• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The world seemed more nocturnal and just plain better and than what we got.

Megaman Legends 3. Megaman is still stuck... poor Megaman. At this point a fangame should just be released to get him off the moon.

Fez II. What would be a followup to one of the best puzzle/exploration games ever.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from Prey 2, Star Wars 1313, and Scalebound, I would choose the destruction-focused version of Crackdown 3:

I would even be satisfied with just this limited tech demo, just to be able to mess around in it

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
Scalebound. Don't care how shit everybody else thought it looked. An action -rpg where you can ride a dragon? Sign me the fuck up.

I couldn't say it better, yeah, the protagonist was shit and a copy of Nero, but an action RPG made by Platinum with a dragon ? It was my dream game :(

Others that come to mind are Versus XIII, The Legend Of Zelda tech demo for Wii U and Star Wars 1313

I would also love to play the hookman build

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017

Didn't it just. I just couldn't get into Let It Die because of the F2P mechanics. For the sort of experience it was, I would have been happy to just have a standard "Buy it and play it" release rather than a Rogue-lite Souls-like that wanted you to pay MTs if you were doing poorly.

I always start off crap, you won't make me like your game much if you reinforce that to the point I don't want to progress to get better. 🤷‍♀️

May 31, 2018
Virtua Fighter 3 for the Saturn just to see a good car crash

Killer Instinct 2 for SNES for same reason as above

Resident Evil "1.5" because it looked creepy and isolating

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
RE 1.5 (Hopefully fans can recreate a full game out of what's been dumped)

Resident Evil 0 - curious if they cut any interesting ideas out.

Fear Effect 3

WWF Backlash

Castlevania 32X

Akira Sega CD and SNES

Aeon Flux PS1

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Earthbound 64, because amazing how mother 3 was.... i would play it with N64 graphic.... pretty sure the game was on pretty advance level.

basefree

Jan 24, 2018
This Prince of Persia game. Footage of this sat dormant for 8 years and nobody even noticed it until earlier this year. Amazing stuff, imagine how cool this would have been back then:

Last edited:

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
FFVII N64 version
FF Versus XIII/FFXV Prototype
RE4 Prototype
Silent Hills
Mario 128
Mother/Earthbound 64
Ura Zelda

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Traxion, because literally no other portable game has yet to offer what it does. The closest game to come out like this is AudioSurf, but I can't play that on my Vita/3DS/Switch/Mobile Phone.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Amen:the awakening.

it was a "to scale" FPSwith a story that was pretty neat as a setup. There was this event called the awakening where like 1/10th the earth population woke up as sociopathic killers and anarchy immediately ensued.

sadly, cave dog bit off way more then it could chew in terms of projects at once and the studio went under.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There are several versions of this, each at different completion amounts. The one that is public is often referred to as the 40% build, there are two that are much more complete. Even the most complete is still missing a fair amount though.
Only one real build leaked, the rest are hacks based on it.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
220px-Agent_video_game_cover.jpg

or

Hideo Kojima's Silent Hills

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII
  • Van Buren Fallout 3
  • Silent Hills
  • The original vision for Sonic 2. Also Sonic 3 Complete with the original level order and transitions.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars 1313 and Amy Hennig's Star Wars project.

It sucks that both uncharted-esque Star Wars games got cancelled

stn

Oct 28, 2017
WWF Backlash (N64), Prey 2, Goldeneye XBLA, Frame City Killer (X360), and the Darth Maul action game.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Simsville. It was supposed to exist as a middle ground between the city management level of Simcity and the household portrayed in the Sims. Basically a neighborhood simulator. You'd be able to import your Sims into it to populate your neighborhoods and then give them stuff to do by creating coffee shops, movie theaters, parks, etc.

I was pretty obsessed with The Sims and Simcity 3000 at the time so the idea of having a third "Sim Pillar" was very appealing to me. I'd often check the website for news.

Unfortunately the game was cancelled in 2001, probably because it'd be made redundant by the extended neighbourhood features in The Sims 2 and according to the people who played the E3 demos, the game just wasn't fun or interesting to play.

Looks kind of like a sequel to SimTown.

LuckyHit

Oct 27, 2017
So many games I could list... Most of the games I care about were already posted!
I guess I would add Coded Arms Assault for PS3. I thought the original Coded Arms on PSP was an alright game, but Assault looked awesome! Although, from what I saw in the gameplay trailers, it looked like it would have been a bog standard FPS game, no cool flips or swords-blocking-bullets action from the trailers. The world, environments, and enemies look so cool though.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Garou-2.jpg

There's a Garou 2 prototype which never before seen animations with new characters. It may still comeback in a 3D incarnation but it would've been fascinating to see what the original incarnation could have looked like