• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my mom randomly sends me pics of my childhood in the mail. This time it was toys.

1jQ4RKM.jpg

T4w1Qwj.jpg

If you could reclaim one toy from your childhood, in pristine, unboxed condition what would it be?

Honestly, I'd just love my entire bin of Lego sets back for my kids to play with.

Also, bonus points if people can link to me each of the transformers and lego product pages.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
I had a really awesome Symbiote Spider-Man action figure that had a pull-out zip line chest piece that I'm pretty sure a step brother hid and stole from me. That thing was my favorite.

Oct 28, 2017
I had a remote control Back to the Future DeLorean. I loved that thing, but it is long gone. I also lost a Luke Skywalker action figure at a diner once when I was much younger and was devastated. I still remember losing it all these years later.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Bro! Is that a diecast VF-1 Valkyrie in humanoid mode from Macross/Robotech in the pic?!

Niccce!

Edit: I would probably want my old pump action super soaker to just frame in a shadow box.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My Godzilla toys. I managed to find my Gigan and Burning Godzilla figures, but the rest are lost to time and space.

If I could get one back, it'll be my Final Wars Godzilla figure. That was the best Godzilla ever looked in my opinion until Shin Godzilla.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Meccano.

I had a set where you could build a bunch of different things with a motor:
06d4d_nu7pxQ9BsDvDb69V5DhGpDrC.jpeg

Or Lite Brite.

71G%2BNFPkLrL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
So my mom randomly sends me pics of my childhood in the mail. This time it was toys.

1jQ4RKM.jpg

T4w1Qwj.jpg

If you could reclaim one toy from your childhood, in pristine, unboxed condition what would it be?

Honestly, I'd just love my entire bin of Lego sets back for my kids to play with.

Also, bonus points if people can link to me each of the transformers and lego product pages.

Yoooooo is that "Twin Twist" under Skyfire/ Jetfire???? I had and think I still have him in the garage. That Robotech/Macross fighter is the coolest toy of all time to me.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Probably my old first gen game boy.

Not because I'd play it now, but just because I loved that damn thing.

Wogan

Oct 28, 2017
Bro! Is that a diecast VF-1 in humanoid mode from Macross/Robotech in the pic?!

Niccce!

Yes and no. It's G1 Jetfire from Transformers. Hasbro licensed the figure from Bandai but it is definitely also the VF-1. When they realised how recognisable it was they dropped the character and the toy.

i believe it was Jetfire from Transformers. Original diecast.

www.ebay.com

Original 1984 G1 Transformers Autobot Air Guardian JetFire RARE In Box | eBay

Find great deals for Original 1984 G1 Transformers Autobot Air Guardian JetFire RARE In Box. Shop with confidence on eBay!

Yep

OP
OP
CrankyJay

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooooo is that "Twin Twist" under Skyfire/ Jetfire???? I had and think I still have him in the garage. That Robotech/Macross fighter is the coolest toy of all time to me.

Lol I can't remember. The smaller one on the left was one of the transformer insects. Also, to the left of Shockwave is Grimlok. I fucking loved him.

Oct 30, 2017
Megaforce_strato_box_1_crop.jpg

Megaforce was like someone took a bunch of concepts from a scrapped arcade shooter and turned them all into toys. The Stratofortress was such a cool toy. It's a shame the second series never happened, because the designs for some of the vehicles were awesome.

OP
OP
CrankyJay

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems this was the Lego set. 6080-1

brickinsights.com

6080-1 King's Castle Reviews

Read 5 hands-on reviews for 6080-1 King's Castle, see what the average score is and check if this set is recommended. Is it good? Is it bad? Let's find out.

Dec 25, 2018
Probably the Toa Mata had most of them except Onua (by the time i was close the Nuva were out and went with that one), but you know how it is, parts go missing/break through play/moving house.

Oct 25, 2017
Jealous of that original Soundwave and Shockwave
I think I see Cliffjumper, Skyfire, Inferno, Prowl, Swoop, Slag and a couple more too.
Lucky kid!
Reveals your age too haha I'm guessing you're around 43 plus or minus a few

Oct 30, 2017
It was rad. The front section could separate into an independent aircraft, the underside was covered in bombs, it had multiple mounting points on it for additional aircraft, and it cam with a unique diecast fighter. There was also a deployable hangar on the back that was geared with the wings, so when the wings were swung out, the hangar would extend. The thing was also covered in movable turrets. It really looked like it should have been a stage boss from Aero Fighters or something.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Shogun Warriors Godzilla. I remember we were moving and my mom threw it out. I cried. Thing is worth a pretty penny now.

TOY10636_i.jpg

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
I had a bunch of DBZ toys, where you could remove their hair and replace it with the evolution.
So you could change Goku hair to SSJ1 or SSJ3...
Also, this one:
s-l400.jpg

This was my everything when I was a kid, and I wasn't even that crazy about Digimon.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
1986 g1 Predaking
predaking033.jpg

all of the toys I miss the most were either transformers or Lego sets no longer available. There were also these little awesome figures called Battle Beasts that I liked a lot.

Still if I had to pick only one it would be the Predaking.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
As an adult today I am so jealous of the quality and detail in the wrestling toys these days. Mine as kids were two lines, the NWA/WCW ones were these big 12" rubber guys that couldn't move and we're in fixed poses. I had Giant Haystacks and some other classic AWA or NWA guys like that. Then the WWF lineup was the Hasbro ones that were better to play with, but they were all 4", all followed like 5-6 formats, rarely had up to date gimmicks and frequently just got a wrestlers outfit or gear completely wrong. They usually had opposable arms but one "special move" that had morning to do with their real life move. Like, Ric Flair action figure special move was a headlock an punch, hogan's was a big spring loaded punch, repo man was a spring loaded jump.... It was weird.

As an adult 30+ years later every once in a while I stumble upon the huge breadth of modern wrestling action figures with fully adjustable limbs and hands and I'm like "....fuck wish I could go back to being 9 playing with these..."

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I had this awesome Inspector Gadget doll that I'd love to see again. It had buttons on the limbs that would make his extending arms and legs spring out, a socket in his hat to plug in various other gadgets... it was super cool.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
CGZs8aB.jpg

I barely even remember how this was, but one day I dropped it from my dresser or something....it broke and little kid me was devastated

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon cards.

I so wish I could be enthused enough to sink my money into a TCG.