• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EAUA

Banned
Nov 8, 2019
dotty-1.jpg

Dotty the Dalmatian

I lost mine in 2018

It was literally the last connection I had to my childhood.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to reclaim my first MtG packs ever - the Unlimited starter and two Antiquities boosters - just to recapture the childhood magic of it. To sixth grade me, saving up three weeks' allowance to afford the $11, they were just the greatest things ever. Still remember the rares - Gauntlet of Might and Mana Vault - and being so excited to get a Craw Wurm - 6/4 baby!

And then shuffling all 76 cards together into one gloriously terrible deck, anxiously going into school to play against everyone else's random mishmash of cards where no one had any idea what they were doing. It was all so wonderfully new and exciting.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
My Donatello ninja turtle. Only toy I kept from my childhood. My beagle, rest his soul, ate it. Chomped it all up. Cost me $800 for the surgery to remove it from his guts. Rest in peace Tubby. Beagle who consumed my childhood.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
cc012f2fef163c231e4370bdc6d8d471.jpg

Metal Voltron was the best.
Yeah he was probably king of the 80s toys.

I had the most fun with GI Joe though because my best friend and me would set up these huge battles with Cobre and GI Joe that span the entire household.

After Voltron for me Transformers were the coolest. He Man, MASK, TMNT, etc. were all a step below.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Your Mom is awesome.

I would have said a Transformer, but I have better ones made for manchildren now. So I don't want anything. Better to leave the past in the past for me.

Kaiser Swayze

Oct 30, 2017

Dark Tower. Can't find a complete set for less than $300. The art by Bob Pepper is so good I was trying to find high res files of the tiles to print onto light boxes.
tower-prints-300.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
Megaforce_strato_box_1_crop.jpg

Megaforce was like someone took a bunch of concepts from a scrapped arcade shooter and turned them all into toys. The Stratofortress was such a cool toy. It's a shame the second series never happened, because the designs for some of the vehicles were awesome.
I'm genuinely surprised somebody posted Mega Force before me as I've never met anybody else that even remembers it. This was the only toy range I collected as a kid and the only reason was that it was incredibly cheap. I used to buy them from a budget shop chain here in the UK in the early '90s and looking back it's clear they had them because they were an unsuccessful toy range that this chain bought up for super cheap.
The small packs of 3 vehicles were less than £1 and even the larger ones were only a few quid each.
I had a fair few of them, but I could only chose from whatever appeared on the shelf on any given visit and it wasn't long before they just ran out of stock.

ikhD8RfxjJAY4inu8bJ_yFldmEUodccWSzl6hbVerFE58RWGVdyj9mprjhyDAY0v2ybRBM3GQA9GRSv7ac3Ez50R4ZZD5LNpgt07reKfFe8NMJIyLA
36023ce17bfbed972e89da3ecc6a758b_111605.jpg__thumb

I've heard that one of the reasons they were unsuccessful is because having a background narrative is really important to kids in the US, they need goof guys and bad guys, etc. With Mega Force it was just two opposing armies with neither being portrayed as good or bad.

TriaxBattleTanksSCHEM.jpg

VRocsAttackHelicoptersSCHEM.jpg

VRocsVTolsLoose.jpg
ThunderwolfSCHEMATIC.jpg

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Was going to say Jetfire before I even opened the thread. You have good taste OP.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
s-l640.jpg

This thing was fucking cool. I had it and a Millennium Falcon. I can't recall at what point they disappeared, but I'm assuming my parents either chunked em in the garbage or snuck them out into a garage sale at some point.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
If I had to pick just one, I had a few Gundam models and would love to see my Epyon again. But I also remember having a couple plushes that I dearly loved. I had Stellaluna:
695d736d38fda8f332dbfce85779cc9a.jpg

But then there was the Bowser plush I got from EB Games or some long-dead chain back in the 90s when seeing a Bowser toy in the wild was rare. And the polar bear teddy that I was fond of. And a shark IIRC. And a penguin. It's hard to choose between them.

