• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe its a movie you love but missed out watching in the cinema. Or it could be a movie that was an incredible experience and you'd love to experience that feeling again.

What would you pick and why?

Mine -

Movie I would like to re-live: Inception. I went into it blind and coincidently had taken some pretty strong painkillers just before. This, the story and the soundtrack all added up to one hell of a psychedelic experience. I would love to relive it.

Movie I would like to have seen in the cinema for the first time: Whiplash. This is my pic for that final breathtaking scene.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jurassic Park.

I've never had quite another experience like it.

You know how Jurassic Park still looks good, even today?

Back then it looked like nothing else I'd ever seen, man.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I wish I could relive seeing Infinity War. The theater was packed (opening day) and the crowd reactions (myself included) really made it incredible.

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
Infinity war/Endgame imax midnight opening. One of the best nights of my life, such good energy in the cinema.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not so much the whole movie, but the Smaug/Biblo scene on an Imax sized screen in 3D48 was spectacular to see.

Oct 27, 2017
Endgame was the best theatrical experience I've ever had, bar none.

Being a Marvel Comics nerd since the 80s, seeing all that shit come together on screen with everyone gasping and cheering was something else.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the whole theatre being floored by The Dark Knight. I'd love to relive that.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fury Road, and not even a second thought. It's action sequences are a cinematic experience all on their own.

Easily the best time I've ever had in a theater

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Endgame for sure.

In the UK no one really reacts to movies by clapping, screaming etc. like they do in the States. But there was a group of Americans sat behind us for Endgame acting like you'd probably expect them to, at all the right moments. Usually that'd annoy the shit out of me, but its the perfect movie for that sort of atmosphere. I've never really had an experience like it.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Just in terms of watching the movie for the first time - Raiders of the Lost Ark.

For the actual movie-watching experience - Starship Troopers. It was a Friday night my junior year of HS with a group of other kids. For a number of reasons not the least of which was the movie itself, it was the most memorable experience at the movie theater I've ever had.

McEwan

Jan 30, 2020
I want to relive seeing "Ford Vs Ferrari" again.

Took my boys to see it at our cineworld and the only screen it was on was the Screen X, which is essentially a 270 panoramic screen.

My youngest always liked motor racing but my eldest was never into it so he huffed and puffed about it.

Within minutes of feeling like you were in the cars on the road, all of us were bouncing on the seats. And in one particular scene towards the end, i turned to my boys and they were in floods of tears, as was I.

We were all very happy having seen it.

The experience defines what cinema should be, at least to me.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
A tie between Return of the King and The Avengers. My brother and I still talk about the shocked look we gave each other when the Helicarrier took off.

Honorary mention for The Dark Knight. Saw that opening day in the Tuttleman Theater at the Franklin Institute.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Probably when I saw Mortal Kombat opening night back in 1995. My dad picked me up from school early, and we were in a crowd of fellow MK fans. The reactions to the fights, the Reptile reveal, Johnny Cage's nutshot on Goro, and Liu Kang's bicycle kick had us on our feet cheering our asses off.

Another one would be watching Grindhouse on opening night at a drive-in. The atmosphere was perfect, and at least Planet Terror along with the fake trailers had quite a few fellow horror fans cheering.

2nd, seeing Hereditary with 0 expectations on the cinema. Best experience with a horror movie hands down, if you have seen it, you probably know about that moment at the middle of the movie. I have never felt such a sense of dread from a movie as the one I got from that one on that moment. And the movie is just great alltogether.

This too. It was so quiet for the last 30 minutes of that movie you could hear a pin drop, and I watched as quite a few people just straight up walked out because the tension got to be too much.

Last edited:

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Singular Moment: Split. I was absolutely floored during the ending scene where Bruce Willis shows up, confirming it was a sequel to Unbreakable. I had no idea it was coming and had to pick my jaw up off the floor as it all connected.

Whole movie: Hereditary or Robocop. Two of my favourite movies.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me kinda wants to re-live The Phantom Menace just so I can witness more crushing disappointment for the audience members around me.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame on opening night was an awesome theatrical experience with everyone being so hyped and cheering at the cool parts

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to go with Star Wars A New Hope. I wasn't alive for that. Even my brother and sister would have been babies at the time. Not sure how I'd feel about the huge lines, but I guess that's part of the experience.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
300 is one. Because I passed out from being drunk the first time I saw it in theaters. Then when I saw it way later I was like damn that was good, wish I never passed out in the theater. Apparently I was snoring. A bunch of people yelled at me when I woke up at the end.

Gladiator was pretty epic.

The Matrix was probably my favorite cinema experience. Saw that shit 5 times. Only movie I've ever gone to the theater more than twice.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have two cinema experiences that jump to mind, they're the best experiences I ever had on a cinema, both pretty recent also.

1st, and probably not that surprising, Avengers Endgame, on opening night with my friends after going to see almost every marvel movie with them was incredible. My excitement was through the roof and I loved to see it and it was just a great everything.

2nd, seeing Hereditary with 0 expectations on the cinema. Best experience with a horror movie hands down, if you have seen it, you probably know about that moment at the middle of the movie. I have never felt such a sense of dread from a movie as the one I got from that one on that moment. And the movie is just great alltogether.

Edit: Oh, did not see the other question, I wasn't alive to have seen the 1st star wars in the cinema or Jurassic Park, so I would have loved to have seen one of those and been blown away by what I was seeing.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Movie I'd love to resee

mother!

What a fucking ride! Goddamn I'd love to relive that one

Movie I'd love to see in the cinema

Speed Racer

it's just so pretty! Goddamn.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Live: Mother. Person I was gonna go see it with me flaked on me so didn't get around to watch it till a couple of years after release. Fucking loved it, wish I had seen it on a big screen.

Re-Live: The Fountain. Saw it twice in theaters would love a chance to see it on imax.

Oct 29, 2017
Pacific Rim in 4D/5D or whatever the fuck it's called. That was awesome, it became one of my favorite movies of all time thanks to that experience, and the rewatches have never made my original viewing justice. I'd pay a pretty penny for a cinema rerun.

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I had seen Jurassic Park in theaters at release. I had a bed set... but was never taken to see it. Made up for it when it released in 3D but to be my middle school aged self seeing it with peers back then? Man.

I have many fond theater visits though. Hard to pick one but I'll go with the original Pirates of the Caribbean as I had a huge smile on my face the whole time, didn't expect much beyond it being something to do with the GF (now wife). When Jack Sparrow shows up... good times.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I saw Blade Runner 2049 at the Udvar-Hazy Center IMAX Theater and it was fucking mindblowing. I want to do it again

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Social Network blew me away - I went in expecting a solid Fincher flick that I'd enjoy - one of the few films I left and immediately said "yeah, that's a Top Ten of All Time for me."

The Raid 2 was just a fun experience. The audience was an absolute hoot. In the final fight there is a particular moment when like twenty people jumped out of their chairs and one dude yelled "hoooollly fuck," - it was so much fun and my best friend and I were just having an absolute blast.

Finally, The Prestige - no twist has ever gotten me better. I went back to the theater the very next day to watch it again.

Maccix

Jan 10, 2018
John Wick was pretty great going in blind. Didn't see a trailer, didn't know what it was and didn't even know it was an action movie. After the first few minutes it was a load of surprise for me so yeah that one definitely