• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zen_Master

Nov 15, 2020
Sonic Xtreme - curious what a proper 32 bit 3D Sonic game would have been like.

NZAkLt2.png

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
The premise for 'LMNO', Arkane's collab with Spielberg, seemed really unique. Lots of varied interactions, expressive characters, minimal HUD, immersive.
Sure, BioShock Infinite and other games later did the AI companion thing, but there's something about a wordless friendship between a man and an alien who travel across the US together that sounds so great. Your relationship with her would change both gameplay-wise and narratively depending on how you treat her.
Idk a classic Spielberg experience as a game could have been one truly emotional tour de force.

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
PtoPOnline might be worth subscribing to, they go into cancelled games and show off prototypes of games never released/completely overhauled.

Ghost Recon 2009 Future Soldier

Avengers FPS

Oni 2

Star Wars Battlefront 3, by Free Radical (Timesplitters)

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Wii rogue squadron collection

😔
Oh yeah, I remember seeing an interview where one of the Factor 5 guys said he has the game on disc that runs on his Wii at home... Like, the remaster was completely finished but the EA exclusivity deal stopped it's release. Maybe with the return of Lucasfilm Games we can finally play it on Switch in HD.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I remember seeing an interview where one of the Factor 5 guys said he has the game on disc that runs on his Wii at home... Like, the remaster was completely finished but the EA exclusivity deal stopped it's release. Maybe with the return of Lucasfilm Games we can finally play it on Switch in HD.
Yeah it was basically done. I just have never understood how that could have happened.

An interview with Julian E a few years ago seemed to suggest that there's no real hope of it ever surfacing again. Sure would be amazing, man - leader remains my favourite Star Wars game of all time.

AArouet

Dec 25, 2020
There was a Toy Story game that was being made for the PS3 iirc. They apparently created a lot of it but I think most of it ended up in the Disney game where you had to buy toys to play the game. Would love a Toy Story game.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Yeah it was basically done. I just have never understood how that could have happened.

An interview with Julian E a few years ago seemed to suggest that there's no real hope of it ever surfacing again. Sure would be amazing, man - leader remains my favourite Star Wars game of all time.
If I recall, the no real hope was related to the EA lockout. But with the exclusivity deal over, there could be hope. Hell, KOTOR rereleased... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aspyr.swkotor

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
There was a Toy Story game that was being made for the PS3 iirc. They apparently created a lot of it but I think most of it ended up in the Disney game where you had to buy toys to play the game. Would love a Toy Story game.
I'm pretty sure there is a toy story 3 game for PS3, the toy box mode of which formed the basis for Disney infinity. People really enjoyed it.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Here's one that I'm sure most people aren't familiar with. Dead Rush. It was a zombie survival horror game in which you had to scavenge a city to find supplies to survive. One of the mechanics though was in order to travel far enough, you would also have to scavenge cars which you could mod or fix from broken down cars. And of course, you would use the cars as weapons to kill zombies. I got to check it out at E3 one year and it looked like it had a lot of potential. I even still have the shirt they gave away too.

AArouet

Dec 25, 2020
I'm pretty sure there is a toy story 3 game for PS3, the toy box mode of which formed the basis for Disney infinity. People really enjoyed it.
Omg I just googled it and you're absolutely right. I'm super excited lol. I only started gaming again recently so I'm embarrassed to say I never knew this. I read a kotaku story on a canceled Toy Story game so I assumed one was never made.

Thank you for this. Definitely going to give this a play through.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
The game title could also be translated at "Frost." I mostly only have the text translated from the Pathologic discord, but the game would have been a sci-fi romance story. The devs cited A Song of Ice and Fire as a primary inspiration.