s-l640.jpg

This thing was fucking cool. I had it and a Millennium Falcon. I can't recall at what point they disappeared, but I'm assuming my parents either chunked em in the garbage or snuck them out into a garage sale at some point.
I had that X-Wing too! I had the Micro Machines Millennium Falcon tho:
vintage-star-wars-micro-machines-millennium-falcon-sealed-80-sw-bako-americanlisted_29785317.jpg

Also had these busts of characters that would open into mini playsets:
IMG_0098.JPG

I had Vader, R2D2, Chewie, 3PO, and Boba Fett. Maybe the Imperial Guard as well. Looking for pics of these reminded me how many cool playsets came out in the 90s. Got me nostalgic lol

My whole childhood Star Wars collection went to my nephew. Honestly I'm fine not getting any of it back. Started collecting 6" figs and it's been more than enough for me.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Sonic Mountain Quest. I remember playing with this when I was 5-6 years old. It was so long ago that I originally thought it was a water toy lol

a1Elb4O.jpg

HInWfXC.jpg

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i want a rudolph the rednose reindeer plush that was my favorite as a kid. i actually had it until some years back when it disappeared. my mom gave it to me and always reminded me of her. it especially meant more once she passed away which is why i was upset when i couldn't find it.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
i want a rudolph the rednose reindeer plush that was my favorite as a kid. i actually had it until some years back when it disappeared. my mom gave it to me and always reminded me of her. it especially meant more once she passed away which is why i was upset when i couldn't find it.

Did it look like this?

i4qlw2A.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
My home office is jam packed with so many Power Rangers (both original 1993, as well as modern die cast chogokin versions) that if anything my childhood self is jealous of adult me, and not the other way around.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Silver cartridge with complete Dex that someone stole.

All my toys are are still kinda intact since we just put them into boxes, and that includes all my Legos / Hot Wheels, so I don't really have to ask for them, I can just go to our storage and take it.

That Silver though, still stings. No one believed me since it was my word against an adult, but I know they stole it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This. Honestly just seeing it in motion on YouTube brings back a lot of good memories.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If I had to pick just one, I had a few Gundam models and would love to see my Epyon again. But I also remember having a couple plushes that I dearly loved. I had Stellaluna:
695d736d38fda8f332dbfce85779cc9a.jpg
Oh shit! I had that same plush bat! I had completely forgotten about it until your post. I loved mine as well, would always hang it from random stuff like the ceiling handles in the car. Was it a very popular toy?
I looked it up, I forgot there was a book that accompanied it. I ordered a copy to read to my daughter, seems good for Halloween season. Thanks for the trip down memory lane

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
The first toy I remember having was a Mego Spider-Man. I was maybe four or five years old, when one day my parents had some people over who had kids I didn't know. The kids were mean, and took the Spider-Man out of my hands and threw it over the fence while we were in the backyard. There was a guy mowing weeds behind the fence (it was all open land behind the house).

I was too small to climb the fence so once the mean strangers left, I ran around the block to the back of our fence hoping to find the Spider-Man. I never did.

To this day that memory still sticks in my mind, and might be the earliest memory I have. My poor, poor Spidey (lol). I would reclaim him!

spiderman---mego-world-s-greatest-super-heroes---12---spider-man--mint-in-box--p-image-304745-grande.jpg

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I had a bunch of Star Trek Micro Machines that I loved dearly, but my favorite was the original Enterprise. Unfortunately those warp nacelle stems were just too fragile for child play and it eventually hit the dust. I loved that toy
Star-Trek-Micro-Machines-USS-Enterprise-NCC-1701.jpg

Oct 29, 2017
As an adult today I am so jealous of the quality and detail in the wrestling toys these days. Mine as kids were two lines, the NWA/WCW ones were these big 12" rubber guys that couldn't move and we're in fixed poses. I had Giant Haystacks and some other classic AWA or NWA guys like that. Then the WWF lineup was the Hasbro ones that were better to play with, but they were all 4", all followed like 5-6 formats, rarely had up to date gimmicks and frequently just got a wrestlers outfit or gear completely wrong. They usually had opposable arms but one "special move" that had morning to do with their real life move. Like, Ric Flair action figure special move was a headlock an punch, hogan's was a big spring loaded punch, repo man was a spring loaded jump.... It was weird.

