• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xclusion

Nov 8, 2017
I love this question... There are a few that I'd absolutely love the chance to play - even in whatever unfinished state they were in. There are a good number of games that we either know were pretty far along in development or even close to being finished. It'd be hard to pick one...

There are some obvious (and good) picks, like Star Wars 1313, Pray 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 3, FF Versus XIII, the seemingly dozens of cancelled Legacy of Kain games over the years... but there was one cancelled game that I feel like I'm the only one who actually cared about playing: Highlander.

220px-Highlander_Cover.png

0015418.jpg

gamthehighlander530.jpg

highlandersmall.jpg

Was there any chance for this game to be much more than a swimming-in-sevens? Probably not. But ugh, I really thought Highlander was such an untapped potential for video games, and I just really wanted to play through this surely mediocre time-spanning action game!

Came to post this and Star Wars 1313, you're not alone bro I discovered the series late and binged it then found all the movies seemed like this game popped up just as I had finished all the media in that universe.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure it never actually existed outside PR bullshit, and we'll see what we actually get, but the pitch for dying light 2 was really compelling

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Would love to have played that Dirty Harry game, but I also imagine it would never have lived up to expectations.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
During the PS1 era Konami was working on Kumite: The Fighter's Edge, which was supposed to be a realistic fighting game that utilized more weighty physics, a damage system, 360 degree movement, etc. It seemed incredibly ambitious but was eventually scrapped.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
[QUOTE="Shpeshal Ed, post: 54864706, member: 1721"

Also Megabloks Halo:

[/QUOTE]

Ive basically shown nearly everything that existed for Halo Megabloks unfortunately.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
My vote would be for Destiny 1 before the internal reshuffling of the story/campaign. I really want to see the original storyline they had intended.

Halo Wars 3

www.eurogamer.net

Halo Wars 3 concept art reveals failed pitch

Concept art for Halo Wars 3 has been released, revealing cancelled pitch material.Brad Wright, a senior concept artist …
I work at Creative Assembly and I wanted this so bad! I've talked endlessly to devs about how much I loved Blitz mode in HW2 too. They seem pretty proud of Awakening the Nightmare as a piece of DLC though. I hope one day Microsoft and 343 revisit the possibility of more Halo Wars.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury.

Stargate SG-1: The Alliance at least entire playthroughs of multiple levels come out a few years ago. I don't think anybody actually knows how far Secret of Vulcan Fury got before they canned it.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I also say Star Wars 1313 and the star wars game headed by amy henning/jade Raymond which was cancelled despite sounding awesome.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Just to see what was developed, Starcraft: GHost.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Sonic X-Treme on Saturn. I know some tech demos have leaked out but I want to see what it would have looked like in a finished state.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Mother 3 N64 (or at least know what the plot differences were - apparently exists and it's playable up to a certain, very early point)
Duke Nukem Forever 2001 (exists, it's mostly playable but needs Gearbox's permission to release)
"80% complete" Resident Evil 1.5 (a collector owns it, currently leaked version is vastly more incomplete)
I'd also love to play Nintendo's early prototypes for most games, even for stuff that was eventually released. What we are able to play due to leaks is great: "super_donkey" is very interesting, Star Fox 2 was a completely different game, etc.

Jan 4, 2018
I work at Creative Assembly and I wanted this so bad! I've talked endlessly to devs about how much I loved Blitz mode in HW2 too. They seem pretty proud of Awakening the Nightmare as a piece of DLC though. I hope one day Microsoft and 343 revisit the possibility of more Halo Wars.

I'm a huge Halo Wars fan and I hope that HW3 will happen someday (still remember the HW2 announcement as a "one more thing" in 2015, that was fantastic, I had almost gave up to see a new game at this point as it was 6 years since the original game released in 2009 and Ensemble was gone). And these space battles concepts sounded very cool.

Nov 28, 2017
Deep Down
Agent
Eight Days
Super Mario 128
True Crime: Hong Kong
TimeSplitters 4
Goldeneye XBLA
Fez 2
Perfect Dark Core
Star Wars 1313
Resident Evil 1.5
P.T./Silent Hills
Scalebound

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
All the post Shenmue 2 content produced on the Dreamcast :,(

Shenmue 3 was a grave disappointment (for me), definitely died back when

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bamco's MP4 before switching back to Retro.

Curious why they have to cancel that and switch development team. It can't be that bad...

Even one screenshot.

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
Trigun: The Planet Gunsmoke.

It's nothing but a 19 second teaser or whatever, but I still want it. If Gungrave and Gungrave Overdose are any indicator, though, it would've been a middling game that I'd love.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
RE4 Hookman, love the concept and how it was going to mix OTS with fixed camera, RE4 was good but Hookman looked special,wish it happened.

Gibbs

Oct 25, 2017
West Virginia
Scalebound is one of those games that I really wanted to play. Id also settle for the 007 XBLA port.

Another is WWE Wrestlefest that was suppose to come to Xbox, but never did. =( It did release on android and iphone but got delisted when THQ went under.

Dec 25, 2018
My vote would be for Destiny 1 before the internal reshuffling of the story/campaign. I really want to see the original storyline they had intended.

Love HW1 and HW2, having been introduced to RTS through Empire at War the hints of a mix of ground combat and space battles in the pitch art has me more disappointed the pitches didn't go further. If for nothing else would love to see a HW3 to continue/conclude things with the Spirit of Fire crew.

Prey 2/SW:1313 its a shame that between their cancellation and the release of The Mandalorian that nobody seems to want to tackle the concept of Space Bounty Hunter in a cyberpunk city.