• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
TheTourist-001-1068x601.jpg

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Pokemon. Sure, it has its own share of danger but the convenience and wonder are above all I think. The fact most humans can befriend some Pokemon even if not a trainer is a huge plus.

Is it not still a world where everyone and their mother are sanctioned to be beating each others pets unconscious? Any kind of realism added to that makes it a nightmare dystopia. Basically that first fight from the Origins anime but with blood and guts (this is referenced a lot in the lore, its just the games and anime do not shot that).

Feel like im living in crazy town with so many people wanting this to be a thing. Micheal Vick's ideal reality.

Last edited:

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Kirby so I can eat and be protected by Kirby.

Also calling it now: this is Phantom Thief's/Thr One Who Knocks' alt account.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Doom

Couldn't say It wouldn't be exciting, plus I'd live in a world with a constant Metal soundtrack playing 24/7.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Pokemon world sounds pretty sweet. Animal buddies who shoot lasers and shit at each other. Going on country wide adventures with them at ten years old. The worst people in the world are pretty goofy and nowhere as bad as real like atrocities. Like, this dude totally wants to control the world, but he gives up cause I was super effective against his Rhydon or whatever.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The worst people in the world are pretty goofy and nowhere as bad as real like atrocities. Like, this dude totally wants to control the world, but he gives up cause I was super effective against his Rhydon or whatever.

They almost succeed in doing shit like either flooding the world or killing everyone except the chosen few elite. Nobody in our world is doing that. There's usually some world ending threat.
Even the most grounded team rocket starts with them killing cubones mother while on a poaching spree or whatever (poachers/killers who kind of just hang around town in uniform).

Last edited:

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I mean that's sort of like real life anyway except better? Since you don't need money so you can do whatever during your days plus villagers move out every so often and you get new ones.
And I'd rather a tarantula than getting mugged, and moving furniture is easy since it fits into your pocket and moving it around takes no effort.
At least it's better than Pokemon where you're enslaving an entire species to work for you.
Is it not still a world where everyone and their mother are sanctioned to be beating each others pets unconscious? Any kind of realism added to that makes it a nightmare dystopia. Basically that first fight from the Origins anime but with blood and guts (this is referenced a lot in the lore, its just the games and anime do not shot that).

Feel like im living in crazy town with so many people wanting this to be a thing. Micheal Vick's ideal reality.

Yeah, I agree that there is some ethical issues in Pokemon to be sure. And honestly if living in that world it would probably be an area of be interested in pursuing. In some ways this is more of a reason to take it than Animal Crossing. In AC, as much as I love the games they are all very much a hide away and relax type of game. If it was constant and permanent I'm not sure what I would do. When it is just purely relaxing and fun with then occasional grumpy villager it feels without any sort of goal or aim. Other than the excitement and despair of turnip prices I'm not sure what else there is. Meeting animals, collecting things, making friends. Minigames.

I think in Pokemon at least the people are more than the AC animal archetypes. They have lives, friends, etc. It is far from a perfect world but that is what makes it more interesting.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I've always loved the water in Super Mario Sunshine, would be nice to swim in it and relax in Delfino Plaza.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, one of those sex games I guess

If I'm gonna be stuck, I might as well fuck

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Post-Reaper recovery Mass Effect, or pre-Mars Mass Effect.

Pretty much, any point in the Mass Effect timeline where I could still be a human, but not harvested by a Reaper.

Nov 4, 2017
Crackdown 3. Hear me out:

• No matter how heinous a crime I commit, they police only send out two cars in response.
  • I can defeat those police by punching their car as they exit it.
  • I can hide behind a building for 30 seconds and the police give up.
  • Anybody who tried to kill me would just step mindlessly side to side while shooting blindly
  • I could collect orbs and become a skyscraper jumping god
After a few easy bank robberies, I could retire somewhere nice and live like a king.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Myst. I'd get to explore the existing worlds, and the premise of the series allows for me to create endless new ones.