• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Preface: Let's assume you can afford to go or get free flight hotel to go.

So if you got free tix to go to any sporting event in the world what would you pick?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
am i going with others? if so then it's something golf related and i'm sitting in a fancy tent thing. that was some of the most ace shit when i went to the national a few years back

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to assume we can choose the result, so like going to a clinching game of a seven-game series. It would be kind of a bummer to see a game-six where the result is a tied series, or have a ticket for a game-seven that never happens. Also assuming that we can pick the seat in the venue as well.

I'd like to see an NBA championship courtside. There's not another sporting event where the players could literally fly into the crowd at a moments notice like that.

Wimbledon, for the atmosphere, also would be amazing. It'd be kind of a disappointment if none of the "big three" were involved though.

I'd kinda want to see a sumo tournament in Japan. That seems like it'd be an experience. Who knows, I might get bored after 20 minutes though, and it might be too difficult to navigate with the language barrier and all.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
small-d822563fd9d5c15c.jpg

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
A Stanley Cup finals where my favorite team is playing or Olympic hockey finals.

Maybe basketball finals in the 2020 Olympics, mostly because it'd be a free trip to Tokyo

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
El Clásico or a match of the Champion's League final with either Real Madrid or Juventus in the match. Or the Derby d'Italia!

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I was gonna say the World Cup but the next one's in Qatar so fuck that. I'll go with the Tokyo Olympics just an excuse to go to Japan.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Can I go back in time as well?

2010 Men's Hockey Finals. Lived it with friends, but wish I could have been there.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to go to the Rose Bowl, especially during a year it's a semifinal. Seems really cool, with all the tradition and whatnot.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Do you mean one event (like the grand final for example?) or an entire event?

Because if I get to go to every FIFA World Cup game in 2026...then that's the easy choice. I can't even imagine how that's going to work with games being hosted all over the US, plus Canada and Mexico. Would be a fucking fortune to get around.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
F1 Monaco race just to try and sneak into the parties. lol

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Whichever one I can sell for the most money. If that's not allowed then the next Super Bowl I guess; it's the only sporting event I really watch.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
World Cup Final probably, Maybe a test match but hard to know which one. Maybe the boxing day Ashes test at the MCG but only if we don't get destroyed which we almost certainly will...(that's cricket btw septics)

Last edited:

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the nba usa dream team play would of been amazing. But as for the future... i would say the tokyo summer Olympics would be great or nba finals game where the lakers are at home.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Ive been to the World Cup amd it was amazing, and I only went to 2 matches in the group stage. Having money/time for the entire competition would be the best thing ever, a whole month traveling an unknown country and watching football? YES!

If it would be just one match then I would probably prefer a Libertadores final (that involved Corinthians), but starting this year we have this shitty "neutral stadium" and "single match final" so I bet a lot of the atmosphere will be lost. I think a game 7 of the NBA, sitting a few meters from the players would be the next best thing.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
of the things i haven't done yet? so many things. can't nail it to just one

i wanna go to the phoenix open and watch a round on hole 16
catch a night race at bristol or an f1 grand prix race at spa or monaco
football world cup final would be dope
watching the all blacks play at home in nz
catch a cricket match at lord's
wimbeldon final
olympics basketball or ice hockey finals
and the superbowl, of course. but an afl grand final would be amazing too

if it's just one, then I'm catching a match at old trafford.