• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 25, 2017
With the preface that you wouldn't know you've gone back in time to your childhood let's say 10yo and also your life would pan out exactly the same (like a rewind with no changes)

would you do it?

I would in a heartbeat personally

Mr. Robot

Oct 30, 2017
There's no point in this question.
You wouldn't know anyway
No time travel shenanigans

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
how do I know that hasn't happened?
That's what I was thinking too. How would I know?

Edit: I think we were thinking he meant, we would be our younger self on the outside and OP meant that we'd watching from the outside without the ability to interact with anything, not even visually ...and our younger self wouldn't know we've gon back in time...?

Edit2: No? It's first person reliving? And our current self wouldn't know that we went back?? Huh? I don't get it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
Sure, I would love to go back to poverty, bullying, the army, bad jobs and a lot of bad choices without the chance to change them one bit.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
you'd still experience the best things you've ever experienced though

ofc ymmv but you'd go through the highest highs again and your "first times" etc

the joy would be there
But again, without knowing you're reliving it... it's just life. It's literally pointless if you don't have awareness of doing it. You're not extending your life, you're not living longer, you're just living your one singular life.

Like you'd say "yes I'll do it" and then nothing tangible happens because you already lived your life and didn't actually experience it a second time.

OP
OP
nogoodnamesleft
Oct 25, 2017
But again, without knowing you're reliving it... it's just life. It's literally pointless if you don't have awareness of doing it. You're not extending your life, you're not living longer, you're just living your one singular life.

Like you'd say "yes I'll do it" and then nothing tangible happens because you already lived your life and didn't actually experience it a second time.

but since you don't know you've travelled in time you would still be in a body and mind experiencing it "the first time" if you get me

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Nope

The only appeal to something like that is making better use of your time. Take that out and it's worthless imo

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I may or may not have made a chart ranking years of my life based on how much I'd want to relive them exactly like this. That's normal, right?

Only in my version I know I'm time traveling but can't actually change anything.

I also compare it to a chart of doing this but I know I'm time traveling and CAN change thing but they don't impact the present at all.

2nd grade, 7th grade, 10th grade, 11th grade and all of 2019 are my top five.

OP
OP
nogoodnamesleft
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I guess I feel a bit blessed feeling I lived with higher highs that I would kill to experience again😭

first kiss first love first job graduating feeling first time playing wow LOL

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
No way, that would basically be commiting suicide.
The me 10 years ago is basically not me, neither physically or mentally. That guy can go fuck himself.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Is this a "I'm in the same body" situation or a "I'm my current age" situation?

If I'm in the same body, probably not, but I'd love to experience 1995 as an adult, so if I can go back as my current age I'd jump at that opportunity.

My only stipulation is that I can return to the "current" time at any moment, I don't want to be stuck 25 years in the past.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In this situation you'd be stuck in a loop right? I'll live the next 10 years over and over forever without even knowing it.

I'm good. I'm much more excited to live the next 10 years of my life than the last 10.

OP
OP
nogoodnamesleft
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point if you don't know?

not knowing is the best part! I guess I don't really have many things I would change in my past I mean it hasn't been all great living but most things that happened I believehappened for a reason and I wouldn't change much and I would love to experience the firsts for so many things again and if you "know" they wouldn't be firsts

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I'd need to know shit; I've made many many bad decisions (Largely in relationships and the follow up) but I've also made a few choices I'd never change and met some good people off the back of those.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
not knowing is the best part!

Not knowing is actually the worst part. Your scenario is no different from the reality we're living in.

Hey OP, I'm here to tell you this exact scenario happened to you. So how was it? Just like a normal life? One that you've only lived once?

You need to remember living your life the first time when you go back for this to make any difference. Otherwise it's like no time travel happened at all.

I don't think you've quite thought this through. :P

OP
OP
nogoodnamesleft
Oct 25, 2017
Not knowing is actually the worst part. Your scenario is no different from the reality we're living in.

Hey OP, I'm here to tell you this exact scenario happened to you. So how was it? Just like a normal life? One that you've only lived once?

You need to remember living your life the first time when you go back for this to make any difference. Otherwise it's like no time travel happened at all.

I don't think you've quite thought this through. :P

oh I've definitely thought it through! Take me back! I want to play WoW for the first time again!! 😂😂😂😬😬

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
oh I've definitely thought it through! Take me back! I want to play WoW for the first time again!! 😂😂😂😬😬
OP, I'm a wizard. I just snapped my fingers and caused you to relive your life. You don't remember it, but you can trust me, I definitely did it. No need to thank me. :)

And actually I just did it again for good measure.

blaze

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a completely pointless choice, you have no knowledge of any of it so like others have said this exact scenario could be happening to you right now and you'd never know. Your memories are what make those firsts special, without those memories you're just repeating your life over again - you'd just end up trapped in a time bubble making the same decision over and over again unaware that you're actually doing it.