• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Spec Ops: The Line

It's a messy game that doesn't quite work but it is an important game to me and one I would want to see again.

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Funny, I had wanted to post something similar to this a well. but couldn't settle on my own game: it was between Mass Effect 2, Booodbourne and Ocarina of Time

but then it made me rethink the question: whether it was a game to replay the first time again, or individual experiences from a game, e.g. last level in ME2/OOT or the unveil of BBs world as shit got real..

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Its tough, I could pick a few different games.

Ultimately it's gotta be Fallout: New Vegas. I could play that game another half-dozen times.

killuglypop

Jan 9, 2020
Resident Evil 4. I'd always been floored by the first hour of this game but ultimately gave up due the difficulty. Enter the Wii version with gyro control, what a single player campaign this turned out to be. I wish I could play it again for the first time.

Other mentions:
Last of Us
Skyrim
REmake

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Link's Awakening.

I have such strong memories of 11yo me playing this game on summer vacation. My father had bought me the game in America before LA even came out in Europe, and for all I know I could be the only Italian kid playing this game in the summer after finishing elementary school.

I could barely understand English back then, yet the game was accessible enough that I didn't need to understand every nuance.
I remember getting stuck for what seemed like weeks in the dungeons in the second half of the game, while it was probably a day or two for the hardest puzzles. I remember my jaw literally dropping when, by pure chance, I found out what to do in the Eagle Tower. I remember every step in the trade chain and not even understanding what the Magnifying Glass actually was or what it did. Some of the stuff in the game just seemed to happen by itself, I was often just fumbling around in the overworld and underworld, finding new stuff and then having it work in ways I didn't even realize. I don't remember making the connection between the magnifying glass and the library book, for the longest time I thought the book contained some horrible secret before... something in the game happened and suddenly you could read the book's contents, LOL.

That was one of the last times I figured out everything in a game by myself. Other games I could find guides on magazines and books and in school I could share tips and secrets with my mates, but LA was completely new and I was the only person I knew with a copy of the game, so I had already finished it by the time it came out in Europe and some walkthroughs started appearing in magazines.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Resident Evil 4. Just discovering and finding everything out for the "first time" again would be a damn dream.

Runner Up:
Metal Gear Solid 4
God Hand

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
Either Fez or Antichamber, as they aren't quite as fun to play through when you know all of the puzzle solutions

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
EverQuest 1 and to a lessor extent, World of Warcraft.

The very first time I logged into EverQuest, I knew I was a witness to gaming history. Even after 40+ years in this hobby precious few games have had that effect on me.

melichrous

Self-requested temporary ban
Dec 9, 2017
Without question, it would have to be Hollow Knight. I love everything about that game, and being able to experience the whole feeling of awe when exploring Hallownest for the first time would be absolutely amazing.
Easily one of my favourite games of all time, hands down. Cannot wait for Silksong.

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I'm a huge final fantasy fan and while I'd love to re-experience 7/8/10, I can't see how any answer but Shadow of the Colossus makes sense here.

Lunoir

Aug 31, 2019
Massachusetts
Feel like it would have to be Demons Souls or Dark Souls. There are lots of games I'd like to experience again for the first time, but being lost and unfamiliar is so core to the original appeal of the Souls games that it has to be my pick.