• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For me, I would love to play a full version of RE4's "Hookman" build.

Inb4, lots of replies will be about P.T./Silent Hills :p

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2019
Scalebound. Don't care how shit everybody else thought it looked. An action -rpg where you can ride a dragon? Sign me the fuck up.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
There's a Dirty Harry game that sounded super cool on Xbox 360. There are a lot of games from that era, mostly crime games, that sounded super compelling.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we lump all of the cancelled Half-Life 2 episode projects into one request?

Jan 4, 2018
Halo Wars 3

www.eurogamer.net

Halo Wars 3 concept art reveals failed pitch

Concept art for Halo Wars 3 has been released, revealing cancelled pitch material.Brad Wright, a senior concept artist …

Perfect Dark: Core

www.unseen64.net

Perfect Dark Core/Vengeance [Xbox 360 - Cancelled / Prototype] - Unseen64

Preserving Details, Screenshots, Videos & more Lost Media for Perfect Dark Core/Vengeance [Xbox 360 - Cancelled / Prototype] Help us to remember cancelled video games!

GoldenEye XBLA

Conker Bad Fur Day 2: Other Bad Day

www.unseen64.net

Conker's Bad Fur Day 2: Other Bad Day [Cancelled - GameCube, Xbox] - Unseen64

Preserving Details, Screenshots, Videos & more Lost Media for Conker's Bad Fur Day 2: Other Bad Day [Cancelled - GameCube, Xbox] Help us to remember cancelled video games!

Last edited:

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Either True Fantasy Live Online
713.jpg

or

BC for the Xbox
maxresdefault.jpg

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy Versus XIII we know what we got as XV was not the original story. Would love to see what they actually had envisioned.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
BC, for sure.
I would've loved to see its potential realised.

Honourable mention to Goldeneye XBLA, which was rumoured to be more or less complete when it was cancelled.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Simsville. It was supposed to exist as a middle ground between the city management level of Simcity and the household portrayed in the Sims. Basically a neighborhood simulator. You'd be able to import your Sims into it to populate your neighborhoods and then give them stuff to do by creating coffee shops, movie theaters, parks, etc.

I was pretty obsessed with The Sims and Simcity 3000 at the time so the idea of having a third "Sim Pillar" was very appealing to me. I'd often check the website for news.

Unfortunately the game was cancelled in 2001, probably because it'd be made redundant by the extended neighbourhood features in The Sims 2 and according to the people who played the E3 demos, the game just wasn't fun or interesting to play.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019

Goldeneye XBLA. That should be playable on Series X right now lol

Check out Perfect Dark for XBLA when you get the chance.

My vote goes to the cancelled Vanquish/Metroid Prime-looking Megaman Game called "Maverick Hunter"

I'm a sucker for when Capcom tries to experiment with Megaman and have really enjoyed what comes out on the other side(For example the Zero series, Battle Network, Legends, etc). I'm betting a fully realized version of this game would have been pretty fun stuff.