega Saturn by screwing over the Sega America team just out of sheer spite and jealousy.

Warn Westwood and Bullfrog about the EA buyouts.

Also fix Mass Effect 3.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
My pick would be to change things to have Sega either:
a) have Yakuza 6 be the last game on the old game engine
or
b) have a spinoff Yakuza game release as the first Dragon Engine game, and 6 be released a year later...

Because while I like 6, its definitely harmed in several ways by being the test bed for the brand new game engine, with several features (like a big part of Kamurocho) being completely absent from the game. It releasing in the state Kiwami 2 did, or just with 5's combat/engine would have been better no doubt.
Oh, and while I'm at it, I'll go back slightly further and stop them from nerfing the hard modes on the games after 3.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I would tell DreamFactory not to make The Bouncer. They never really recovered from that and we lost a significant creative force in the fighting game genre.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
- Tell Microsoft not to get complacent around 2011, and focus on games. And don't hire Don Mattrick.
- Tell Sony not to bother with the Cell. It's going to be an expensive waste of time and resources.
- Warn Bungie that they aren't "trading up" going from Microsoft to Activision
- Explain to Nintendo that the internet is going to be a thing around 1992.
- Warn Westwood, Bullfrog and Maxis - whatever they are offering, it's not worth it.
- Lie and tell EA that Ultimate Team is going to be a financial flop.
- Tell Microsoft that a packed-in Kinect 2.0 is a really bad play
- Erase the bit about synchronization towers from the pre-production notes of the first Assassin's Creed.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Go back in time and show Sega Japan how much they fucked up with the Sega Saturn by screwing over the Sega America team just out of sheer spite and jealousy.

Warn Westwood and Bullfrog about the EA buyouts.

Also fix Mass Effect 3.

I'd do the same for Origin and Looking Glass.

Make it so the Capcom 5 would succeed. We'd get games like Dead Phoenix and the original Red Dead Revolver.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Given the recent VICE article, I'd try to preven Sierra from being bought up and destroyed by Wall Street grifters

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Sony would not use cell, Microsoft would invest in first party, and Nintendo would be given an internet connection so they can study it and learn its ways.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I'd probably just tell Nintendo to flat out buy Squaresoft circa 1995 too ... I mean they're working on Mario games by that point anyway.
I was going to wonder if this would make Square's games less diverse... but Squeenix as-is already has problems with sexism and lack of PoC/LGBT characters. I guess it would not be worse.

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I'd advise 2K to stick with the Top Spin series.....eSports was just around the corner and a new wave a popularity for the sport was soon to come, plus all other competitors were leaving the market-giving them complete domination of the genre.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I'd erase Fortnite's existence and have Epic finish Unreal Tournament 4.

I'd also keep Genki developing racing games.

Finally, I'd keep Sega in the hardware game.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
The 32X.

Sega pushing out too many systems spread their teams thin and wasted the momentum they built with the Mega Drive. In the absence of the 32X the Saturn would have stood more of a chance.

This is simular to my wish, but I'd include the Sega CD in that too even if I have fond memories of both of them.

Have Sega not release the Sega CD or 32X and instead focus on releasing an improved Sega Saturn with better and bigger launch games.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I warn EA that the video game business collapses and they should switch to database management or something lame, and hopefully it prevents every acquisition they ever make.