• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
3396593_orig.jpg

My knee jerk answer is Greek mythology, but that would come would us being subservient to beings who generally don't seem to care whether we live or die unless we bring them merit

so nothing would change

Other than that I'm a fan of reincarnation/Buddhism from what little I know of it

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
The Satanic Temple never seemed too bad. Their beliefs are ok. I'd probably go with that one since they don't actually believe in some supernatural being ruling all. Their 7 tenets sound pretty okay to follow.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
ETsVGzaU4AAe9Mt.jpg

as a close 3rd, behind the Force/Jedi/Sith and that Egg video I shared.

/s

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Unitarian Universalist - they're REALLY flexible in their thinking, welcome pretty much everyone. UU people are alright by me, and I can't stand organized religion.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably one of the polytheistic religions, having a pantheon of gods or spirits is way cooler than some singular supreme being. Extra points if the gods are just people who did really cool shit and attained divinity.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
LaVeyan Satanism. You get to hang out at weird parties with Ming the Merciless and his celebrity friends.

Satan-Sammy-Davis-Jr-Anton-Lavey.jpg
7kyvczyffyiz.jpg

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
For a moment I thought you meant correcting the actual religion as experienced in the world by people, not the beliefs/gods being real.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Depends. Which religion will bring about the end of the world the soonest?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Lmao my first thought was Greek Mythology as well but then my 2nd thought was "wait that would be terrible" just like your realization lol

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Truthfully I prefer not to give beings great power over me, which is a lot of religions, even if benevolent. Not sure what I'd really pick

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Tabletop RPG gods just because they give tangible divine powers to their priests and oracles(prophets).

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Shintoism or Sikhism. Especially the latter.
Sikhs are the least fallible I've known in all my travels.

viciouskillersquirrel

Cheering your loss
Oct 25, 2017
The Satanic Temple never seemed too bad. Their beliefs are ok. I'd probably go with that one since they don't actually believe in some supernatural being ruling all. Their 7 tenets sound pretty okay to follow.
Their beliefs are basically Objectivism without Ayn Rand. It's a demonstrably evil belief system.

EDIT: My answer is The Good Place.