As an adult 30+ years later every once in a while I stumble upon the huge breadth of modern wrestling action figures with fully adjustable limbs and hands and I'm like "....fuck wish I could go back to being 9 playing with these..."
I was going to post my AWA battle royal wrestling set. Unlike the WWF figures, they could actually do multiple poses. They also included Ric Flair, The Road Warriors and the Fabulous Ones. I used to like NWA and AWA over WWF because the shows were more violent.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I want my Gameboy color that my mom gave to a cousin without asking me about it.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
My Star Wars toys/figures - They would probably be worth something today also. I had a X-wing etc, but I loved the, I don't know what it's called, but the speed bike? Which was supercool and fun at the time because it had a button and if you pushed it down, it sort of split in half and ejected the figure sitting on it. Had a blast playing around with that one in the bathtub.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I actually did rebuy a lot of figures I had as a kid ranging from random monsters and characters from cartoons.

VxMQTLP.jpg

The only ones I didn't get back are ones I just lost all memory of them sadly.

I would say either the Batman Forever Batcave which is just too massive to consider rebuying.

Or this thing from the Swamp Thing toyline that I got ages ago.

Jmi828P.png

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
My cousin stomped on my Shockwave on purpose and broke it. Fuck you Carl!

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
The Pokemon edition GameBoy Color and Pokemon Yellow that was stolen from me at daycare.
Or my DS and all of my DS games, that were stolen from me (out of my dorm room) during a summer internship thing during college, but that's not my childhood.

-_-

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
My mom took half of my legos and gave them to my cousins, took them randomly too so I couldn't build so many sets

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Oh shit! I had that same plush bat! I had completely forgotten about it until your post. I loved mine as well, would always hang it from random stuff like the ceiling handles in the car. Was it a very popular toy?
I looked it up, I forgot there was a book that accompanied it. I ordered a copy to read to my daughter, seems good for Halloween season. Thanks for the trip down memory lane
The book was one of the big Scholastic Book Club offerings, if you're familiar with that. They'd have book fairs at elementary schools and pass out catalogues of books & science kit type stuff. Hope your daughter enjoys it; glad I rekindled that memory for ya!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I'm genuinely surprised somebody posted Mega Force before me as I've never met anybody else that even remembers it. This was the only toy range I collected as a kid and the only reason was that it was incredibly cheap. I used to buy them from a budget shop chain here in the UK in the early '90s and looking back it's clear they had them because they were an unsuccessful toy range that this chain bought up for super cheap.
The small packs of 3 vehicles were less than £1 and even the larger ones were only a few quid each.
I had a fair few of them, but I could only chose from whatever appeared on the shelf on any given visit and it wasn't long before they just ran out of stock.

ikhD8RfxjJAY4inu8bJ_yFldmEUodccWSzl6hbVerFE58RWGVdyj9mprjhyDAY0v2ybRBM3GQA9GRSv7ac3Ez50R4ZZD5LNpgt07reKfFe8NMJIyLA
36023ce17bfbed972e89da3ecc6a758b_111605.jpg__thumb

I've heard that one of the reasons they were unsuccessful is because having a background narrative is really important to kids in the US, they need goof guys and bad guys, etc. With Mega Force it was just two opposing armies with neither being portrayed as good or bad.

TriaxBattleTanksSCHEM.jpg

VRocsAttackHelicoptersSCHEM.jpg

VRocsVTolsLoose.jpg
ThunderwolfSCHEMATIC.jpg
I friggin' loved this line! Between my brothers and I, we had the whole line except the Backlash. I always assumed V-Rocks were the bad guys and Triax were the good guys. V-Rocks had more of a Soviet aesthetic with their helicopters channeling Hinds while the Triax ones had an Apache influence.

You ever see the proposed second wave stuff? Check out the Stronghold.
stronghold-off-shot.jpg

Tell me that thing doesn't look like a boss from Raiden.