Edit: Page 51
archive.org

In The Society Of Dead Poets (English) : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Scanned, translated and archived article from the second edition of the (now defunct) Swedish video game magazine Fienden. Originally published in 2013, the...
Sort of like IPL's take on living in the world of Metro2033, minus the nuclear war. It wouldn't be action oriented from the sound of it, so I'm in.
I never knew I wanted them to make something so much

Aside from just now learning of this game's mere ideational existence:
DNF 2001
Half Life 3 as well as Ep4 from Arkane
Project Offset before Intel bought the company and shelved it.
Halo1 when it was still an RTS

Frontier's The Outsider

Captain Blood

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Omg I just googled it and you're absolutely right. I'm super excited lol. I only started gaming again recently so I'm embarrassed to say I never knew this. I read a kotaku story on a canceled Toy Story game so I assumed one was never made.

Haha enjoy. I think it's even considered the best toy story game, and people really loved the toy box mode, with or without kids.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
Project Copernicus, it probably would've turned out to be a standard theme park MMO, but I would love to just walk around whatever skeleton environments were built by the time development stopped.

Mr. Nice_Guy

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember if a prototype or the like even existed for FFT2 but it would be that. If ZOE 3 ever made it past concept then it would absolutely be that instead.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Sonic Xtreme - curious what a proper 32 bit 3D Sonic game would have been like.

NZAkLt2.png
Always loved the way footage of this game looks. I really like the fisheye lens, and I like how it actually feels like a 3D version of 2D Sonic gameplay and levels and not whatever they ended up doing with Sonic Adventure onwards.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Unrelated but it was always neat to me how the three Toy Story games that were explicit tie-ins were all pretty damn decent, especially for licensed games but in their own right as well. Despite being 5-10 years apart and being totally different in terms of gameplay. (Going by reputation for 3 here, but the first two slapped for sure)

Toy_Story_Video_Game_SNES.png

s-l500.jpg

Toy_Story_3_Cover_Art.jpg

RedSpring

Aug 23, 2020
The completed but unreleased Star Wars: Rouge Squadron collection for the Wii by Factor 5 is my holy grail. The game is already a looker on the GameCube and I would love to see how they improved it on the Wii as well as the new swordfighting and speeder race modes. I would do nasty things to play a copy.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
I've always wanted to play the pre-Bad Fur Day Build of Conker 64. I'm really glad they made Bad Fur Day instead (god I love that game), but it'd be a fun bit of history to mess with.

The completed but unreleased Star Wars: Rouge Squadron collection for the Wii by Factor 5 is my holy grail. The game is already a looker on the GameCube and I would love to see how they improved it on the Wii as well as the new swordfighting and speeder race modes. I would do nasty things to play a copy.

I especially want to see how the N64 game turned out. It doesn't seem like there's footage of it in the trailer and I'm curious if they remade the campaign or if it's more in line with the PC port.

I'm still holding out hopes for a re-release, old Star Wars console games have been getting more ports in the last year or two. Plus the next Star Wars movie is literally named "Rogue Squadron". Give an HD re-release of this collection around the time the movie comes out and you couldn't make a better money printing machine than that.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Warcraft Adventures...man I'd kill for more point and click adventure games

The full Warcraft Adventures game leaked a few years ago. Its completely playable from start to finish with only some minor issues.

Starcraft Ghost
Tribes Extreme (added in single player plus more multiplayer maps to tribes 1)
Skull & Bones (until it actual gets released, if ever)

Again, a playable alpha/beta version of Starcraft Ghost leaked a while back. From what I recall it has several levels, but its pretty rough.

StarErik

Oct 27, 2017
The Banjo-Kazooie remake for the OG Xbox, before the development shifted. Or Donkey Kong Racing for the GameCube.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
PtoPOnline might be worth subscribing to, they go into cancelled games and show off prototypes of games never released/completely overhauled.

Ghost Recon 2009 Future Soldier

Avengers FPS

Oni 2

Star Wars Battlefront 3, by Free Radical (Timesplitters)

Thank you for the kind words.

Project Haggar (Halo Megabloks game) that was in development back in like 2013. I would love for 343 to revisit this and flesh it out.
I knew I should have had that video pulled for reuploading my video, it gets too much attention when my original still exists.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
I was always curious about Fortress, the Grin Final Fantasy. It would have been neat to see based on some of the concept art and the music that eventually came out had Square Enix allowed the project to continue.

Ivalice is still a great setting, and I'd love to see it returned to in its own modern title.