• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
GLVBtfA.jpg

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna be real disappointed in yall if I opened this thread without seeing someone say Mega Man Legends 3.

Oct 27, 2017
That's a tough one.

I would like to play RE0 N64 version, the various RE4 versions, Mega Man FPS, RE5 the original version and the beta versions of the GTA3 era games.

Edit: Oh and Call of Doom.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
The original Team Fortress 2 with vehicles, a Commander unit (like the one that would appear in Battlefield years later) and realistic military stuff.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
That game was literally stolen through publisher politics and it cuts to the core of me every time I think about it.

For those that got excited and disappointed in Cyberpunk, THIS was basically going to be the cyberpunk (more like Sci-fi Bounty Hunter) game everyone was gonna have an awesome time wirh, and Human Head would keep making awesome games after it.

If Bethesda didn't destroy it purposely to try to buy out Human Head and put too much pressure to make them sell themselves though obtuse and unrealistic development milestones, breaking the studio in the process and canceling the game.

The fact that they used the name of the game series for a completely different game after the fact was a massive lick of salt in the wound. And I can't possibly forgive Bethesda as a company for this.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I would have loved to experience the original planned story for Final Fantasy XIV prior to it being rushed out the door. I know that the gameplay was apparently really bad, but the early city state storyline of 1.0 was incredibly fascinating. It doesn't even cover the full introductory story arcs, but it was laying the groundwork for a great story. FFXIV still ended up with a fantastic story, but I'm still curious about what could have been.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
For me, I would love to play a full version of RE4's "Hookman" build.

Inb4, lots of replies will be about P.T./Silent Hills :p

Glad to see this was your answer OP, glad I'm not the only one. Those first two trailers for beta RE4 just engrossed me, and had me so excited about the game thinking about how creepy and amazing it would be. Was a massive RE fan back then and couldn't wait to play it (bought a Gamecube just for the RE series being exclusive at that time)

I'll never forget the day that I received that Game Informer issue with RE4 as the main feature with the first info in almost 2 years. Opened it so excited, expecting to see more of the RE4 that we'd already seen.... only to see it was all gone, replaced with... the RE4 we have now, ugh.

I still pray that somewhere out there is that beta version of RE4 and it gets leaked someday. I still have hope that I'll get to experience the true Resident Evil 4, the one game that I was probably most excited about ever.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Baten Kaitos DS.

I think the series would have had a decent shot on the system with touch screen controls complimenting the card battle system well.

Oct 28, 2017
Stargate SG1 The Alliance

Very first video game I followed from announcement. I joined my very first game forum for this game. I learned what E3 was because of this game. My excitement for it was through the roof. My love for Stargate knows no bounds and the dream video game was coming.

Then it got cancelled out of the blue and it broke my heart. I actually got a bunch of kids at school to sign an online petition to save the game. At the time I had hope that online petitions could make a difference.

No cancellation of anything has hit me like the cancellation of Stargate SG1 The Alliance. I would do anything to have the game see the light of day.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Dem HL2 continuations. That Laidlaw written plot summary sounded like fire.

I know there was no indication the full game would have been like this but P.T. is definitely up there. Seeing how they would have stretched that out to a full length game would've been interesting to experience to say the least. I could imagine most of the core campaign would be in third person with the fp hallway segments interspersed throughout as a way of illustrating the more psych horror themes of the story. I'll always want a return to SH2's more psych horror focus :/

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
I love this question... There are a few that I'd absolutely love the chance to play - even in whatever unfinished state they were in. There are a good number of games that we either know were pretty far along in development or even close to being finished. It'd be hard to pick one...

There are some obvious (and good) picks, like Star Wars 1313, Pray 2, Half-Life 2 Episode 3, FF Versus XIII, the seemingly dozens of cancelled Legacy of Kain games over the years... but there was one cancelled game that I feel like I'm the only one who actually cared about playing: Highlander.

220px-Highlander_Cover.png

0015418.jpg

gamthehighlander530.jpg

highlandersmall.jpg

Was there any chance for this game to be much more than a swimming-in-sevens? Probably not. But ugh, I really thought Highlander was such an untapped potential for video games, and I just really wanted to play through this surely mediocre time-spanning action game!

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
I love the old GBC and GBA tech demos (think Katakis 3D or that ridiculously impressive voxel version of Banjo Pilot).

I think my number one might be this weird third person shooting game for the GBA called Radium:

It probably wouldn't have played great, but it would have been super interesting.

Desparadina

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
maybe not neccesarily canceled since it became FFXV but I really want to play whatever Nomura's intended vision for Final Fantasy Versus 13 was. I waited so long only for FFXV to disappoint me.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The Agency on PS3 (back when it was a 3rd person game). I'm still mad it got cannned.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Mother 64 I suppose. Or that team based FPS Xcom game. Or CnC Renegade 2.

Sorry that's three.

Oh, Fallout 3 (Van Buren). Let me go that alternate universe.